• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Is there a villager that changed in New Horizons, and now you no longer like them?

eeveelovee

🔮 Pokémon Master 🔮
Bells
Island
Ashlar
Yellow Balloon
Pink Balloon
February Birthstone (Amethyst)
Crystal Tree
New Horizons changed a lot of villagers in the way of their clothes, and their houses. A lot of my New Leaf dreamies were based off of their aesthetics, and now that they are in New Horizons, their aesthetic has totally changed.

Example, in New Leaf, I was obsessed with Pashmina. Her shirt, her house, her furniture. ALL SO CUTE!

Now,

Coming into New Horizons, this is what they changed her aesthetic to:

WHAT IS UP WITH THAT? Ugly... Completely ugly. Now I no longer like Pashmina, and I will never have her in any island I ever create. Which is sad, because I loved her so much in New Leaf.....

Do you have any villagers that you used to love, but no longer because they changed their aesthetic in New Horizons?

I still love Diana but just being honest, her default NH dress makes me wanna cry. The dress isn't even that bad, its just soo not her color!😔 If we couldn't ever change their clothes I would've never invited her to my island. I still see her wear it sometimes and it annoys me so much, she's likely the next villager Im getting off my island.

Maybe Butch? His NewLeaf house looks decent. Sort of like a Hard Rock Cafe setup, but in NH his home is just a dusty and abandoned gas station. Like he was left on the road as a pup/dog. I still need to decorate the villager's homes. I'm starting with his now that I think about it.

I used to like Boris when he returned in New Leaf, I loved how his house was a movie theater setup. Sadly in New Horizons he went for a more desert look, which I didn't like one bit. More of it he didn't fit my Citycore island if I did keep him. While yes, I can always change his house to a movie theater, that can't be the same for his shirt as they'll always go back to their basic shirt whenever they please, so it wouldn't work...

I had that happen with Puddles. However, that was before the DLC. I'm about to have her come back to my island now that I can make her house feel like her houses in the older games. Hopefully that will make me love her like I used to :)

Ohh my gosh I was actually coming here to say Pashmina!! I haaaate diner aesthetics, I want Goth Goat back 😭 Glad I had her in New Leaf at least—it's not as bad now with the HHP DLC and the ability to redecorate villager houses (even if Pashmina's is bad enough that I'd want to speedrun unlocking that ability), but my island is full now anyway. I hope she returns to something closer to her original Rococo aesthetic in the next game.

I still love Mira, but I don't love the way they changed her house into a stage, or something...
Her house back in New Leaf used to actually fit her theme!

Before:

1703134448978.jpeg

After:

1703134455713.jpeg

Even the player character doesn't seem to like Mira's house stage...

This thread made me look up what some of my guy's houses look like in New Leaf,

Kid Cat's house is still my least favorite xD

But honestly I'd say if I had Marshal and/or Lopez, in New Leaf, and found them in New Horrizons, I would really want their old houses back.
House_of_Marshal_NL.png

I mean Marshal's has so much more character and looks so cool then go to an idea show room in New Horizons
House_of_Marshal_NH.jpg

I mean look at the differences. Thr new leaf one is way better (Side note I completely forgot what Marshal's house looked like, but I swear he had a different kitchen)

Tomuson's_house.jpg

Lopez's looks so cool, and the color scheme is amazing. Really nice

Really not a fan of hid New horizon house xD It's so, eh, not for me. This looks way better in my opinion

Aesthetic changes don't bother me. My issue was the change to lazy villagers. The sudden lack of cleanliness and constant bug-talk was off-putting. This meant poor Filbert, who lived in my ACNL town since the game's launch, didn't even get an invite to my ACNH island.

I used to have Muffy in new leaf but I don't like how sheep villagers look in stretched clothes I prefer the scarves tbh...as house interior go, I also like more the rococo series Muffy had in the previous game but the new one is not too bad.

NL_Muffy_House.jpg
>
NH_Muffy_House.png

I used to have Muffy in new leaf but I don't like how sheep villagers look in stretched clothes I prefer the scarves tbh...as house interior go, I also like more the rococo series Muffy had in the previous game but the new one is not too bad.

NL_Muffy_House.jpg
>
NH_Muffy_House.png
YES!!! Another thing they changed that I didn't like... Their scarves looked so cute!

I definitely don't like or dislike villagers based on housing, but I agree that some of the interior changes are confusing and a little sad. I think it speaks to NH's lackluster furniture offerings when the game was first released--a lot less variety and personality in some of the homes.

I don't think I could ever flip all the way from loving a villager to disliking them regardless of any changes made to their design. Once a friend, always a friend! I do miss the scarves on the sheep; the uniqueness of their circular shape was so much cuter. I also preferred the hippo, rhino, horse, cow, and other large-headed villagers before their proportions were adjusted for NL and then even more for NH. I liked the oversized heads!

I generally don't repeat villagers, so for most of them I'm not really dealing with that aspect. That said, I did move Ankha out of my main New Leaf town into my New Horizons island since she fit the island's theme. Her house in New Horizons is a tragic downgrade and I'd say she has a worse ancient Egyptian house than other villagers like Diva or Boris. Seriously, she had a magnificent Throne in New Leaf and now she has...a golden toilet.

Aside from that, I will say that as a whole, I am disappointed with the Smug villagers in New Horizons. I really enjoyed their portrayal in their debut in New Leaf and there are a ton of Smug designs that are among my favorites, such that Smug was my favorite male personality in New Leaf. I don't really like their dialogue in New Horizons, though, and now Cranky has become my favorite male villager personality.

Aesthetic changes don't bother me. My issue was the change to lazy villagers. The sudden lack of cleanliness and constant bug-talk was off-putting. This meant poor Filbert, who lived in my ACNL town since the game's launch, didn't even get an invite to my ACNH island.
Yeah they really did lazy dirty in this game. I really liked their design and personality in previous games, but there's only so much dialogue about bugs, poor hygiene, questionable food content, and them 'reverse snacking' that I can take.

ick.jpg

I definitely agree about the sheep scarves. I miss those for sure.

More personally New Horizons made a change to my favourite villager that I am not really a fan of. Peewee's default catchphrase in the previous games was "li'l dude" which is most definitely one of the features that made me warm up to him when I was playing City Folk back in the day. In New Horizons they changed it to "li'l bitty baby" 🤮 I changed his catchphrase on my island back to "li'l dude" but when I happen to run in to him elsewhere I'm definitely off-put by his new catchphrase.

i also want the sheep to be round again, why did they make them skinny 😪 they massacred my girls. i don't mind the lazy villagers talking about bugs but i wish they weren't unclean and sloppy.

also give marshal back his denim vest!

She looks the same so maybe I just prefer her in a lower resolution but I don't love Mira as much as I did in New Leaf 😭 I think it's something about the makeup. I haven't had her on my island yet though I'm hoping I'll get her someday and realize I do still love her!

I still love Mac and he’s definitely still my favorite villager, but I preferred his outfit in games prior to New Horizons. For crying out loud, give him the red aloha tee back. They even got rid of the shirt’s design completely. They changed the aloha tee’s design to pineapples rather than the original floral pattern. The red and blue aloha tees were my favorite clothing item in the game, and now I don’t like the newly updated aloha tees. It’s shameful what they did to the shirt, in my opinion.

I wouldn't say I lost love, but I do prefer the default clothes and personality portrayals in New Horizon's predecessors. This goes for in general, actually.
Post automatically merged:

i also want the sheep to be round again, why did they make them skinny 😪 they massacred my girls. i don't mind the lazy villagers talking about bugs but i wish they weren't unclean and sloppy.

also give marshal back his denim vest!
I miss how the sheep used to wear scarfs. It was something that made them unique. ^^

Back