• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Which game do you like more, New Leaf or New Horizons?

both! i love both, but New Leaf is definitely my comfort game, and has a special place in my heart. there's something so nostalgic about it. esp. the music. and the softness. the graphics are cute and soft. New Horizons has great graphics, of course, but New Leaf has a soft touch that i just can't describe and i love. i love night time music and vibes in New Leaf...so peaceful. New Leaf was also my first Animal Crossing game and even before Wild World, which I also have played a bit and enjoyed. I haven't played as much of Wild World as i would have liked to but it's still a cute and fun game, and i hope to do more in it.

New Horizons is fun and exciting esp. because of all the customization, and i love the ability to put furniture outside. it's super clever. i also love the crafting and the cooking feature. it would be super awesome if New Leaf had crafting or cooking but New Leaf is so perfect the way it is as well, so i dont really mind.

the one thing that New Horizons lacks that New Leaf has... is the mini game. I love in New Leaf how you can purchase Fortune Cookies and inside one of them, if you keep going and getting them, is the Nintendo 3ds item. At first you're like, wow, cool, a game inside a game! BUT then when you go and place the item and interact with it, it launches Puzzle League and then with the Wii U item it launches Desert Island Escape. and then you're like, A DIFFERENT GAME! also Animal Crossing related! INSIDE the same game! i mean, how clever is that?? it's awesome!!!

New Horizons is wonderful and i enjoy it but it lacks some of the stuff in New Leaf I loved. street pass, fortune cookies, Re-Tail to name a few. I also love how you could re-list your items in Re-Tail. I love that they re-added Cyrus and Reese in New Horizons but their role to the player is kind of not the same. but i still enjoy both games very much and I genuinely think New Horizons is a good remake, it just has some missing potential from New Leaf.

basically, both games are awesome in their own right. both games have pros and cons. and both games are fun! : )

I'm attached to New Leaf although there are plenty of things better in New Horizon, but I feel everything is too easy in New Horizon and I'm not as motivated, the events were funnier in New Leaf, but the screen is so small!

New Leaf by an absolute long shot. There are so many things that I liked about that game on top of the Welcome Amiibo update that added a bunch more stuff after (namely the minigames of Puzzle League and Desert Island Escape!). As the first Animal Crossing game that introduced me to the series in the first place, I treasure it and the memories I made in my heart. New Horizons had some strong points for sure, but it always felt like it came up short in other aspects (bland dialogue, some hourly themes being downright annoying, and the heavy focus of designing your island as opposed to building a community).

Despite how gorgeous New Horizons is and how much I really appreciate certain features I got a lot more enjoyment and playtime out of New Leaf as a whole. Going back to it for this event really reminded me of how much I love the game.

It feels so much more alive (imagine if the New Leaf villagers could hold items and such like New Horizons ones do!) With the villagers asking you to play hide n seek, the bustling downtown, getting to upgrade the shops downtown, and the inclusion of mini games it so much fun. Despite how much emptier my town  looks (I absolutely adore getting to place things outside in New Horizons) I feel like it has more heart.

Also the sheeps wear scarves so they get to be round and fluffy and changing that in New Horizons was perhaps it's biggest crime 😪

For me New Horizons beats New Leaf by miles.

I get that people miss multiplayer minigames from New Leaf and the music from older AC games is undeniably iconic. The villagers might also be a bit more interesting. I also miss the StreetPass content!

However, terraforming and island customisation in New Horizons (placing items outside) make a much more interesting game to me! The island creations in New Horizons blow me away! Have you not visited some incredible dream islands?! New Horizons really is amazing for that! And I already was focused on island customisation in New Leaf. Every corner was trimmed to my liking! 😂

Back