• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

What Did You Accomplish On Your Island Today?

Just randomly checked on my island evals and received a 5 star rating! Glad to have the golden water can DIY! More hybrids to come!

• did my daily grind of fossil hunting, flower watering, etc
• donated my 2nd painting to the museum
• sold so many bugs to flick.......hes a happy fellow
• talked to all my villagers
• checked out nook’s cranny and able sisters
• bought a present for bertha since it’s her birthday tomorrow!

• Celebrated the new shop opening
  • Bought mysterious carpet and wallpaper from Saharah
  • Did more terraforming
  • Built an incline
  • Moved Freya's house into the neighborhood

Terraforming. Lots and lots of terraforming. It feels like I've done so much and at the same time so little because I've spent several hours on it today, and yet I'm nowhere near done with it.

Also found out today that Nook's Cranny is upgrading tomorrow! Yaaaay! ...Unless I run out of fruit for moving trees about tomorrow.

As well as that, Able Sisters had a crown, which I was able to buy but now I only have about 250k to spend on turnips on Sunday. Worth it tho, lol.

-redid a BUNCH of pathing for house and bridge movements
-moved a house today and have plans to move more houses over the next 2 days
-celebrated nook's upgrade and completion of an incline
-changed my rep's outfit for the first time in a week. i've gotten very attached to the punk lolita look i had goin on but i also forgot how fun it was to mix and match outfits
-more terraforming- made a little island for able sisters + willow's house

watered my flowers, moved in and out a few villagers, replanted my pink hybrids to be by my museum, cleared out a lot of my storage and gave a lot of stuff to friends, made my flatmate some summer shell stuff and normal shell furniture!

This is actually what happened over the past three days, as I forgot to post the first two.
Without further ado, here's what happened on Shione!

4/22
• Nook's Cranny is getting upgraded! Looks like I won't be very busy tomorrow...
• C.J.'s back! After beating his challenge, I handed him the Barred Knifejaws I'd been saving for a collectible.
• Gayle showed me how to make a Natural Square Table.
• (Huh, I actually didn't get very much done today...)

4/23
• Since Nook's Cranny is currently upgrading, I'll have to go on trips to other islands if I want to sell anything.
• Gayle showed me how to make a traditional straw coat.
• Poor Rex had flees! :(
• I met up with Leif today! (I kinda like him better in this game)
• An art gallery is going be added to the museum! Wow!
• Went to multiple islands to sell and collect recipes!
• Ran into Crazy Red on someone's island! Couldn't buy anything of course, but it was cool to see him again!

4/24 (also my dad's B-day! So I won't be on as long)
• Redd's been ratted out by Isabelle XD
• Gayle taught me how to express "Sadness".
• Bought a painting from Redd, but I'm not too sure about it...
• Harry's sick! :( I rushed to the store to get him some medicine.
• The painting was real! (Whoo!) Now we can have an art exhibit in the museum!

Over the past 2-3 days I decided on what I want my town to look like and how to go about it. :) I finished the area in front of the airport and somehow got 3 stars despite having picked very few weeds and having literally nothing built or done, but I do have a lot of hybrid flowers from islands and breeding I guess. That means KK came today, so I added paths to the entrance area! I also finalized the area in front of Mabel's and Sable's today with paths and everything.

I've struggled a lot with how to go about making my town because I've seen so many beautiful places and I'm not an expert decorator, but I decided that to make mine uniquely 'Equinox', I'm staying true to my native flora. I'm using only orange trees, windflowers, weeds, and sticks for the landscaping. All my other trees and flowers will go in designated orchards or gardens if I choose to include them in my town. I haven't decided anything outside of my town area, so we'll see what comes into play there!

8222A760-3BF6-49CD-B90E-E9B326A18990.jpeg

I also bought 4 tape decks for my front area to all be playing KK Love Song in the corners of it (hidden behind trees or fences), and I love the atmosphere. It feels very similar to the opening screen of a peaceful fantasy game. I don't have any pictures of that area in daylight yet, but I hope to take some tomorrow!

Today I was going around shaking trees, looking for fossils and hybrid flowers when I saw a lily of the valley!

I wasn't expecting it. I was decorating my island very minimally as I didn't want it to become city-like. I like the rural landscape. No walls around villager houses. Even my paths are all single tiles. I've seen my island from the air and it looks terribly underdeveloped. I thought I would never get the 5 rating. So, yeah, it was a great surprise. :LOL:

Today I:
- Bought and sold turnips and made 1 million bells
- Made a double waterfall for behind some villager houses
- Just did some general island maintenance/changes

I sold about 1 million Bells worth of Tatantulas to Flick. Also commissioned a Giant Waterbug statue.

Kitty moved into her house. Still in boxes, so I did not get to really interact with her too much yet.

Pre-emptively moved Flip's house so that I can move Fang's house there once he moves in (Kitty and Fang queued up the same day and Kitty moved in first). Also started planning out Fang's front yard. Lucky guy practically has a private beach, so I want to incorporate it into the plans.

Museum is closed for renovation, but that is fine because I have nothing to donate.

Caught my 4th Barreleye. Now, I have enough to give to CJ to get a model made. I'll miss having two of them flanking my house's entrance and greeting people as they enter.

In Reviled:

- Dug up all the fossils.
- Sold all the seashells and saved some for my villagers.
- Shook all the trees.
- Watered all the flowers.
- Paid more of my loan.
- Checked up on and talked to my villagers.
- Donated anything new to the museum.
- Checked on Nook's Cranny and bought anything new.
- Checked Nook's Shop and ordered five of anything new.
- Checked the Able Sisters and bought anything new.
- Got whatever was new from the daily NPC villager.
- Changed my home slightly.
- Caught some more bugs and fish I needed for models.

I do a lot of the same things, but I still like posting these.
It is still nice to reflect on your daily accomplishments, no matter how menial you think they are!

Today I did my usual:
-Digging up fossils
-Watering flowers
-Moving flower spawns to their proper locations

I also:
-Allowed a friend to come get the brown grand piano from my Nook's Cranny
-Got an aluminum briefcase from my friend (if anyone has the one with stacks of money in it, I'd love to catalog it)
-Did a lot of work beautifying some specific areas on my island
-Believe I found the real Scary Painting (which legitimately freaks me out)
-Am having KK Slider perform KK Sonata so I can have the track for my outdoor library/study area
-Created a new zodiac area of my island which I got the inspiration for online... although since I do not tt, it will take almost a year to complete
-MOST IMPORTANTLY, now that Hans moved out, I needed a new villager. I can report that after 24 NMTs I located TIA! I am so thrilled!

Finally, I created an Island Journal on here... pics to come probably tomorrow. You can find it here!

I couldn't do much today, as I'm currently waiting for my trees and flowers to grow back. I've pretty much replaced everything plant wise in my town and now it's much more organized. Once everything grows back, the bugs will reappear and hopefully I can get the last of the remaining things I need to catch for the month of April. So basically planted a lot of things today and did the normal chores of fossils and cleaning up weeds. Other than that, my museum upgrade will begin tomorrow and so will the town hall being built.

• Bought a painting from Redd
  • Celebrated the museum opening
  • Celebrated the incline being built
  • Listened to KK Slider (Surfin KK)
  • Tweaked the placement of Bianca's house

- Unlocked the catalog app in second town
- Did chores in both
- Donated some things to the museums
- Found one of the cute pieces of clothing I've been wanted in my able's today - so naturally bought every color option
- Got my light house thanks to a user on here that ordered it for me <3 for second town
- Started an incline for the second town
- Pay'd off the upstairs for the second town house and started the basement

- I finished adding paths and added a river to my new residential area
- Finally added more furniture around the rock areas
- Finally got to a 4 star rating!!
- Paid off my new staircase and moved another villager house

Back