• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What do you think should have been included but was left out

Then comes the plaza tree on NL. It was cute! Bring it back! I loved the lush canopy, it was great.
I forgot about that tree entirely! It even gives you some dates on when villagers moved in and other nitbits if you sit down in front of it, with the information coming in like a credits staff roll. The music even changes from the hourly one to something more calm and relaxing; sounding sort of like completing the game, even though it's debated on when you actually "beat" Animal Crossing. I forgot the specific dates on when my longer-tenured villagers moved in on my NH island; I didn't start archiving that myself until later. I would love to be able to know that information again.

Obviously Tortimer Island. (Or something similar to it)
When I watched the 2.0 update 3 years ago, I saw Kapp'n and was super hyped that Tortimer's Island would be coming back, but I was heartbroken when it turned out to just be a 2nd way to go to mystery islands. I mean, why create a separate feature of the same thing with only someone else operating it while the islands adding things that were added to 2.0 and Seasonal islands when it could've just been added in as new mystery islands from your typical Nook Mile Tickets instead?
I would have preferred a similar Tortimer Island approach, not this... Plus, if they had a Club Tortimer-like feature to said Island, I'd finally have a boatload of friends on NH, and tours too I guess.

Practically majoity of what has been said by everyone here:
- the tropical fruits
- Tortimer Island and its mini-games
- the megaphone
- the toy hammer
- the missing furniture sets
- Nook Store upgrades
- majority of the plant furniture
- Club LOL
- in-depth holiday events
- villager favors, etc.

I still think that New Horizons could've been the definitive version of AC, but I guess you really can't have everything.

- The megaphone (for when a certain villager is outside)

- Something to tell us where a villger is at (since they tend to mingle around and are not always outside nor in their houses).

- Tortimer Island.

- Gems.

- The classic furniture sets from the older games.

- A DND sign to keep barge-ins from happening at atrocious times.

I personally think they should've really brought back the extra fruit from New Leaf. (Hell, add more fruit while they're at it, too. I would KILL for something like strawberries or blueberries to be added.) Plus, something similar to Tortimer Island (could've been part of Kapp'n's boat tours in addition to the mystery islands?) and being able to upgrade the shops would've been pretty fun as well. I get that it was meant as a sort of soft reset for the series, but the amount of missing NPCs did feel a bit weird...

Aside from a bunch of furniture, i think mini games is really missing

Reactions: Doo
Bananas bananas bananas bananas. I don't know why they didn't add this fruit to a tropical island. Or the others like durian, persimmons, lychees, or mangoes, but I think at the very least bananas should had came back. It's criminal that they didn't.

As mentioned already - bananas! Fr, no tropical fruits on the islands?

Serena. Mini games. The gambling (like in the igloos, you could win stuff). Gracie's car washing job, haha. The gracie grace furniture. Villager fetch quests - you could ask them what's bothering them and they'd say what they wanted and you could go get it.

Would have been nice to have an updated version of the city folk auction house. Maybe one where you could connect to it, put furniture items up for auction, buy things other people put up. But update it so you could interact with the auctions without traveling to islands.

And wendell! Kind of miss giving him food for patterns, lol... blanca walking around with a blank face, drawing cyclops blanca...making constellations...

Oh- and red turnip seeds! I used to stock up on red turnip seeds. Then plant them, water every day, and get a nice profit. Unless i forgot....

Seems like some of the characters got replaced with other mechanics. Like pelly/phyllis/pete. Booker and copper. Wendell. Blanca. Serena (stingy thing...).

Back