• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Have you tried doing anything in New Leaf that you can only do in New Horizons?

Has your town suffered from you mixing up NL and NH knowledge?

• Total voters

Aerith

Avian Maiden
Bells
Blue Hybrid Hyacinth
Blue Hybrid Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
Golden Watering Can
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Has New Horizons thrown you off and made you question what's possible? Have you been disappointed by your memories, which once were home to hoards of New Leaf knowledge, failing you at the climax of their relevance?

I myself... have shown to be imperfect. There's a lot of quality of life changes and conveniences of New Horizons that I have taken for granted. :( My pristine nostalgia goggles for New Leaf have become a bit clouded. My first mistake was running wherever my heart desired, and destroying a patch of flowers. Oops. Well, not much of a big deal, because my entire town has been taken over by them. I had plans to move some of them with my shovel, because I didn't want my inventory clogged up with petals, and destroyed another patch that way, LOL, completely forgetting New Leaf doesn't allow you to pick flowers, and digging them up kills them. Aside from that, I seem to be doing okay about remembering what I can or can't do. I wish I could remember more of the 'cans', because the little touches and hidden details that New Leaf was known for are what keep it higher in my heart than New Horizons.

Sometimes I really want to place furniture items in a spot I can't and then it's not centered and I hate it. What I can't remember is if this was possible in Happy Home Designer...

Edit: Oh, remembered another one! I get really annoyed that I have to be right in front of the wall to place wall items. If there's furniture against the wall, it won't let me.

I've been having the same flower problem, working hard to grow the hybrids I need but then I keep shovelling them up 😭

I've been pretty good about remembering not to run though!

Same! I destroyed about 10 flowers thinking something was wrong with my shovel, before I realised you just pick them in NL...

Not really. I played NL before I got NH and NH is pretty much the only Animal Crossing game I play now so there's that.

The only reason why I posted here is because this thread reminded me of a game plugin I had on my hacked N2DS called "Vapecord-ACNL-Plugin", where you can do some crazy stuff within the game like "Room Warping" and "Text2Item". I remember there was this feature (and I don't know if it was a joke or not) where you can make NL kind of like NH. I did not try it out due to fears of ruining my town.

One time after playing NH for a while and returning to New Leaf I tried to stack seashells...

Yeah I keep using NH logic on NL. Such mistakes include:

-Forgetting that I can’t stack items
-Buying furniture to put outdoors, only to realize I can’t do that in NL
-Forgetting the correct hours for the Nooklings’ store
-Forgetting that the rules for events are different
-Forgetting how much storage space I have

I started with NH and plan on going backwards to experience most of the AC games. I imagine my muscle memory will only get worse as I get to the older games.

Constantly trying to do the tool thing from NH. Driving me bonkers I swear!!!!

yes i destroyed so many hybrids accidentally in new leaf LOL.

also its funny but going back to nh i kept cycling through every single tool in my pockets instead of using the wheel i paid a lot of miles for

When I went back to the game during the recent Farewell to New Leaf event, like you, I also accidentally killed a flower by trying to dig it up with my shovel. Fortunately it was just one of the standard flower colors, not a hybrid I was using for anything in particular.

Back