• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Things you didn't know about forever?

i didn?t know you could use the marshmallow chair as a table until i accidentally put a stained glass lamp on one while decorating :eek:

has this always been possible or did they add it in the update? :confused:

I didn't know how people got hybrid flowers on their islands for the longest time. You cannot grow them obviously, but you can bring one per visit, per player (for a maximum of 4 per visit) by wearing one as headgear. You will still have it on once you arrive and if you take it off you can plant it on the island!

Okay, I didn't know this one! But, duh, right? Whoopee, blue flowers on my island! Thank you!

I took a blue pansy there today...:)

Last edited:
I have my island covered in hybrids.
It looks better than my town!

I was lucky enough to get a special stump too (longhorn beetles spawn on them).

I didn't know that you could spill coffee and lose your balloons when you trip for a long time.

i didn’t know you could use the marshmallow chair as a table until i accidentally put a stained glass lamp on one while decorating :eek:

has this always been possible or did they add it in the update? :confused:

I believe this is from the Welcome Amiibo update! Stools now function as little tables as well as seating. It's a nice touch right?

I just realized you can arrange your emotes list by picking them up and dragging them. I can't believe I never tried before; all my fav ones are on my second page!

I've been playing NL on and off since mid-2015, but only yesterday did I discover Pav? and the feather-catching spectacle. :p

I didn't know how people got hybrid flowers on their islands for the longest time. You cannot grow them obviously, but you can bring one per visit, per player (for a maximum of 4 per visit) by wearing one as headgear. You will still have it on once you arrive and if you take it off you can plant it on the island!

You can bring double that many if you also carry a rose in your mouth! :D

I am actually relearning everything again, as I haven't played the game in 2 years, which is nice. I get to play the game at a slower pace then I did years ago. I have a funny little action that happened to me when I started playing. So I had forgotten how to pick an item up and I kept pressing "a" instead of "y". I even tried touching the screen lol.

I don't know if it's still in the game (because of the update): If you visit a dream town that was set during Bunny Day, when you shake a tree..a tree egg will fall out of it (but it's completely random).

So apparently you can choose how you want your coffee at the Roost??? At least to an extent, today Brewster let me choose how much sugar I wanted in my coffee, and afterwards it gave me a nice message along the lines of "blanket of warmth and sweetness".

That's pretty...coo! (lol) I wonder if it's because I've worked for him alot? Not sure if you can choose other factors at times but I would imagine so!

I just realized that since the Welcome amiibo updated, the TVs in villagers houses are now
switched off permanently? If I remember correctly, they were always on when you enter
the house. And now it's the opposite. Kinda weird and I like it when they where on if you
ask me.

This is more so just a creepy little thing I noticed, with the kangaroo villagers, their joey is an exact clone of the kangaroo. They blink at the same time, smile at the same time, look shocked at the same time and do the same emotes

This is more so just a creepy little thing I noticed, with the kangaroo villagers, their joey is an exact clone of the kangaroo. They blink at the same time, smile at the same time, look shocked at the same time and do the same emotes

I love this thread...never noticed that one!

- - - Post Merge - - -

I just realized that since the Welcome amiibo updated, the TVs in villagers houses are now
switched off permanently? If I remember correctly, they were always on when you enter
the house. And now it's the opposite. Kinda weird and I like it when they where on if you
ask me.

Not sure about this one...I believe I have seen villagers TV's on since the update. Sometimes I go shut them off, lol. Going to visit a couple of villagers am I now...

- - - Post Merge - - -

So apparently you can choose how you want your coffee at the Roost??? At least to an extent, today Brewster let me choose how much sugar I wanted in my coffee, and afterwards it gave me a nice message along the lines of "blanket of warmth and sweetness".

That's pretty...coo! (lol) I wonder if it's because I've worked for him alot? Not sure if you can choose other factors at times but I would imagine so!

Yes, I had to check it out, and he gave me a choice, too! Coo...Thank you

Last edited:
1- you can do emotions when you're in the water
2- you can prevent jellyfish from stinging you by acting out an emotion

I just realized you can arrange your emotes list by picking them up and dragging them. I can't believe I never tried before; all my fav ones are on my second page!

I have mine all in alphabetical order, because I'm a nerd like that. :D

I only recently learnt that if you trip up in AC;NL while holding a balloon iT FLOATS AWAY.

Back