• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Club tortimer hacker.

kisaker39

marsh
Bells
Red Rose
I havent been to Club Tortimer in quite some time, but i have seen quite a few complaints about a certain player on other websites. i am going to make a post about it here too, because it seems the effect this player can have on your save file is quite dangerous.

The user is Jonny with the town name New York. apparently, he is able to do very damaging things using hacking. he has been able to take away items you are wearing (example: you may be wearing a crown, and he can dress you up in something else, erasing that crowns existance) and he can change your hairstyle and colour, and eye type and colour. you could always find a shampoodle to get your old hairstyle/colour back, but the same cant be said for the eyes.

he is able to mess with your town too, i hear. (example: in one occasion, he dug holes around club tortimer, and when the player left, there were a bunch of inconvenient holes all around their town. although harmless, i can imagine he could permanently damage/change your town if he so wished)

if Jonny has changed your hairstyle/face and you decide to "error", the changed will still be saved. if you run into him on the islands, i would error as soon as you see him.

all the posts ive seen about jonny are 1-5 months old, quite recent. he seems to have sort of a theme. he changes all the players clothes into skii masks and outfits, therefore erasing all their clothing, and when they remove the skii mask, their eyes have changed to a shade of green. he locks you into the island so you cant leave (without "erroring") and inputs a command to make your character constantly float.
i suppose he attempts to wreck your town if he feels like it.

hackers are more common than you would think on club tortimer, in my many years of playing online, i have never personally had any trouble with them. they usually give free items or decorate the island by placing trees/flowers and the like. although you have a very low chance of running into a 'bad' hacker, you could probably get some hints that they dont mean well before they actually do anything.

if you run into Jonny, error as soon as possible, so he cant do anything. if you are on the luckier side, and only happened to have your hair shape/colour changed forcefully, you can come to my town to use shampoodle to change it back. if your eye colour is changed you may have to unlock shampoodle yourself, because you cannot change eye colour through multiplayer. i dont think you can change your eye type back without modding, unfortunately.

make sure to stay safe on the islands.

This sounds like the same person who done this to another user from here.

This sounds like the same person who done this to another user from here.

perhaps, maybe. it is hard to tell, because anyone with access to hacking and bad intentions could do something like this.

it is incredibly unfortunate that the islands have become genuinely unsafe, especially recently, when 3DS modding became unexpectedly popular. with the recent announcement of the 3DS online service closing in april, i am concerned about many players trying to access the islands as of late. it would only be natural for more people to want to visit the islands after the announcement, and im thinking about their last memory of club tortimer being something negative.
Post automatically merged:

How do you error?
there should be a switch on the right side of your console. it turns the internet access on your system on and off. it should flicker yellow if activated.
if you want to preform an error, simply turn it off. you will be kicked from the island, as well as everyone else there, instantly.

Every time I read about bad hackers I really get shivers for what they can do, reading the whole post which explains in detail the scheme of this Jonny I was really afraid of losing all my years of gaming even if I don't I found myself in that situation!
I had already read about this person a month ago on Reddit:
https://reddit.com/r/AnimalCrossingNewLeaf/s/wwvRmZeFCp

Fortunately I had already stopped going to Club Tortimer thanks to @Mr_Keroppi who had made a warning post many months ago.
Thank you so much @kisaker39 for having warned users again especially about this very dangerous hacker, it's always good to remember to be careful on the island especially now that many would like to go there like you said! But I always recommend going with trusted people after inviting them to your town.

I also wanted to say a word for all the hackers who instead help users and would never ruin their game. Many kind and generous hackers have helped me too, I'm sorry that now the word "hacker" is synonymous with "bad, dangerous".

I hope everyone will be able to enjoy the game safely in these last few months with online multiplayer❤️‍🩹

there should be a switch on the right side of your console. it turns the internet access on your system on and off. it should flicker yellow if activated.
if you want to preform an error, simply turn it off. you will be kicked from the island, as well as everyone else there, instantly.
I don't think this is on New 3DS XLs. I know that it's at least on older models.

I don't think this is on New 3DS XLs. I know that it's at least on older models.
ah, i see. im not so familiar with New 3DS XLs, i usually use the original console. unfortunately, it seems the only way to "error" on this console, there is an option on the home menu, however, the home menu is completely inaccessible. absolutely no use in a situation like that. the closest thing would be to power off your system completely. rather inconvenient, and takes a little longer.

I haven't heard of this specific hacker but I did hear a while ago that hackers got more dangerous than usual and I've refused to go back to Club Tortimer since then. It's sad because I used to love going there. I don't even want to go there for its final moments... Not taking any chances.

i have just been to club tortimer to observe the current state of it. the international island is very popular it seems, the moment i joined, it seems as if someone only joined the island seconds before me. and a few seconds after that, someone else joined.

the state of the reigional island (United Kingdom) is the same as it was before the announcement that the servers will shut in april. im not sure if its the same for the United State reigional island, but i cant imagine it being anything different. unfortunately i cannot check.

if you plan to go on the reigonal island, i cant imagine you having much trouble, but still be wary. if you plan to go to the international island.... be very careful. i have been to 3 islands on international so far and i may have encountered a hacker. he had unlocked all the badges (although this doesnt outwardly proove he is a hacker, i find it hard to belive he has all the badges when it says he joined only 2 months ago.) thankfully, he did no harm.
the chance of running into a hacker with bad intentions is low, but not zero.

although i can understand why people choose not to come to the islands, its such a shame people are put off from savouring the last months we have left on club tortimer because people can be so selfish to ruin someone elses game for their own enjoyment.

negative things surrounding hacking have always been present since the very beginning of club tortimer, but its such a shame it will end like this. its at such a high, and during the last months we will have with this game.

I remember mostly going to my regional island (North America) and based on how it was a few years ago, I cannot say it would be completely safe. Sure, there were a lot of nice people, including hackers. But I would still run into people who tried to make the experience bad.

The very few times I did go to Club Tortimer, I did see hackers, but they at least had the decency to only do things to themselves, like floating, or just spawn normal items. I didn't run into any who would make hacks that negatively affect anyone, and I didn't even think anyone would do anything like that until I saw the thread that @/AccfSally mentioned. I definitely should have known that some people would try to hack your game but it never occurred to me.

It was my first time going to tortimer island today and I had exactly that experience with a hacker, didn't saw the name but it was a dude with a mii skin and when I arrived suddenly I got an sphinx mask and then my hair colour and shape changed (same as the other girl that was in the island), and my glasses disappeared and also there was a lot of lag (the hack dude also said something about the girls hair and mine being ugly), tbh I didn't knew what was happening it was my first time online but I guess the other girl that was with me in the island error it so I didn't lose anything... Still it was a really bad experience and now I don't wanna step on the online server again ;;;;; it's sad cuz I was happy about having unlocked the option :'(

It was my first time going to tortimer island today and I had exactly that experience with a hacker, didn't saw the name but it was a dude with a mii skin and when I arrived suddenly I got an sphinx mask and then my hair colour and shape changed (same as the other girl that was in the island), and my glasses disappeared and also there was a lot of lag (the hack dude also said something about the girls hair and mine being ugly), tbh I didn't knew what was happening it was my first time online but I guess the other girl that was with me in the island error it so I didn't lose anything... Still it was a really bad experience and now I don't wanna step on the online server again ;;;;; it's sad cuz I was happy about having unlocked the option :'(
I am sorry you had that experience. thankfully you did not loose anything from it. i would not blame you if you do not want to play on Club Tortimer again. would you mind telling me where this took place if you can remember? (either the international island or the regional island. if it is the reigonal island, would you mind telling me which region you play in?) once again, i am sorry you had such an unfortunate first experience. if you do happen to loose anything in the future due to Club Tortimer hackers, i will gladly help you obtain them again.

I am sorry you had that experience. thankfully you did not loose anything from it. i would not blame you if you do not want to play on Club Tortimer again. would you mind telling me where this took place if you can remember? (either the international island or the regional island. if it is the reigonal island, would you mind telling me which region you play in?) once again, i am sorry you had such an unfortunate first experience. if you do happen to loose anything in the future due to Club Tortimer hackers, i will gladly help you obtain them again.
Hi, thanks. I do remember, it was in the international island.

I’m kinda scared of even going to random dream towns because I heard they can have issues too. I know to avoid going to main street on any hacked dream towns but for anything else I can’t find anything specific. Plus I know people can “steal” your town with DAs but I don’t care about that too much.

It’s kind of cool to hear about “infamous” hackers because of how nostalgic that is for me but very lame of them to do that. I have no issue with hacking or modding if you don’t damage other players but yeah… this sucks.

I’ve never understood why people are so horrid. I modded my 3ds purely to shift my house over one tile to the right so the door lined up perfectly with my illuminated arches (that one tile was sooo worth all the hassle and stress of modding hahah) but I’d never dream of damaging other players games. I don’t understand how people get enjoyment out of it. It’s so sad, because playing the mini games online was such a great and unique feature. It actually gave purpose to the online services.

I have only used Clib Tortimer online once. I like some of the mini games there but I hate playing online with other people unless it’s either Pokémon for trading and battling or Among Us

I don't think CT was that great even before hacking became a bigger issue, there's always horror stories about other people behaving badly. By this point, you'd be better off playing with people off this forum and hacking/trading for the CT-only items. It's just not worth the risk and there's fewer people just playing this game for fun.

Some of the claims I've seen about hacking seem very exaggerated and have little proof, but better safe than sorry imo.

I'm not sure if this is the same hacker, but not too long ago I went to a island and I immediately spawned on the island without having to walk out. I saw the Roost in the place of where you usually go to enter and exit. It was also night when I don't think that's possible on Club Tortimer. I remember checking to see who was on the island as I like to do to see who I'm hanging out with, but I don't remember who it was or what their town was. They didn't really say anything to me outside of one message when I got there, I didn't even see them anywhere. I couldn't leave the island so I walked into the Roost to see what was going on. When I walked out of the Roost, I suddenly spawned in what looked like my town. I couldn’t save so I was technically still on the island. I had no idea what was going on so I turned the game off before I did anything else. When I turned back it on everything was perfectly fine, but I don't know if I can go back to Club Tortimer without worrying about anymore weird events that could potentially mess my town up. If anyone else has has this experience let me know, I'd love to know if I'm the only one who witnessed this or not.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if this is the same hacker, but not too long ago I went to a island and I immediately spawned on the island without having to walk out. I saw the Roost in the place of where you usually go to enter and exit. It was also night when I don't think that's possible on Club Tortimer. I remember checking to see who was on the island as I like to do to see who I'm hanging out with, but I don't remember who it was or what their town was. They didn't really say anything to me outside of one message when I got there, I didn't even see them anywhere. I couldn't leave the island so I walked into the Roost to see what was going on. When I walked out of the Roost, I suddenly spawned in what looked like my town. I couldn’t save so I was technically still on the island. I had no idea what was going on so I turned the game off before I did anything else. When I turned back it on everything was perfectly fine, but I don't know if I can go back to Club Tortimer without worrying about anymore weird events that could potentially mess my town up. If anyone else has has this experience let me know, I'd love to know if I'm the only one who witnessed this or not.
I had a similar incident with the Roost being there a few years ago. Yes, going in there makes the game try to take you to your town, except you're still on the island. From what I remember (there were other people chatting there) everyone sees their own town on their screen.

Back