• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Club tortimer hacker.

Then it most likely wasn't the same hacker if Jonny is more recent while this is something that's been around a lot longer. I’m relieved to know it wasn’t just me that experienced it, and that whoever did it didn't mess anyone up I'm assuming. Still makes me sad that there are hackers who can trap you with no way out unless you turn the game off though.

I'm not sure if this is the same hacker, but not too long ago I went to a island and I immediately spawned on the island without having to walk out. I saw the Roost in the place of where you usually go to enter and exit. It was also night when I don't think that's possible on Club Tortimer. I remember checking to see who was on the island as I like to do to see who I'm hanging out with, but I don't remember who it was or what their town was. They didn't really say anything to me outside of one message when I got there, I didn't even see them anywhere. I couldn't leave the island so I walked into the Roost to see what was going on. When I walked out of the Roost, I suddenly spawned in what looked like my town. I couldn’t save so I was technically still on the island. I had no idea what was going on so I turned the game off before I did anything else. When I turned back it on everything was perfectly fine, but I don't know if I can go back to Club Tortimer without worrying about anymore weird events that could potentially mess my town up. If anyone else has has this experience let me know, I'd love to know if I'm the only one who witnessed this or not.
that is such a strange encounter. i have not seen anything like it before. the strangest thing i have encountered on Club Tortimer would be a hacker replacing all of the island shop items with chocolate bars, and making them cost 0 medals each. they also kept inputting strange commands that made my character float and trip over constantly. but it was certainly strange and not scary. the thought of hackers being able to access your town from you simply being on the island is not a nice thought.

if it helps you feel any better, i haven't read of any instances of hackers actually causing harm to anothers town. not to say it isnt possible, of course. the closest thing to it i have heard about is the instance you experienced above, and the fact that it is possible to leave inconveniently placed holes around anothers town. i have not read an instance of someone being able to displace trees/flowers(?)/houses/PWPs ecetera.

Last edited:
Just wanted to say this is still happening!
I went to CT the first time 3 days ago. Second interaction I had was with some modders and it was really wholesome. And I actually met a really nice person on there around my 10th trip and we ended up exchanging friend codes after talking for a while and after I was confident she wasn’t a weirdo or had any malicious intent. There was also a modder that made me float?? But they apologized lol. I also hung out with these random 3 people yesterday and we went on a tour before it glitched and we couldn’t go on anymore tours for some reason. So instead we sat down and talked for like an hour about random stuff, super wholesome. This was all in North America btw. But TODAY when I tried out the whole world for the 3rd time, there was this guy that put us in ski masks and made our hair green. I tried to leave as soon as I realized what was happening but it was taking way too long so I just pulled out the cartridge. And my hair was still green when I opened my save file!! I also lost my favorite pair of glasses and bun wig which is annoying but I re-ordered it so whatever. I don’t have shampoodle unlocked yet so this is really annoying. Safe to say, I won’t be anywhere on CT that isn’t on my continent.
Post automatically merged:

I didn’t catch his name but I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s the guy ‘Johnny’ everyone is talking about.
I’m just confused why anybody would do this in the first place, especially for so long. I feel like they would’ve grown out of it by now, so it might be more than one person that’s doing it.

Just wanted to say this is still happening!
Wow. I used to go to Club Tortimer a lot back when the game came out and thankfully never experienced that stuff. 😳 I made some great friends on there too! I think you're only allowed to type in 4 numbers per message, right? It was sometimes tricky exchanging friend codes. 😅

Maybe the hacking is ramping up because the online servers are shutting down soon and they want to troll their little hearts out before it's gone. 😠👎 But can't you just block those players though and then go back? 😬🤞

But can't you just block those players though and then go back? 😬🤞
From what I remember when I used to play, it's not that simple. After you block them, you need to leave so the game can save. If it doesn't save, there's no point. The most annoying hackers I would see always made sure to cause a communication error or game crash, preventing you from ever being able to successfully block them.
On top of that, I got the feeling some hackers had more than one save file...

Back