• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

There are 2 random villagers that have chosen to take the Getaway Package with you

Will anyone be resetting to get two animals they like? I think it'll be tempting! :blush:

Too much work to reset just to get the perfect map and villagers. I'll just reset until I get the perfect map.

I have the feeling the two starters, in “New Horizons,” will be opposite genders.

One male.

One female.

I am hoping at least one of them will be a villager I absolutely love.

I also hope for a perfect fruit that is more to my liking than some of the others. My favorite is the apple. My least favorite is the pear. The actual order (personal preference): 1) apple; 2) cherry; 3) orange; 4) peach; 5) pear.

Last edited:
Choosing villagers

I hope they give an option to choose your 2 beginning villagers if you have amiibo for those villagers. Like maybe it couldn't say 2 villagers have decided to make the trip with you and then 2 options popup one being "random villagers" and the other option being "use amiibo". Then you can scan the cards or figurines for the villagers. It would be a nice option for the people who paid for the amiibo.

I hope they give an option to choose your 2 beginning villagers if you have amiibo for those villagers. Like maybe it couldn't say 2 villagers have decided to make the trip with you and then 2 options popup one being "random villagers" and the other option being "use amiibo". Then you can scan the cards or figurines for the villagers. It would be a nice option for the people who paid for the amiibo.

That would be great, but to be fair I'd just give the player an "amiibo choice" for one of the two animals that invested in the Nook Getaway Package.

That would be great, but to be fair I'd just give the player an "amiibo choice" for one of the two animals that invested in the Nook Getaway Package.

You know I was JUST thinking of that lmao. I agree letting them only scan one villager maybe say it's a friend you convinced to come with you?

Not to be rude but I think you maybe did the math wrong. 1/250 and 2/500 is the same thing.

Mathematically they actually aren?t the same, even though it may look that way at first:

It?s a 1/250 chance compared to two separate chances: first a 1/500, and then another 1/499 chance. It?s fairly negligible, but your odds of getting a specific Villager are slightly higher with 2/500.

I like this idea. I bought quite a few amiibo cards and it would be neat for me to use them, as I have two cards of villagers that are my favorite. :)

I am keeping in mind that “Animal Crossing: New Horizons” may be set up to not let a player control the game fully. So, an example can be not letting you, the player, decided who specifically are your first two villagers. The game setting it up for two starting villagers—and, as I previously mentioned, it may be one male and one female—may be an example of you, the player, having to reach some compromises.

I am very glad, from what I saw from videos, that we players will be able to do our zoning control (where incoming villagers can locate their houses). That is great. And I look forward to seeing more previews, over the next several months, of “Animal Crossing: New Horizons”.

I wonder if Tom Nook will be nice to you as he can request which villagers you want, even without the amiibo card
not really, he is a money hoarder XD

To be blunt, this is by far my favorite feature *that I know of* in New Horizons so far. The fact that you start out with so few villagers, will make the relationship I build with these two starters just grow stronger, even if they are just villagers I would never have cared about otherwise.

This is why I come back to that again and again :p

Last edited:
Is anyone else upset you only start with 2

Actually not at all!
I really like that it?ll allow us to focus on getting to know the Animals one by one, because I think it?ll make me feel more attached to them that way.
Additionally, the lower number significantly increases my odds of starting only with villagers I like; it would take much longer to reset until I liked five starters, rather than just for two.

I think it makes the game more fun! Now (and this is my opinion) you don't have to run around, trying to do this and that while also having 6 of your villager's tasks in mind. When I first started, I was SO overwhelmed, but I eventually got into the grove. Plus, like Fey just said, you have a higher percentage of getting starters you want, and not having to restart over and over.

I think it makes the game more fun! Now (and this is my opinion) you don't have to run around, trying to do this and that while also having 6 of your villager's tasks in mind. When I first started, I was SO overwhelmed, but I eventually got into the grove. Plus, like Fey just said, you have a higher percentage of getting starters you want, and not having to restart over and over.
True, it might help new players bond with villagers if there are less at the start and they slowly trickle in as the town gets more developed.

- - - Post Merge - - -

True, it might help new players bond with villagers if there are less at the start and they slowly trickle in as the town gets more developed.

If we get to see our 2 starters on the plane/ at the beginning , I’m guessing they’ll be lots of resting for people who want different starters...if that’s how it will work. Especially since it seems our relationship with them will be a little bit different. Unless I’m reading that wrong.

Don’t think I’ll be doing that though.

Last edited:

I'm pretty happy actually! I didn't know about this until I stumbled upon this thread and I feel like starting with just two villagers will make things way more chill. I never managed to get attached to more than a couple of villagers in the previous games because they came and went quickly, so I'm hoping I'll be able to grow fond of the two I'm starting with.

I'm not going to reset until I get two I like either, as I plan on just enjoying the game, without focusing too much on getting my favorite villagers. The whole "you HAVE to get your dreamies at all costs" thing got a little bit out of hand in ACNL imho and I really want to get to know some new characters!

First of all, I do like the idea of these two starter villagers that becoming your best friends, also loving the
fact that they have to repay their own loan back to Nook, finally someone who shares the same pain as the
player, lol. Also I guess I will not be the only one resetting to get two villagers which are acceptable? I don't
wanna end up with villagers I don't like to be honest, even if it means I have to reset for hours.So bye bye
to annoying house resetting and hello to the freedom to decide where houses should standing? Wonderful.
I'm wondering what this new system to invite new animals to the island is and how it will work. The fact
that islanders can teach you new DIY recipes sounds neat, same with new ways to improve your friendship
with them. Only letdown is that there will be no new personalities. I hoped for a shy and nerdy personality
but okay, I can live with that as long as the other personalities aren't watered down again like they used to
be in New Leaf, I want cranky villages complaining about the desert island life and paying Nook ffs.

I hope we will get more information soon. So far, everything sounds overall really good.

I actually love this feature! I was never able to get attached to more than maybe 2-3 villagers in the previous games because they moved in and out so fast, so I'm loving the idea of starting out with just a couple of them. Also, I will not be resetting, as I want to give everyone a chance. I'm excited!

In the latest Nintendo Direct (september 2019), early in the video presentation of Animal Crossing: New Horizons, it seems the player and two animals have just landed on the deserted island. They come out of the gate and both Bill and Tammy run towards the service center where Tom Nook, Timmy & Tommy are awaiting them.
qSbyjTK.png

We can then see Tom doing his reassuring speach (you are safe here) to the player, but also Bill and Tammy.

So I was glad to see the first few minutes of what the landing on the deserted island will look like next spring. And I'm glad they really made it clear that the player is sharing the Nook Getaway Package with 2 other animals.

Last edited:
Back