• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

The New All-Inclusive Gender Poll

What is your gender?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm genderqueer.
This is great and it's nice of you to be so inclusive. However, I'd argue that there are too many options as a few overlap. I'm not moaning, I just wanted to point the following out. Again, I'm just glad you're trying to be inclusive. It's nice you don't want to leave anyone out.

Non-binary, and genderqueer are the same.

AFAB, AMAB, CAFAB, CAMAB, DFAB, DMAB, MAAB, FAAB, and putting transgender/cis in front of genders implies that someones birth sex effects their gender.

Intersex is not a gender.

You included pangender twice.

Also Trans* is an umbrella term which refers to all of the identities within the gender identity spectrum provided you're not cis. However, the use of it normally frowned upon in the transgender community. It adds to the idea that some trans people are less trans and thus need to be included separately. (These people include, non-binary people, pre-op people, and those who do not experience dysphoria.) Using Trans alone as an umbrella term is fine without the asterisk.

surely you must know that oath is really just doing this to troll right?

who said gender was a joke? Cause I never even hinted at that

lol sorry trolling = joke in my mind.
I just misread your intentions or whatever! (lol sorry im really tired and can't proper english tonight)
sorry! ;v;

Last edited:
Wait this kinda confused me? What if we are female and straight (if that has to do with anything cuz honestly idk)

Wait this kinda confused me? What if we are female and straight (if that has to do with anything cuz honestly idk)

assuming you were born female, you're cis-female and straight and that is a-okay!

Sorry lol I was so confused, thx for the help

all the jokes on this thread surely make me feel welcome to this community as a trans person lmao. nice to know i wont be spending time in the boards other than wifi trades and such. /sarcasm

anyway, I'm seconding what moddie said. some of the options aren't even genders and some are downright bad terms to use. in addition, pangender is a racist term - it essentially means one is "every gender", which includes genders exclusive to cultures they dont belong to. polygender is the best alternative.

as for myself, i am nonbinary and of a non-specific gender.

Last edited:
Seriously side-eyeing some of the posts in this thread smh

Anyways I'm genderfluid.

all the jokes on this thread surely make me feel welcome to this community as a trans person lmao. nice to know i wont be spending time in the boards other than wifi trades and such. /sarcasm

anyway, I'm seconding what moddie said. some of the options aren't even genders and some are downright bad terms to use. in addition, pangender is a racist term - it essentially means one is "every gender", which includes genders exclusive to cultures they dont belong to. polygender is the best alternative.

as for myself, i am nonbinary and of a non-specific gender.

I wasn't aware pangender was "racist". Nowhere I read mentioned that.

some of these options mean literally the exact same thing, what?

anyway, i am afab and honestly don't get the concept of gender. i lean towards the stereotypical feminine in terms of taste and whatnot but i don't really like to give myself a label.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back