• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mafia [GAME THREAD] Karen Mafia (Endgame - Mafia Wins)

Geoni

You're doing great!
Bells
Switch
2886-7024-2025
Vesta
Jingle
Lucky
Jack
Coco
Ruby
Mint
Lobo
Isabelle
Pavé
s7rWwLH.png

Credit to Jacob for the header! Thanks!

[spot reserved for when I figure out how to get a countdown timer in xenoforo somehow- pls DM me if you're a wizard ;_;]

Player List

1) Arstotzkan - eliminated D2, Vanilla Townie
2) voltairenism - killed N1, Vanilla Townie
3) Ace Marvel
4) Tensu
5) dedenne - eliminated D1, Vanilla Townie
6) Ronishy - killed N2, Vanilla Townie
7) Antonio - eliminated D4, Vanilla Townie
8) Endless
9) glow
10) Aerious
11) guav@
12) Amazonevan19 - eliminated D3, Vanilla Townie
13) MyLifeIsCake - killed N3, Vanilla Townie
14) epona
15) mogyay --> radical6 - killed N4, Vanilla Townie

7/15 players remain, 3/3 mafia remain

Replacements

1) Heyden
2) radical6

Observers

1) Catharina266
2) Jacob
3) Unravel
4) Tom
5) Bianca
6) Byngo
7) Sheep Villager

Major Game Events

Day 1 Begins
End of Day 1 - dedenne was a Vanilla Townie
End of Night 1 - Voltairenism was killed, Vanilla Townie
End of Day 2 - Arstozkan was Vanilla Townie
End of Night 2 - Ronishy was killed, Vanilla Townie
End of Day 3 - amazonevan19 was Vanilla Townie
End of Night 3 - MyLifeIsCake was killed, Vanilla Townie
End of Day 4 - Antonio was Vanilla Townie
End of Night 4 - radical6 was killed, Vanilla Townie

MAJOR NOTE: This is the first game to be hosted after the staff has raised concerns over the Cellar and posted their guidelines. Please read both the guidelines for this game as well as guidelines for The Cellar, posted below in full. Lets use this game a means of bettering ourselves moving forward. Staff, myself, observers, and other players will all be watching for rude/rulebreaking behavior and personal attacks so don't make things personal, it's a game and we'd like to keep it fun!

GAME INFORMATION/GAME-SPECIFIC GUIDELINES
Introduction:

Mafia is a game of the uninformed majority versus the informed minority. To elaborate, the game is typically divided into two teams: the Town and the Mafia. Mafia know who each other are, and can coordinate their actions privately. Town players on the other hand don't know anything other than their own role. To compensate, there are many more Town than Mafia. The objective of the game is for Town to eliminate by killing or lynching all the Mafia before it is too late. The game is divided into repeating phases of Day and Night. Day revolves around voting for a player to be lynched. Night is reserved for the Mafia to make their kills.

Be warned - Mafia requires a time commitment. This generally depends on the player, but at minimum 30 minutes a day of solid effort is required. As part of the time commitment, Mafia requires a great deal of reading. Most people are actually quite poor at reading comprehension and playing Mafia is a great way to improve your reading ability, as well as your writing and ability to think and argue logically.

How to Play Mafia for New Players:

Welcome to TBT Mafia. Mafia is a game of the informed minority versus the uninformed majority. To elaborate, the game is divided into two teams: the Town and the Mafia. Mafia know who each other are, and can coordinate their actions privately. Town on the other hand don't know anything other than their own role. To compensate, there are many more Townies than Mafia.

At the beginning of the game, you are PM'd your role. The game is divided into repeating phases of Day and Night. Day will revolve around voting for a player to be eliminated, and will last for a certain length of time decided by the host (generally 36 to 72 hours). Each player (including Mafia) get one vote, and players must figure out who the Mafia are, and convince others that they are correct. At the end of the day, the person with the most votes is lynched, and their alignment and role are revealed.

Night is typically locked from conversation and reserved for Mafia night kills and players with special abilities and will last for a certain length of time decided by the host (generally 12 to 24 hours). If the host decides to leave the thread open during nights, the time is used by players to react to the elimination and prepare for the next day. When night ends, everyone will be informed of who died during the night. The new day will begin, and discussions for the elimination begin anew.

Mafia is a game of logic, intuition, persuasiveness, reading ability, emotion, and will. In short, its a thinking man's game. There are many different ways to approach the game and every game is a very different experience. In addition, Mafia is not for the faint-hearted or overly emotional. While not occurring every game, sometimes people can get into very heated arguments with one another. People can get very emotional playing Mafia, as it is a high-intensity endeavor. That being said, playing Mafia is an excellent to develop thick skin, improve your patience, and make yourself a stronger person mentally.

About the Setup

Classic Mountainous
x12 Vanilla Townies
x3 Mafia Goons

1KP per night.

There will be no human balancing. The first rand will be the final rand, regardless of experience levels. All the Karens are also purely randomized and not hand picked for certain people.

Setup Rules

PMs:

PMs and other out-of-thread communication are NOT allowed UNLESS you are explicitly told otherwise. Any players doing so will be replaced/modkilled if found to be guilty of this.

Activity:
You must contribute at least five posts of substance per day. This means that if you only make a post, it needs to be more substantial than simply saying "I agree" or "RIP". If you post less than five posts but they're large, this rule may may be less strict. Substance is at the host's discretion, ultimately. Please PM the host ahead of time if you will have a specific phase that may not meet the requirement due to IRL circumstances. If it will for the rest of the game, consider letting someone in the replacements list play in your stead.

You must vote in this game. If you fail to vote twice in a row you are subject to replacement or modkill, regardless of activity level.

Substitutions:
This game uses replacements and they will be made up until the end of the game. If all of the remaining replacements feel there is too much to read towards the back half of the game, a modkill for inactivity will occur. Replacements will also be used for both forum-guideline and game-guideline violators, and if there are none left, modkills will occur.

Time Cycle and Phases:

36 hour days, 12 hour nights

5AM EST Sod (start of day)
5PM EST EoD (end of day)

Thread will be locked during the night phase.

General Mafia Rules:

Cheating:

Cheating includes (but is not limited to):

1. Posting after death. I am not allowing post-death posts, either. Please post your reaction in the graveyard and make it fun to read. I understand this is a change that may not make some people happy but please respect this rule.
2. Ruining the game by doing something like handing out your mafia's member list to the town.
3. Logging on to someone else's account to get their role or looking over someone's shoulder to get their role.
4. Comparing role PM timings to try and work out roles. DO NOT COPY AND PASTE THE WORDING OF YOUR ROLES.
5. Posting or sharing any PM you receive from a host without permission.
6. Getting yourself modkilled/replaced to help your team. Your non-majority-decided death may not be used as a bargaining chip.
7. Signing up more than once using smurf accounts.
8. Offering favours/items/bells outside of the game for a ingame information.
9. Sharing accounts with other players.
10. Breadcrumbing the specific phrasing of your role PM. Do not compare the phrasing in your role PM to prove your alignment. You can claim the abilities you have, but you can't use the specific phrasing of your role PM.
11. Posting a false PM phrased as if you received it from the host. You can still fake roleclaim, but you cannot make it look like you are posting a PM you received from the host.
12. Liking posts after your death or if you are not playing the game. This includes posts that are insubstantial/memeing. For now I am allowing likes by players who are still alive since I will be reading and likes aren't disabled here, but please make an effort to substantiate your own posts with quotes of agreement if possible.

YOU MAY ONLY COPY AND PASTE TEXT FOR USE AS EVIDENCE. POSTING SCREENSHOTS OR ANY OTHER NON-TEXT EVIDENCE IS CONSIDERED CHEATING. THE ONLY EXCEPTION IS EVIDENCE THAT IS PUBLICLY AVAILABLE FOR ALL PLAYERS TO CHECK (eg. post counts in a thread). IT IS BEST IF YOU CHECK WITH ME FIRST.

Cheating is not tolerated here as it ruins the game for everyone. The mods and admins here WILL take action.

Mod Font:
This is the mod colour. It is reserved for the host. Please do not use it.

Question Font:

THERE IS NO QUESTION FONT. PLEASE ASK QUESTIONS VIA PM AND NOT IN THREAD. IF SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE CLARIFIED THAT ISN'T ALREADY IN THIS OP, I WILL MAKE A POST IN THE THREAD THAT ANSWERS IT. PLEASE REFRAIN FROM POSTING SETUP QUESTIONS IN THE THREAD. THIS IS TO PREVENT ANGLESHOOTING READS/NEWBIE CLEARS.

Spam:
Strategic spam is unacceptable if it doesn't fit within post quality forum rules.

Editing:
Editing is not allowed for any reason. Editing will result in a warning. After that, you will be replaced/modkilled. While I ask for everybody to post as concisely as possible, post again if you have to edit anything. The board software automatically merges the posts anyway. Saying 'EBWOP', which means 'Edit by way of posting' is a simple way to edit something you said without doing it mechanically.

Inappropriate posts:
Mafia games can get heated, emotional, and salty. Please keep it civil and remember that what happens in Mafia should stay in Mafia. Don't let things wash over to the rest of the forum, it's just a game. If you ignore this rule in particular you're ignoring the staff rules that are also spoiler'd below and will be dealt with accordingly.

Observers' Chat:
While spectators will be fueling speculation, and dead players will be keen to give valuable "insight" into the game, please refrain from revealing game-changing information (eg. the identities of your fellow Mafia). Speculate, theorize and express bewilderment at dumb plays all you want, but remember that the chat is not leakproof and game-ruining information CAN get out.

Gamethrowing

You should try your best to help your team win while you are alive and in the game. Clearly not playing towards your win objective will be grounds for a modkill and will likely get you banned in accordance to Rules for the Cellar.

This also means that you cannot leave the game without a good reason. These situations will be dealt with on a case by case basis. PM the host if you need to leave the game.

Do not accuse others of gamethrowing in the thread and instead report it to myself and a mod in addition to this. This is a serious accusation to make.

You have been warned.

Voting rules:

This game uses plurality lynch. Whoever has the most amount of votes by the end of the day will be lynched. In the case of a tie, the person first to reach the amount of votes will be lynched. You must vote at least once every two days or be replaced/modkilled. Voting but not posting at all will not spare you from a replacement/modkill.

No lynch is allowed in this setup, but if the players choose to no lynch more than two days in a row a meteor will fall upon the game on the third attempt and everyone will die, resulting in a draw.

If nobody votes, a player will be chosen at random for the lynch by the host.

You vote in the following format ##VOTE: USERNAME. To unvote, simply type ##UNVOTE in the voting thread.

If you would like access to the Observers Chat, please PM me. Before you do though, I ask that you possibly consider joining the replacements list instead. If you join the Observer Chat, you obviously cannot become a replacement later in the game if needed. You CANNOT share the chat with living players, or any information from it.

If you have not read all the rules, go back and do so. I will not compensate for ignorance!

GUIDELINES FOR THE CELLAR

83ca7de2f675c32de5e595065e029e54.png

355d6495592137bfc037ff1fb70057c9.png

356645d312bac8917e19af24ab84ba95.png

25525c03ae73977b741917f09c626ae3.png

e15ea84dae0beb44a1527889fff34b8e.png

Last edited:
Start of Day 1

The year is 2020, a virus has rapidly spread around the world, it is known as Karen.

Little is known as to where they came from. Have they been there all this time and only come out now like a Karen-gene that had to be triggered? Or is there something deeper at work here?

Indeed there is. This is a battle for the soul. Their spirit. Their livelihood. This is their story...

You may post now. As a reminder I am requiring that everyone vote and post at least five times, with substantial posts counting for more. Please put in the effort and please be respectful to one another! Day ends at 5:00 PM EST, tomorrow, on 8/15.

Last edited:
First of all, I'll start off the game off with 5 questions. These aid as starting points with for the conversation, and to familiarise players with each other. Answering them is not compulsory, but it is a helpful action.

The questions I've chosen are:
What are your preferred pronouns?
How many forum mafia games have you played?
What is your preferred alignment?
Which player in this game are you most familiar with?
What time zones do you live in?

Here are my answers to the above questions:
He/him
A depressing number.
Town - there's more hidden information to solve as town, and I just find the experience a lot more liberating.
Probably Aerious? I'm also very familiar with Mogyay and Arstotzkan.
GMT+10

Now, secondly, I just want a quick foreword that from what I've seen of the last game on a skim, there was entirely too much insignificant banter especially during day 1.
Now, I'm not saying that discussion that isn't entirely game related should be axed entirely, but town's motivation tends to correlate with the ease of reading the thread, and if it's clogged down with erroneous chatter it becomes much more of a slog to comb through.
So all I'm asking is to limit one-word posts/responses and to try to avoid posting individual reads in an isolated fashion. (Try to bulk multiple reads together.)
Obviously, if this would put you outside your comfort zone, it isn't necessary. It is however helpful for town, so if you can manage it, I would recommend it.

And finally, if you are town, I would strongly recommend avoiding claiming a blue role/power role when you are a VT/Green role.
In fact, try to avoid claiming entirely with the sole exception of when you're at risk of being lynched.
In the last game, mafia fished the watcher out with minimal recompense - if we make it clear behaviour like this isn't acceptable as town, then if mafia want to pull it then they'd wind up facing consequences.

she/her
around 15 i think

town because im awful at mafia

no idea. some players i havent played with and its been a while since ive played mafia so i cant really remember too much

bst

And finally, if you are town, I would strongly recommend avoiding claiming a blue role/power role when you are a VT/Green role.
In fact, try to avoid claiming entirely with the sole exception of when you're at risk of being lynched.
In the last game, mafia fished the watcher out with minimal recompense - if we make it clear behaviour like this isn't acceptable as town, then if mafia want to pull it then they'd wind up facing consequences.
My guy I thought this is mountainous, so there are no power roles...

Anyways:

she/her/cake

Recently, 1 full, 1 micro

town right now

I've played with Ace for two previous games

CST

this game started at 4am 😭
Preferred pronouns: They/them but I got nothing against he/him
How many games have you played: Alot
Preferred alignment: Mafia 😈
Most familiar with: I believe I remember Mogyay's meta the most
Timezones: EST

Him/her he/she
How many forum mafia games have you played? This is the first one hopefully not the last one.
I'm new in town
Which player in this game are you most familiar with? I was obs in the last game, so some names are familiar
I'm from the UK GMT 0

He/Him/His
This is the lucky 21
I have never randed mafia, so town!
Volt, Guava, Epona and Aerious
Central Daylight Time

Hi y'all, I'm here and I have a complaint! Where is the manager?

1. Posting after death. I am not allowing post-death posts, either. Please post your reaction in the graveyard and make it fun to read. I understand this is a change that may not make some people happy but please respect this rule.
12. Liking posts after your death or if you are not playing the game. This includes posts that are insubstantial/memeing. For now I am allowing likes by players who are still alive since I will be reading and likes aren't disabled here, but please make an effort to substantiate your own posts with quotes of agreement if possible.

This two don't forget about this two. :)

greetings chuckle****s

where's the manager
Post automatically merged:

What are your preferred pronouns? whatever u want them to be bby (she/her but I genuinely do not care)
How many forum mafia games have you played? too many
town
that's a hell of a question. Gun to my head, you or mog, but also we kind of all end up playing together so omegalul
est

You ever want to try to find a read but are entirely unable? Cause that's my current mood

Last edited:
I claim blue

What are your preferred pronouns? any is fine
How many forum mafia games have you played? hm 6 i think
town. when I was mafia I hated not being able to tell town why they were wrong
ace and guava. I played some games with epona and aerious too but ace and guava started with the same game as me
UTC-3

she/her
i have no idea

town PR or third party

probably guava or aerious

GMT baby

greetings chuckle****s

where's the manager

What are your preferred pronouns? whatever u want them to be bby (she/her but I genuinely do not care)
How many forum mafia games have you played? too many
What is your preferred alignment? town
Which player in this game are you most familiar with? that's a hell of a question. Gun to my head, you or mog, but also we kind of all end up playing together so omegalul
What time zones do you live in? est

You ever want to try to find a read but are entirely unable? Cause that's my current mood

kat i didn't realise you were playing!! hype

Back