• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

The New All-Inclusive Gender Poll

What is your gender?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
^this, and the smooth feeling of shaved things gets me uncomfy because in most cases they do it because society tells them to do it rather than for their own sake sadly.

yeah i do remove some hair on my legs/armpits if it gets too long, that's another thing but i'd never shave my ***** 'just cause'.

Did people here actually get upset over a poll that was pretty clearly talking about birth gender and not gender identity?

I mean having something like this is fine too, but geez.
I agree. The way I have always thought about it is you have a sex and a gender. Your sex is strictly male or female, as those are the only two you are birthed with. Gender, however, has all of these options. I viewed the other thread as more of a what sex are you than gender.

- - - Post Merge - - -

To make this relevant, I am a cis Male

No I won't have a debate about body hair here, it was just a comment I made regarding my own situation.

But yeah, my gender is pretty much female/cis regardless. I have fully understanding for people are aren't strictly one way or the other and it's interesting.

I agree. The way I have always thought about it is you have a sex and a gender. Your sex is strictly male or female, as those are the only two you are birthed with. Gender, however, has all of these options. I viewed the other thread as more of a what sex are you than gender.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Sex isn't just male or female though. It's a spectrum and people fall in between those two categories. What about intersex people?

why is your gender even applicable to people using an animal crossing forum

- - - Post Merge - - -

a whopping 31 genders..

hmm... so many to choose from

what happened to the traditional male & female? Is that too mainstream?

Sex isn't just male or female though. It's a spectrum and people fall in between those two categories. What about intersex people?

Yes there are intersex people, but they are an exception. I wouldn't call biological sex a spectrum.

Tbh I'm gonna stick to cis male since all this gender identity stuff is too complex for me

Just identify as the gender you identify as and go on with your life who cares tbh I don't get why people make such a big deal out if it

- - - Post Merge - - -

ehhhhhhhhhhhhh ehhhhhh
nooooooooooo
on a not very talked about level, there are more than two sexes.
i cant find any sources rn, but i saw a documentary about it school.
there's this one kids who was born "male", but had two x chromosomes.
xxy, xxx
and some people are both with both.

i guess people are like toads from mario??

- - - Post Merge - - -

oh yeah and i guess im liek 90% cis female lol
i also misspell "like" 9/10 times

- - - Post Merge - - -

why is your gender even applicable to people using an animal crossing forum
lol yr right. people on animal crossing forums are genderless.
we just kinda float by.
actually, we are all ghosts.
genderless ghosts

- - - Post Merge - - -

No I won't have a debate about body hair here, it was just a comment I made regarding my own situation.

But yeah, my gender is pretty much female/cis regardless. I have fully understanding for people are aren't strictly one way or the other and it's interesting.

9/10 thought you were a cis dude. im so sorry, dear.

Last edited:
I'm cis male I guess.

Love the inclusiveness, but don't see the problem of simply having male / female / other.

I just let people get on with it. It's too tiring keeping up with 31 different genders

I shouldn't have to come into a thread and delete 75% of it's content.

If you disagree with the poll then don't vote or post. There's nothing wrong with asking questions if you don't understand something but when it descends into insults, sarcasm, and people who are completely uninvolved with the discussion just posting random reaction images (spamming) then that is just childish.

I'm going to give you guys another chance to discuss this and re-open the thread. If it derails again I will be handing out infractions and/or bans - especially if it includes the same people again. If I feel like I have to gut the thread to such an extent again then it will be gone (and if I think anyone is out to deliberately try and get it locked I will take action). I don't want to have to put a stop on people from simply discussing what gender they are.

Also, I deliberately chose not to post in this thread. But while I'm already here, in response to the poll -

I'm female. I haven't always identified as female, despite being biologically female. An epiphany three months before my seventeenth birthday made me look at the situation (as well as every other aspect of my life) differently, but I won't get into that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back