The Bell Tree Fair 2022: Closing Ceremony

Status
Not open for further replies.
And whoosh - just like that, the enchanted forest vanished, leaving us all to wonder if it was ever real.

I was definitely confused a second! 😂

Can we all take a moment to imagine what the forum would be like if this was the homepage every day.

Screenshot_20220926-122738_Samsung Internet.jpg

Congratulations to the winners! So many beautiful, and amazing pieces to choose from. I didn't envy the staff for having to choose. It was hard enough to vote for the contests. I am so surprised, and grateful to be a staff favorite❤️
I loved the changes to the unlimited collectables this fair. Thank you TBT staff for all your hard work making such fun events for us to enjoy! We appreciate all you do.

Ahh I'm so happy I was able to be nominated for forest of the lustrous entries 😭
Just also wanted to say a massive thank you to all the staff who put in so much work to make this event as fun as it was, and I do not envy you guys having to choose between so many amazing entries

Last edited:
I was 2 tickets short yesterday of buying one final collectible so I had to dump 13 tickets in to the raffles... I totally forgot I had a staff nomination from the gorgeous glades event. I'm going to guess I'll have to take the L for this one, but if staff wants to help me out and refund my raffle tickets then by all means go for it.

I'll wait until the 30th (or until I get told otherwise) to spend these remaining 6 tickets on the off chance that someone on the staff is willing to rescue me from having to dump even more tickets in to raffles...

Totally get it if this can't be fixed though, it was my own fault after all.

I think my head is finally unscrambled enough to make a post 😅

First, I just need to express how stunning that closing artwork is! Belltree event artwork is always amazing, but when I opened this thread for the first time my jaw dropped!! Just wow!!!! 🤩 I wish I could buy it as a print 😭

Secondly, big congratulations to all the winners!! 🥰 I feel bad for the staff for having to choose- I had a hard enough time just voting in the polls 😵‍💫 Everyone's submissions were so creative and talented and incredible and and and- asdjfkl;sjdlf So happy the gallery is back to showcase everyone's hard work ❤️

I'm still struggling to believe that I managed to get both a staff favourite and place in a contest ;o; Thank you so, so much!!! I will cherish my beautiful Heart of the Forest and Enchanted Bloom i can't stop staring

It's ironic that the event I was dreading the most because I hate writing is the first contest I've ever placed in 💀 I don't know how I even ended up nominated, let alone getting 2nd!! All my fellow nominees' stories were so amazing and a joy to read... it was so weird to see mine next to them ;w; But this is a huge honour! 😭

And, as always, I want to say a humongous thank you to all the staff for putting this all together! Every time there's an event, I struggle with putting my gratitude into words so here's a gnome instead:
IMG_1690.PNG

I think my head is finally unscrambled enough to make a post 😅

First, I just need to express how stunning that closing artwork is! Belltree event artwork is always amazing, but when I opened this thread for the first time my jaw dropped!! Just wow!!!! 🤩 I wish I could buy it as a print 😭

Secondly, big congratulations to all the winners!! 🥰 I feel bad for the staff for having to choose- I had a hard enough time just voting in the polls 😵‍💫 Everyone's submissions were so creative and talented and incredible and and and- asdjfkl;sjdlf So happy the gallery is back to showcase everyone's hard work ❤️

I'm still struggling to believe that I managed to get both a staff favourite and place in a contest ;o; Thank you so, so much!!! I will cherish my beautiful Heart of the Forest and Enchanted Bloom i can't stop staring

It's ironic that the event I was dreading the most because I hate writing is the first contest I've ever placed in 💀 I don't know how I even ended up nominated, let alone getting 2nd!! All my fellow nominees' stories were so amazing and a joy to read... it was so weird to see mine next to them ;w; But this is a huge honour! 😭

And, as always, I want to say a humongous thank you to all the staff for putting this all together! Every time there's an event, I struggle with putting my gratitude into words so here's a gnome instead:
View attachment 461862
That Rebel Gnome as a tattoo would be hilarious yet awesome!

I have also taken some time to digest the events and am having a hard time expressing my gratitude in words.
Thank you so much, dear staff, for running this event and giving meaning to my artistic endeavors in a safe and fulfilling place. TBT is the detox from all the negativity and silence I encounter in social media and daily life (in and out of quarantine).

I am so grateful for everyone else who participates in this forum. It gives me the sense that life is bustling all around me, and every time there's a little red notification on my top bar, I feel excited. Thank you to everyone who ever bothered to look at my posts.
I also love seeing the talent of those around me-- your creativity is inspiring and I confess sometimes it makes me a little envious. I hope to someday reach your level.

I look forward to each event, and can't imagine what insane tasks will come fair time 2024, but I also hope that the staff takes some rest and doesn't feel pressured or anxious coming back here. I am so grateful for you~!

This whole fair has been an absolute joy so thank you so so much to all of the staff - we love you loads!! ♥️💕💜
Also, I second all of the banner art hype - it is stunning! 😍

I feel so honoured to be chosen among all the amazing entries!! I've never won before so this was such a lovely surprise
I particularly loved Whimsical Wardrobe and Where is Gnome so I'm chuffed to bits that I got favourites for them! 😁
Congratulations to all the winners 🎉

PS. I just realised I missed a whole word out of my Where is Gnome entry, yet it still got favourite ♥️🥰🤦‍♀️
Sorry! It's supposed to say "I think we've signed up for the wrong kind of pyramid scheme boys"
I'm curious - did you notice and choose to ignore it or just not notice at all?
If I've just gone and pointed it out to you, please don't revoke your decision haha

You would not believe how well I slept last night, now that all these things are finished. Thanks everyone for participating! I hope it was as much fun for you as it was for me. ^^

every time there's a little red notification on my top bar, I feel excited.
Here's another one! You're welcome. Shout out to you for making me finally figure out how to make gifs in my art program, just so we could (properly) include your signature in this thread. I might use this new knowledge again some time. <3

PS. I just realised I missed a whole word out of my Where is Gnome entry, yet it still got favourite ♥️🥰🤦‍♀️
Sorry! It's supposed to say "I think we've signed up for the wrong kind of pyramid scheme boys"
If I've just gone and pointed it out to you, please don't revoke your decision haha
I missed this three times: while voting, while gathering all the winning entries, and while making the image compilations. I don't think we can reassign our votes at this point, but I will schedule an emergency staff meeting as soon as possible. 😯
I can still easily fix it in this thread if you want, although it's probably funnier to leave it like this!

how i looked when i realized there weren’t any staff favs for witch’s quest
View attachment 461881
In total, there were over 1350 images submitted for Witch's Quest so I'm glad about this. In my humble opinion, it's better this way. :LOL:

... I feel like we all collectively missed that until now 😂
Voting, re-reading the Closing Ceremony and looking at the entries while setting up the museum... At every instance, I never noticed the missing 'the'.

I missed this three times: while voting, while gathering all the winning entries, and while making the image compilations. I don't think we can reassign our votes at this point, but I will schedule an emergency staff meeting as soon as possible. 😯
I can still easily fix it in this thread if you want, although it's probably funnier to leave it like this!

... I feel like we all collectively missed that until now 😂
Voting, re-reading the Closing Ceremony and looking at the entries while setting up the museum... At every instance, I never noticed the missing 'the'.

Aaahhh I should've kept quiet!! Just pretend I never said anything. It's definitely funnier to just leave it now 😂

AHHH FIRST PLACE??? 😭 I’m so happy! One of my pipe dreams was to win first in something on TBT (let alone win any trophy on TBT), and I can‘t believe it happened! My podium set of trophies is now complete! 🥹🫶

Sorry about the next segment, I just wanted to talk about my piece a bit more 🥹

I initially didn't have a solid plan for my piece. All I was working with was Lobo and Ruby, some hurt/comfort along the way, and someone sacrificing their life. Everything else was genuinely impromptu.

Miraculously, things slowly fell into place.

I love the theme of sunrise and sunset. Beyond the view, I liked using those terms to describe the start and end of something. Sunrises became the birth of something new, and a sunsets signified the ending. But the sun never truly goes away; it comes back another day just as bright as ever.

Thus came the inspiration for Lobo and Ruby's characters. Two contrasting strangers willing to let their paths intersect in a happenstance; the birth of a friendship during sunrise and the end of a story during sunset. Like the sun, they came and they went, their trajectories moving forward, but as fated, they would come back to each other one day. Someway, somehow.

As we know of them, their designs represent the moon: Lobo has moon-colored eyes and is a wolf, whole Ruby was inspired by the folklore of the white rabbit on the moon. Thus, the title "Sunkissed Moons" was born.

I loved how contrasting Lobo and Ruby were. A wolf and a rabbit, a wanderer and a townsfolk, one rowdy yet myseterious and another soft-spoken yet beloved. Despite their differences, I wanted to portray how parallel they were, how they were both sheltered, how they have the same dream of seeing the world, and how willing they were to sacrifice themselves for others.

I wanted to emphasize these similarities and differences. I really like callbacks in stories, like you're in the middle of a story and you realize it parallels very well to an earlier scene. The biggest example was Lobo and Ruby's first confrontation (during a daybreak/sunrise) vs. their confrontation at the end (nightfall/sunset). I had a lot of callbacks in my story where I just reused the lines; it was my favorite thing to write.

One callback I regret not writing was when Bea asked Ruby, "Do you have to go?" and Ruby says, "Someone has to do it." It would have been perfect to have Ruby ask Lobo the same thing during their confrontation, and damn I think that would've added much more impact to the story. Oh well.

Overall, thank you so much for reading my story, regardless if you voted for it or not! I've honestly never written anything this seriously for TBT, so I'm grateful for the chance and this whole opportunity. I was nervous since there were a lot of great entries from the get-go, and even in nominations I feel all the entries each had their own charm. 💖

Congrats to the other podium winners for the contests and the staff favorites for the events! I'm happy staff expanded the winner pool, they've got a great selection of favorites and I'm excited to see all the bloom collectibles around the site. Really thrilled to see people excited for their wins, every favorite was well-deserved! 👏 Lastly, thank you so much staff for this absolutely gigantic fair, there were so many things to do and I had fun with all of them. Rest well, staff!

See you all in the next event! (looking at you, halloween 🎃)

Does this mean our post-Fair vacation is being postponed?? I already arranged for someone to feed the virtual goldfish and bought enough Aloha shirts to not need to do laundry for the next three weeks.
Nah it's fine, we'll discuss it on the beach. 😎🍸 Rescheduling the tbt private jet would be far too much of a hassle

Actually I think u guys missed nominating me for everything 🤓 /j

All jokes aside, everyone did amazingly! This was one of my favorite events yet, and I wish I could've done more (like with every event tbh). Every entry was stunning and I love, as always, seeing the post-fair gallery! Staff did amazing with the graphics, contests, riddles, mirrors, and just about everything about this event!! Not to sound like a broken record, but TBT staff blows me away with every new event.

Good luck to everyone on the raffles!!

This was such an amazing fair. Incredible job TBT team ❤️ Thank you everyone that voted for my grimoire entry! I definitely put a lot of time and effort into it, and had a lot of fun. Congratulations to all the winners & favorites!! So much creativity and talent in this community ☺️

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back