• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • Join us for live Nintendo Trivia today at 6PM EDT in Discord as part of TBT's World Championship 2024 to win points for your team! if justin is awake

The Bell Tree Fair 2022: Closing Ceremony

Status
Not open for further replies.
AHHH FIRST PLACE??? 😭 I’m so happy! One of my pipe dreams was to win first in something on TBT (let alone win any trophy on TBT), and I can‘t believe it happened! My podium set of trophies is now complete! 🥹🫶

Sorry about the next segment, I just wanted to talk about my piece a bit more 🥹

I initially didn't have a solid plan for my piece. All I was working with was Lobo and Ruby, some hurt/comfort along the way, and someone sacrificing their life. Everything else was genuinely impromptu.

Miraculously, things slowly fell into place.

I love the theme of sunrise and sunset. Beyond the view, I liked using those terms to describe the start and end of something. Sunrises became the birth of something new, and a sunsets signified the ending. But the sun never truly goes away; it comes back another day just as bright as ever.

Thus came the inspiration for Lobo and Ruby's characters. Two contrasting strangers willing to let their paths intersect in a happenstance; the birth of a friendship during sunrise and the end of a story during sunset. Like the sun, they came and they went, their trajectories moving forward, but as fated, they would come back to each other one day. Someway, somehow.

As we know of them, their designs represent the moon: Lobo has moon-colored eyes and is a wolf, whole Ruby was inspired by the folklore of the white rabbit on the moon. Thus, the title "Sunkissed Moons" was born.

I loved how contrasting Lobo and Ruby were. A wolf and a rabbit, a wanderer and a townsfolk, one rowdy yet myseterious and another soft-spoken yet beloved. Despite their differences, I wanted to portray how parallel they were, how they were both sheltered, how they have the same dream of seeing the world, and how willing they were to sacrifice themselves for others.

I wanted to emphasize these similarities and differences. I really like callbacks in stories, like you're in the middle of a story and you realize it parallels very well to an earlier scene. The biggest example was Lobo and Ruby's first confrontation (during a daybreak/sunrise) vs. their confrontation at the end (nightfall/sunset). I had a lot of callbacks in my story where I just reused the lines; it was my favorite thing to write.

One callback I regret not writing was when Bea asked Ruby, "Do you have to go?" and Ruby says, "Someone has to do it." It would have been perfect to have Ruby ask Lobo the same thing during their confrontation, and damn I think that would've added much more impact to the story. Oh well.

Overall, thank you so much for reading my story, regardless if you voted for it or not! I've honestly never written anything this seriously for TBT, so I'm grateful for the chance and this whole opportunity. I was nervous since there were a lot of great entries from the get-go, and even in nominations I feel all the entries each had their own charm. 💖

Congrats to the other podium winners for the contests and the staff favorites for the events! I'm happy staff expanded the winner pool, they've got a great selection of favorites and I'm excited to see all the bloom collectibles around the site. Really thrilled to see people excited for their wins, every favorite was well-deserved! 👏 Lastly, thank you so much staff for this absolutely gigantic fair, there were so many things to do and I had fun with all of them. Rest well, staff!

See you all in the next event! (looking at you, halloween 🎃)
A very well-deserved first place! Congrats!

Reading your story, I picked up on all the symbolism you described. I'm a sucker for symbolism. And I particularly loved the callbacks too. They made everything that much more bittersweet. It was a truly moving story!

Well now that I'm all caught up haha! can I just say that banner is too beautiful for words?? Seriously!! 🤩🤩🤩

This was one crazy, time-consuming, fun and amazing fair! And as hard as it was for some of us (if not most of us heeheehee) to wait for results, no doubt it was even more difficult for you, the staff, to go through so many entries, how do you guys do it?? Thank you for preparing and hosting all these events for us to abandon our everyday lives for a while to partake and indulge in some online excitement, year after year!

Congrats to all the contest winners and everyone who was awarded a lovely Enchanted Bloom!! 🦋✨

Congratulations to all the winners!!

Thank you so much to all the Staff & Jeremy for such an amazing Fair! Thank you all for everything you do!

Now... on to HALLOWEEN!! (My most favorite holiday!)

Dang! I wish I had a spare ticket or two for the Raffles!

I saw my mushwoof up there and YELLED... so friggin happy that y'all like it as much as I do. BIG congrats to the all the other fantastic entries as well!! This was my first TBT event and I'm super glad I joined the forums in time to participate. Thank you staff for the amazing experience!!

I'm glad that people enjoyed the Grocery Goblin concept. Thank you for the Staff Favorite nomination and Enchanted Bloom, and congratulations to everyone else who earned a Staff Favorite nomination and/or won the popular votes for the contests as well!

The Bell Tree Fair of 2022 was a fun ride. As with all of these forum events, thank you to the Staff for all of the time and effort that went into making it all possible.

Looking forward to the Halloween festivities!

Congrats to everybody who either won a staff favorite or placed in a contest! Well done! Enjoy your rewards!

Thanks to the staff for running the Fair! Even though it seemed like there was a bunch of real life things that popped up and got in the way this year for several of you, you were still committed to putting in the time and effort to making sure the Fair ran smoothly for our own enjoyment. It's definitely appreciated! Hopefully you're able to take a break and rest now before the Halloween event!

Congratulations to all the winners, and thank you staff for the amazing Fair! ❤️ I had a wonderful time overall, and like with the previous Fair in 2020, I enjoyed the coloring events the most. :D

Thanks for such a great fair! Just wanted to pop by and say I had a great time - all the staff's hard work really showed and it was amazing to see the enthusiasm and talent of this community!

Congratulations to the winners, thank you staff for another event, especially a FAIR. We know that you put in an insane amount of time and effort in these!! 🤯

I still have my fair 2020 stickers and postcard on my pinwall and the 2022 ones will go there as well! (Even though the pinwall is more than full at this point.)

The collectibles and tickets have now been distributed to the winners! If you're expecting something, you should have received an alert for the tickets, but the collectibles will simply appear in your inventory. If you believe what you received may be incorrect or if you have any questions about it, please make a thread in Contact the Staff.

Also, if you want your new collectibles to be placed at a certain location in relation to your other TBT Fair collectibles, Oblivia will move them for you.
  • Only the collectibles that were just distributed will be moved: Enchanted Bloom, Heart of the Forest, the three trophies.
  • We will only do this once, so make sure you don't make a mistake or change your mind.
  • They can only be moved to a date between August 7th and October 2nd 2022.
  • Please post a thread in the Contact the Staff board with the specific date and time (EDT timezone) to be used for each collectible you want to move. Also please ping @Oblivia in the thread.
Congratulations to the winners, and thanks to everyone who participated in our 2022 TBT Fair!
Just quoting this post, which is now buried, in case any collectible winners missed it.

The first batch of prize packs shipped today! This includes any prize packs shipping outside of the US (since they take longer). Sticker-only packs and US prize packs will be shipped soon. If you're receiving a prize pack and extra stickers from a sticker pack, they'll be mailed together.

Recipients of the prize pack may share its contents in this thread with all of you soon, but in the meantime, here's an early teaser of this Fair's finished stickers! As you can see, we're trying something new this time with the Ione and Cave design: holographic stickers. They don't look as dark as they do in this picture, though they might be slightly less readable, yet much shinier, than the normal ones.

stickers-preview.png

Those stickers look amazing! The holographic is so pretty. Complete regret for not buying a prize or sticker pack! Can't wait to see some of you share pictures of your prize packs! 🎉💖

Last edited:
CBA7CCD1-734A-4A36-A4FB-B3C387D33794.jpeg

didn’t have the best day today, and this has honestly made my night. 🥹 i have no words for how excited i am... my very first prize pack is on its way!!!!! 😭🥳 have no idea what to expect other than the letter and this year’s stunning stickers (the holographic one... omg), so the anticipation has me like !!!!!!!!!!

i can’t wait for it to arrive!

I have been waiting for the right words to pop up in my brain to express my gratitude for the hard work everyone has put into this event, but I’m struggling to find them ;-; so here’s my very clumsy message:

I feel honoured to have been chosen as one of the staff favourites twice, it means incredibly much to me and was always a goal I worked towards 🙏🏼 Thank you for everything you do for us!

View attachment 462564

didn’t have the best day today, and this has honestly made my night. 🥹 i have no words for how excited i am... my very first prize pack is on its way!!!!! 😭🥳 have no idea what to expect other than the letter and this year’s stunning stickers (the holographic one... omg), so the anticipation has me like !!!!!!!!!!

i can’t wait for it to arrive!
They're so supposed to say shipped??? Oh no 😭 lol

SmartSelect_20220930_162126_Samsung Internet.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back