• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Auction The 48 Hour Auction Part 2: Complete Brewster Set

Status
Not open for further replies.

serena186

Bells
Winter Mittens
Feedback
100% (240) +
The 48 Hour Auction Part 2: Brewster Set
CURRENT AUCTION: Brewster Set (#1)

#2 - Tony&Fantasia Locker.jpg
Jimmy Says: Fantasia says I don?t have a chance with Brewster in town, but I disagree. Ah, I can see it now. I'll call it Starlit Cafe!

Includes:​
coffee maker, espresso maker, siphon, coffee cup, milk and sugar, coffee mill, caf? uniform, and all 4 Brewster styled gyroids. BONUS ITEM: very good coffee beans!

RULES: PLEASE READ
1. This auction is 48 hours, ending on Sunday at 5:35 PM CST.
2. Starting bid is: 1 mill IGB. There are no increments/buyouts. Highest bid wins.
3. Bids are to be on this thread only. PM/VM bids will be considered null/void.
4. Bids on ?Upcoming Auctions? will be null and void. They are posted as FYI only.
5. Winner has 3 days to claim prize, or it will be offered to the second highest bidder.
6. Picture is for visuals only. You win what?s in the ?Includes:? section.

UPCOMING AUCTIONS ? DO NOT BID:
- Complete (Pascal) Pirate Set (4/22/16)
- Complete Princess Series (4/29/16)
- Lost Items Collection (5/6/16)
- Complete Sci-fi Set w/ extras! (5/13/16)
- Complete Card Series w/ extras! 5/20/16)
- Complete Brewster set #2 (5/27/16)
- Complete Mushroom Set w/ extras! (6/3/16)
- Cardboard Set (6/10/16)
- Complete customized Pink Rococo Furniture Series (6/17/16)
- Complete Campus Set (6/24/16)
- Complete Fish Set w/ extras! (7/1/16)
- ??? (7/8/16)

Transferring large sums of bells can be time consuming. It requires multiple runs to an ABD either in a house, or a person's post office. If you choose the drop method, you need a lot of space to drop bells. This can pose challenging to those with heavily designed, or cluttered towns. If you use Re-Tail, then you have to deal with repetitive chatter from Reese, as well as a wait time to access your new funds. Whichever method you choose, both are not very efficient. So what can be done to streamline the process a bit better? I may have a solution:

There is a Bell Tree user named Red Cat that offers a bell transferring service for large amounts at, or above 10 mill. You can check out his service thread here for more details: http://www.belltreeforums.com/showthread.php?284183-Fast-Bell-Transferring-Service.

A brief summary of how the service works: the trader and tradee utilize a system in Red Cat's town that includes two close proximity houses with ABDs, and a bell drop station that allows the person to drop 16 bags per ABD run. As the bags are being dropped, the trader is able to quickly pick up those bags and transfer the payment to the second ABD, making funds available instantly.

I have contacted Red Cat regarding his service, and he has agreed to help as long as the three parties involved (me, the winner, and himself) can figure out a time period of availability. A rough report of his availability is: afternoons and evenings. Things to note: Red Cat has a 100% Wi-fi rating, and we share the same time (though our time zones are different: his is CDT; mine CST).

I realize some of you may prefer doing the Re-Tail/Drop method over working with a third party, and that's fine. I also realize that time zone differences could make this option unavailable for some of you. Using this service is not a requirement, but rather an option to enable faster, and more efficient trades. There is also no charge.

I will be presenting this option to each trader with a winning bid of at least 10 million in my PM to the winner. I will also try to include information on how many drops there will be to boost trading efficiency and avoid confusion.

Example: Winning bid is 10 mill. 16 bags of 99k equals 1,584,000 bells. For a sum of 10 mill using this method, it will take 7 ABD runs; 6 full runs (of 16 bags of 99k) plus 496,000 (5 bags of 99k, and 1 bag of 1k) That's 1,584,000 * 6 + 496,000 = 10 mill.

As stated earlier, this is only an option and it may not work for you, but please do consider it for these auctions, as well as your own future large trades. Feel free to contact me (re: auctions) or Red Cat (re: transfer services) for more information. Thanks for reading and best of luck to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back