• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town

mocha.

semi-hiatus
Bells
Blue Balloon
Flower Glow Wand
Blue Crescent Moon
Green Crescent Moon
Enchanted Butterfly Glow Wand
Glowing Butterfly Spirit
Lily of the Valley
Blue Moon Jellyfish
Green Moon Jellyfish
Blue Star Fragment
Any Harvest Moon fans out there?!

I just watched this trailer today and I'm so excited they're bringing the series to the Switch! c:

I used to be obsessed with the DS games back in the day and as much as I enjoyed Stardew Valley it never echoed the same nostalgia that HM does for me. (also the graphics really remind me of Maplestory 2 if any of you have played that haha)

Will you be purchasing when it releases? (10th July 2020 in Europe and Australia)

Awesome!! ever since I saw the japanese trailer for this I’ve been googling it every once in awhile to see if they ever announced the release date for the rest of the world lol stoked to finally have one B) This was a very addicting game on GBA and I would have bought the switch version even if it was the most bare bones remake possible, but it looks like they have added a lot of new things!

Harvest Moon just hasn't been good since the gamecube games imo. It looks kind of cute I guess?

that looks really cute! i might buy it when it comes out aha

Friends of mineral town was one of my favourite games on the GBA, but the graphics just dont look appealing to me.
Hopefully they will start releasing GBA games to switch online.

Yeah saw that they've finally given us the release date hoooray! Can't wait to remarry my favourite bachelor Gray, even if he doesn't look as hot as he used to without the cap ):

I completely agree with you regarding the graphics for this upcoming game as they could be a looooooooooooot better, but, and this is my personal opinion, I am like "Omg... I neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed this game so bad. It was a part of my childhood."

Since they announced it in JP I've been planning to get this day one, but now that it's been announced I may have to pass for awhile. I have too many games I need to play right now haha.

I'm definitely going to get it at some point though! I agree about the graphics, but I can overlook them for the content they've added.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Yeah saw that they've finally given us the release date hoooray! Can't wait to remarry my favourite bachelor Gray, even if he doesn't look as hot as he used to without the cap ):

Gray was my main man as a kid. My plan is to romance one of the girls, but I can see myself just ignoring them for Gray lol.

I loved Story of Seasons 3DS game, so I’ll definitely be getting this. It really does look like MS2 haha

Gray was my main man as a kid. My plan is to romance one of the girls, but I can see myself just ignoring them for Gray lol.

omg that reminds me we can marry whoever we want now can't we? ok maybe I'll rethink this and marry one of the girls instead. Ann, wait for me <3

This is fantastic!! I LOVED Harvest Moon DS! I believe it was a port of this game?

I won't be getting it though as I don't have time anymore to play a long game like this but I'm happy they're remaking it!

Tempted to get this if the price is right but I feel I'll be too attached to ACNH to put enough commitment in to make it worthwhile

I love the harvest moon/story of seasons franchise! So many good good memories. HM64 will always be my favorite! Popuri & Karen were always my fav bachorlettes! Gray & Cliff were my fav bachelors! I did not preorder friends of mineral town, but somewhere in the future I probably will end up picking it up.

I have been thinking of buying it, I just hope that it is as good as the original.

I have been thinking of buying it, I just hope that it is as good as the original.

From what I’ve heard from veterans who got their hands on the game early is that they love it just as much as the original. They also really like a lot of quality of life improvements that have been implemented.

Only real negative thing I’ve heard is that there are no more rival marriages. There are still a couple events but they never actually get married which is a bummer as I really liked that feature.

Some people hate on the cutesy art style, but that is just a preference thing really. I do like other styles better but I think it’s ok. At least it’s cute.

It feels like playing the same game, just prettier.

The only thing that bothers me about this remake is they have changed some character names. Eg Ann is Ran, Mary is Marie, Elli is Elly. They are not big changes but even after a couple of days of play it is still something that momentarily breaks the emersion for me.

The only thing that bothers me about this remake is they have changed some character names. Eg Ann is Ran, Mary is Marie, Elli is Elly. They are not big changes but even after a couple of days of play it is still something that momentarily breaks the emersion for me.

I can totally understand this. Though the reason for the name changes were cause Xseed wanted to give them their names that they have in Japanese. It wouldn’t have been as big of a deal if Natsume had just used their true names in the original GBA game’s localization.

Oh well each localization company does things a bit differently. What can you do?

With the amount of bootlegs of the original on eBay, it’s nice to see Friend of Mineral Town being remade. The new character portraits are also a massive upgrade! I plan to pick it up after I save up some money.

Back