• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

My Time at Portia vs SOS Friends of Mineral Town - which one should I get??

sleepydreepy

legendary egg
Bells
Switch
1638-3529-0786
Ghostly Preserves
Ghostly Preserves
Ghostly Preserves
Ghostly Preserves
Ghostly Preserves
Red Star Fragment
Yellow Star Fragment
Green Star Fragment
Blue Star Fragment
Purple Star Fragment
I'm trying to expand my gaming library from games other than Pokemon & AC and want to try one of these farming sims. I know Stardew Valley is suppose to be superior to both, but I just can't get into the pixel art style personally, and after some research found these two to be the most similar to Stardew.

Has anyone played either of these and can let me know what they think? Or is there another game you'd recommend?

Right now I'm leaning towards My Time at Portia since I read it has a wider array of features (farming + battling).

If you want to suggest a game other than these two- I'm looking for something like AC where I can design a large space (whether that be a farm, base, town layout, etc.) with a captivating story or general theme (I need some sort of motivation to play the game). Romance features would be preferred as well but they must be LGBTQ+ friendly. Lastly as stated before I am not into the pixel art style.

Thanks!

I haven’t played SOS and I briefly played the demo of My time at Portia, but didn't like it. I kept getting lost on the map and had a hard time finding the resources I needed for the first quest. Then the game crashed and I gave up on it. You could download the demo for free on steam and see what you think of it before buying like I did.

Have you looked into Littlewood? It’s also similar to stardew valley, but I don’t know if you would like the art style.
You get to design the entire town and it has an interesting story. It has some farming, and you have to collect resources to build your town. You can also date most of the characters.

I'm trying to expand my gaming library from games other than Pokemon & AC and want to try one of these farming sims. I know Stardew Valley is suppose to be superior to both, but I just can't get into the pixel art style personally, and after some research found these two to be the most similar to Stardew.

Has anyone played either of these and can let me know what they think? Or is there another game you'd recommend?

Right now I'm leaning towards My Time at Portia since I read it has a wider array of features (farming + battling).

If you want to suggest a game other than these two- I'm looking for something like AC where I can design a large space (whether that be a farm, base, town layout, etc.) with a captivating story or general theme (I need some sort of motivation to play the game). Romance features would be preferred as well but they must be LGBTQ+ friendly. Lastly as stated before I am not into the pixel art style.

Thanks!

How about rune factory? I recently bought rune factory 5 and its a blast, its quite like harvest moon (same publisher) except you have fantasy elements to it. Quite good if you feel like just spending a few hours doing your thing. The stardew valley graphics arent GREAT but they are negligible in the face of the gameplay, it's a super solid game and worth trying out if you have the cash.

Back