Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town

I just bought this game and it's downloading now! I am super excited. I played all the other Story of seasons games so hopefully this one is just as good.

One of my favorite GBA games! Already told my friends I'd be MIA from co-op games for awhile.

Releases today in NA and I preordered a digital copy off of Amazon as all my go-to local stores were sold out previously. It hasn't shipped yet and has an ETA of July 15-16. Almost tempted to cancel and buy digital. 😭

One of my favorite GBA games! Already told my friends I'd be MIA from co-op games for awhile.

Releases today in NA and I preordered a digital copy off of Amazon as all my go-to local stores were sold out previously. It hasn't shipped yet and has an ETA of July 15-16. Almost tempted to cancel and buy digital. 😭

😯

Didn't your copy have a cute preorder bonus?

Last edited:
I really want to play this game as I was a fan of the original but the art style is turning me off 😓 I might hold out to see what people think and see if it ever goes on sale (around 43 GBP is a bit expensive imo)

I love Harvest Moon!! It’s one of the games I really enjoyed as a kid so I’m definitely going to get it. I’m still torn whether to purchase a digital or physical copy though since local shops here are offering a free pink cow plushie with a physical copy until supplies last. Anyway, hoping to buy the game before the week ends and if the freebie is still available I’m going to buy in store. If not I’ll get it at the nintendo eshop.

I really want to play this game as I was a fan of the original but the art style is turning me off 😓 I might hold out to see what people think and see if it ever goes on sale (around 43 GBP is a bit expensive imo)
this!! I adore this series but they've been making the art more and more chibi and child-like so it ends up feeling quite weird when you pick someone to marry :<
the game that had the best character portraits imo was the first story of seasons that they released back in 2014! raeger was a favorite

that said, I still got the game 💀 I'm desperate for any new sos titles so this will have to suffice for now

I played "back to nature" back in the day. it was a PS1 game. that later got some kind of re-release on GBA as "friends of mineral town" with new features. I didn't play that.
I am excited to play the remaster as back to nature is my gold standard for what that kind of game have to be. That said, this game mechanics predate stardew valley. having played that I wonder what effect that will have on my enjoyment of a game series that has evolved since then.

I played "back to nature" back in the day. it was a PS1 game. that later got some kind of re-release on GBA as "friends of mineral town" with new features. I didn't play that.
I am excited to play the remaster as back to nature is my gold standard for what that kind of game have to be. That said, this game mechanics predate stardew valley. having played that I wonder what effect that will have on my enjoyment of a game series that has evolved since then.

Yeah the mechanics are a bit older in this game, but as a remake they’ve definitely streamlined/improved a lot of them as well as added some new ones. I’ve been really enjoying the game so far!

I'm considering getting this game! It looks pretty cute and I enjoyed Stardew Valley. But I'm not sure what to expect. Is it a neverending game? Is it a game where I'd probably expect to keep going back to it for years, like Animal Crossing is? I know you create a farm but how customizable is everything in the game? I'm not looking for too much of a simple game but for something with a lot of content and a large space to customize and decorate. I don't want to be able to finish everything in just a few weeks. I've never played a game in the series so I have no idea how similar it is to Stardew Valley. If someone could please help me make a decision, and give me information about this game, it would really help! Thank you!

Hey there!

I just got the game! I've always wanted to try this one and I ordered it online. I also, looove Stardew Valley! it's so fun and addicting. The only difference is the fighting I suppose and major good changes ;) my reference is from (https://fogu.com/sos3/index.html). I hope it works! Good luck!

I just ordered a copy of it today through Amazon, and should be here by Saturday.

Which is awesome, because I've been pretty burned out on Stardew and Animal Crossing has been...overwhelming, if I'm being honest. So I need a new farming sim to play.

I'm considering getting this game! It looks pretty cute and I enjoyed Stardew Valley. But I'm not sure what to expect. Is it a neverending game? Is it a game where I'd probably expect to keep going back to it for years, like Animal Crossing is? I know you create a farm but how customizable is everything in the game? I'm not looking for too much of a simple game but for something with a lot of content and a large space to customize and decorate. I don't want to be able to finish everything in just a few weeks. I've never played a game in the series so I have no idea how similar it is to Stardew Valley. If someone could please help me make a decision, and give me information about this game, it would really help! Thank you!
This is a remake of a GBA game from 2003. It’s really fun but also simple and lacks a lot of the customization that you are asking for. You can choose from 4 starting characters 2 male and 2 female but you can’t change either hair eyes etc only skin tone. There are a few clothing options but it’s mostly classic farmer overalls and modern looking hoodies in different colours. Plus a couple silly outfits like a reindeer costume. There are house upgrades but other than placing some small objects on tables you can’t fully customize where furniture goes like in Stardew Valley. It is endless though you can easily go into year 50+ if you are dedicated in completing all the shipping lists, achievements etc. “Secret“ special marriage candidates can also add a lot more gameplay to the game for you as some require a lot of work before they will marry you unlike the normal candidates. This is also the first game in the series (in the localization) that is like Stardew Valley in the fact that same sex dating/marriage is a thing.

Stardew Valley was actually inspired by Harvest Moon 1996-2013 (now Story of Seasons 2014-present). So if you like that game you will like this series.

If you don’t mind having limited customization but loved Stardew Valley I’d definitely give it a shot. If you really want a lot of customization then I’d look to one of the more recent 3DS titles. Those have way more. Including many different outfits you can make and hairstyles/colours, eye colours, etc. You can also customize where you place stuff on your farm. Story of Season Trio of Towns is worth looking at in this case. Or if you want even more customization and don’t mind going a bit older try Harvest Moon a New Beginning. In that one as well as your character and farm you can even customize the entire town by building shops and homes and decorations/roads wherever you want. Keep in mind that same sex dating/marriage doesn’t exist in the older titles.

Hopefully this helped.

Last edited:
As someone who played the original a ton, the remake has done it justice quite well! I'd highly recommend this to anyone who loves AC and Stardew Valley. I think the updates they've done with some of the mechanics are much more comfortable, but overall since it is a remake, a few things will feel a little outdated. Still, I think they did a good job updating it but keeping the integrity of the original!

I'm also not a huge fan of the art style, a lot of the new dialogue portraits look very child-like to me and it makes me uncomfortable with even considering them as a spouse (Cliff especially, he was always my favorite as a kid and he just has such a baby face in this one >_< ). But I can't complain too much. IMO the HM:A Wonderful Life art style can't be beaten for this series, but I guess it would use up a lot of resources so it wouldn't be efficient for a switch game? Idk.

I would absolutely KILL for a remake of A Wonderful Life and Animal Parade! I'd love Magical Melody remade too, but I hope they would change the art style for it, lol. I'm not a fan of the uber-chibi look..

So excited about this game. I got my strawberry plush cow- my boyfriend & I named her Smoothie.
I agree that everyone has babyface syndrome... they had that issue REALLY bad in Sunshine Islands/IoH & I thought that they fixed it with the newer titles- there were almost no babyfaces in Trio of Towns but going back to update old HM titles I guess they figured they should be faithful to older art direction choices?
Anyway, I'm glad to see some of the older mechanics making a return. Spelunking the mines is actually fun again.
I feel bad for my villagers, because I'm positive that I'm going to be spending all of my game time in the near future playing FoMT.

Excluding past Harvest Moon titles, I only played the first Story of Seasons game. Since this is apparently a remake of an older Harvest Moon title, I'm assuming a lot of the customization options from the first Story of Seasons game are lost? Are you able to decorate the town or your farm at all? I really liked those new features so it would be sad to see them go.

Back