• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

songs you like from musicians/bands you strongly dislike?

xSuperMario64x

Canadian at heart 💜🇨🇦
Bells
Switch
8558-0128-9692
Island
He/him
Purple Hybrid Rose
Bluebird of Happiness Plush
Blue Hybrid Rose
Mod Note: Please make sure posts in this thread meet our Post Quality rules. Video-only posts will be removed and warned.

so I really do not like Twenty One Pilots at all, but there are two songs of theirs that I actually do like:
(this one is funny bc I literally cannot stand any other song on thr album but this particular one is okay)
(this one's also kinda funny bc their hometown is Columbus OH)

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting idea for a thread. I wouldn’t say there’s any songs I like from artists or bands I dislike, but there are bands in which I only like one or two of their songs. I don’t think I necessarily hate any band or artist.

For example, I like this song by The Nixons. It seems to be their most popular song, which makes sense, but I just don’t vibe with the rest of their music.

I’m with Croconaw. I don’t really feel like OP but that there are bands where I just like a couple of songs.

To be honest I’ve never been able to get into Queen so the few songs of theirs I still like are Killer Queen, Bites The Dust and Bohemian Rhapsody. It’s just coincidence those are the songs JoJo drew from, there’s something more in those songs drawing them to me and KQ+BTD aren’t that overplayed. I probably enjoy more but yeah no I can’t remember them. Like I actually enjoyed We Are The Champions for ages but now it’s set in how annoyed I am by it being played over and over.

I love doja cat but I am not a fan of Woman, which sucks because every other song on that album is stellar.

I also don't like Poker Face from Lady Gaga, never really cared for it as a child and I still don't like it. One of her weaker tracks imo, but had a great music video.

as a hardcore billie eilish stan, i am not a fan of “i love you.” it’s a fan favorite but for whatever reason i’ve never liked it that much.

The only example I can think of is "Here Without You" by 3 Doors Down. Incidentally, back in the mid 2000s 3 Doors Down was my favorite band. But when they proudly played for Trump's inauguration (or a tour or something, I forget) I officially dropped them. I mean, I knew they probably leaned right wing but didn't pay much attention, but when you play in support of a fascist you can buzz off (to put it nicely).

A shame, Here Without You is such a nice song. A fine of example of modern Soft Rock with very pretty usage of strings in the texture. My favorite song back when it was released.

Probably "Oh!" by SNSD/Girls' Generation. I'm not really a big fan of them nor K-Pop generally but I have to admit it's damn catchy.

Back