• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Smoking

Do you approve of smoking, and is it something you do?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t technically smoke, though I have in the past casually, but I do vape with an e cig :) Cause it’s so rare I do actually have a cigarette, I always get a bad nicotine rush where it feels like I’m buzzing and then get a really bad headache afterwards :’D

I smoke and I hate it, but addiction is soo hard to get over. I don't think its right to insult people over it, which I see all the time. I do agree that people who smoke need to respect that people don't wanna be around.
I'm just gonna say this

-Stop walking up to people smoking, and telling them its bad (we know)
-Don't torment people who do (meaning taking their cigs and throwing them out or cutting them) thats their money. I get you hate it, but they paid a lot for those and that ain't right
-Most people who smoke hate smoking, but they're addicted. They don't need you hear you tell them that you hate it
-Its okay to try and help your friends quit, but ridiculing will just make them not only mad at you, but probs wanna do it more

That's my say. Its okay if you don't like them, and its okay to tell people you don't feel comfortable around it. Don't make it an excuse to be a mean person though.

I used to smoke when I was a teen, and even when I did smoke I wasn't crazy about it. I just thought it looked cool and felt cool. Lame, I know. Now I cannot stand the smell of cigarettes. Someone could be smoking in an outdoor space sixty feet away from me and I can still get a whiff of it and it bothers me. So yeah, I feel really strongly about them. I also hate that they harm the people who use them, and are a legal, addictive substance that takes money from lower income people (more smokers are lower income) and fills the pockets of the rich tobacco companies. Nothing good about them, really.

i've smoked a cigarette twice in my life. i'm basically a never-smoker (of tobacco).
but i don't judge people who smoke. like Jessi said, it's an addiction. it's near impossible to quit. no one wants to be badgered over the choices they've made in life- good or bad & regardless of how they feel personally about them.
a little tmi: there was a time i thought guys who smoked were sexy but i feel bad for thinking that now lolol

i've smoked a cigarette twice in my life. i'm basically a never-smoker (of tobacco).
but i don't judge people who smoke. like Jessi said, it's an addiction. it's near impossible to quit. no one wants to be badgered over the choices they've made in life- good or bad & regardless of how they feel personally about them.
a little tmi: there was a time i thought guys who smoked were sexy but i feel bad for thinking that now lolol
it is sorta sexy-looking ig lmao
but after ages of smoking you won't look too hot :/

buutttt yeah, I agree, it's a horrible addiction, and you should help people with addictions rather than be rude about it ;-; like offer some advice about addict-curbing drugs (there is indeed such thing)

i've never smoked and have no plans to, mainly because i have rather weak lungs (i go into a coughing fit if i'm around smoke for more than a few seconds) and dislike the smell.

i dont have anything against people who smoke tbh, so long as they do it in areas where it is allowed and dispose of the cigarette butts properly (littering ain't cool kids)

Last edited:
A bit between the 2nd and 3rd option I guess. I do wanna encourage people to not do it but not going to hate on anyone since it's their choice. Not like I'm making healthy life choices myself anyway

100% a waste of time and money.
yes, it is, but most people are pressured to do it by their friends or because they think it looks cool, and then they get severely addicted because nicotine is, in fact, a severely addictive chemical, and they struggle to get un-addicted, though they know that it is, in fact, a waste of money and life, and they should stop, but they can't, and they get ridiculed, and it's really not a very happy time in people's lives,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I’m very against cigarettes. I don’t smoke and I would never do it. I will say it right now; there should not be age restrictions on alcohol or tobacco products. Hear me out. I feel that more young people are inclined to start because of the age restriction. If someone isn’t allowed to do something, they will be more likely to do that thing. I think that less people would be smoking or drinking in general if there weren’t restrictions on who can do it.

I realize some people do these as coping mechanisms, but there are different and much healthier ways to to cope. I do agree that they are a waste of money. I know some people who go through two packs a day. I’d hate to call it a waste of money though, if some people are using cigarettes as a way to cope. We all need ways to be happy, and this is it for some people. It’s unfortunate that they’re using such an unhealthy method, but it’s helping them in the moment, and that’s good for them. We can’t control what other people do with their time and money.

I mean... I'm not really a fan of it at all but do what you want as long as it doesn't effect others (if you smoke while pregnant then thats an issue for instance)

It would also really bother me if I lived with someone who smoked but other than that, as long as you know what you are doing is bad for you then its your body I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back