• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Showering

I used to shower once a day for work, but now it's more like every other day. I stay home with a 1 year old, so I don't usually get time to clean up until after he's asleep. Means my showers are usually late at night, right before bed, but that is not my preferred time. I hate having wet hair in bed and I can't use a hair dryer at night without waking the baby. I like taking showers in the evenings. Before, I would get home from work, eat dinner, take a shower, and relax for a few hours before bed.

Morning showers are the worst though. I prefer being clean before I get in the bed. I always felt like I was getting the bed dirty and that I was lying in a pool of germs if I didn't wash after being out and about all day. Plus, I can never wake up in the shower. I hear some people say they take showers in the morning because it helps wake them up, but I just about steam myself back to sleep. I'll stand there vegging out for half an hour and not scrubbing a thing, then end up running late. If I could fall asleep standing up, I'd be in serious trouble.

I shower at least once a day, always at the end of the day! I like keeping my bedsheets clean from my daily filth. It always feels great tucking my freshly washed and moisturized legs into my covers.

I shower once every other day or at least try to lole, chronic sleepyhead disability is a real pain sometimes. I like to shower middayish time-evening, early morning n late at night are the Worst ever

everyone here really likes water, huh? 🤭🫧

i'm a every other day person bc its rly not necessary more than that and honestly sometimes even that is like. what did i do. answer emails on a computer for 8 hours and then take a very light walk? okay... if you aren't moving around much and you feel clean then, its all good to have more time in between!

If I had more time, I'd take a bath or shower at the end of each day, but some things have to be sacrificed when life gets busy and there are only so many hours of freetime. I'm not a fan of showering because it takes up so much of that time (for me, I am not a quick showerer and also I have a skincare routine afterwards).

I will always shower after an intense work day though because I work with dogs and they are hairy and smelly. 😬

i'm usually a once a day kinda person when it comes to showers! usually at night before going to bed so i'm fresh and ready for a good nights sleep! i might shower twice a day if the weather is hot and makes me feel icky, or if i've done work that's made me break out into a sweat. i also sometimes might take a morning shower if i need something to shock my system first thing when i wake up. i have curly hair so i can't wash it every day as that would dry it out. i try to aim for every 2-4 days depending how my hair feels.

I shower every night and wash my sheets and towels every week cuz I love waking up feeling fresh and ready to go. If there's something particularly important that day, or I do some hard labour or workout or something, I'll also shower in the morning/midday and just not shampoo cuz shampoo twice in a day would dry my hair out too intensely.

Always once a day, usually in the evenings, sometimes earlier if I’m wiped out and don’t wanna get out of bed later to go shower

I shower every day or every other day. Usually in the evenings after work. In my opinion twice a day is too much for me, I feel like my skin and hair would produce more oil to combat dryness. My skin is also sensitive and every time I change my routine I break out with eczema.

I shower every two days. I feel like once a day is a waste of water, if you are not particulary dirty. Specific parts can be easily cleaned with a wash cloth and some water twice a day. :censored:

Depends on if I leave the house or not, if I leave I always shower when I get home. I feel icky if I don’t. If I don’t do anything and stay home all day I usually wait until the next day or so. I don’t wash my hair every time though, only every 3 days or twice a week.

I shower twice a day when I work out (once in morning and after workout) but otherwise just once!

Generally shower once a day, especially winter time or if I’m not doing a lot in the day. If I’d had a busy day or it’s really hot I shower twice. I wash my hair every few days rather then daily, mostly cause it seems to stay in better condition that way.

I definitely shower daily, its part of my routine

I shower once a day daily, usually in the evening. I wash my hair every other day or every 2 days unless I go out, in which case I wash my hair at the end of each day. It just feels nice to be freshly washed before I go to bed, and I like keeping my bed clean.

Most of the time I shower everyday but at least every second day! I love it to take showers :)

Back