• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Share Your Island Map

Original.png

I haven't done much to change this, and I did let the bear, the pig, and Tiffany to move out. And I haven't done much to change.

I moved the shop to where the westernmost house is, moved that over to the eastern chunk, and kept the two houses on the side of the river closest to the museum to the eastern area and the highest part of the mountain up north.

View attachment 495822You're so lucky that you have Julian! He's my super-all-time favourite! I never had him before! 😢💫
Post automatically merged:

I went with this one:

FGz0lS8.jpg

I got Pears as usual, which is what I wanted, cos I hate them.

I will replace them with higher value more colourful fruits.

That also sounds like a metaphor for what I'm planning to do with my starting villagers too.
I hate pears as well lol! 🤣🍐

Last edited:
island map.jpg

this is my map at the moment! i'm not too sure what i'm gonna do with the area where sly used to be (the house in A6). something cute tho! ;D

got no screengrabs of what my map used to look like back in the olden days but the pond in E2 (its general shape at least) was there from the start. same thing with the general shape of the river on the around hornsby and quinn's houses (C2). had some flashes of inspiration along the way for deffo c:

my map isn't exactly what i was wanting, but honestly everything else is exactly what i wanted (blue airport colour, villagers are cute, peaches!!!) so i am totally okay with it! i'm wanting to turn the isolated middle section into a space for the museum, and all of the top layer bits at the back into one large fruit orchard!

View attachment 232523
i don't like pierce... he looks old...
Post automatically merged:

i finally got my dream island! i got apples as my native fruit, a yellow airport and i got hamlet and fuchsia as my starting villagers! 💕⭐🥰

Attachments

• 20230711_183121.jpg
    20230711_183121.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 37
Last edited:
1690464455916.png

changed up my map (and villagers!) a lil’ bit since my last post sharing my map. moved out victoria, cheri and rory. invited bones, shino and merengue! i figured out what to do with the area where sly and rowan’s houses used to be (changed up the shape of the river a bit and added a waterfall, a zen bridge and some cliffs – B6). also added 2 bridges and an incline + moved the shops around.

Part of the charm of resetting for me is getting the perfect canvas for my island! For some reason I tend to assign themes to an Island as soon as I see its airport color and I find it hard to do a theme or color palette that does not match the airport color. While replaying Spyro the Dragon, it inspired me to focus not only on the seasons, but also the aesthetic of the time of day as well. I also tend to play at certain times of the day which fit the theme. This left me wondering, what would I do with a similar island canvas, if only the airport color was different? So I decided to reset for near-identical islands with different color airports to suit each theme, while still keeping in mind what I look for in a map:
  • Airport lined-up directly with Resident Services
  • A specific mix of the beach rocks & peninsula locations (beach rocks located in D1 & C7, the peninsula located in C1)
  • Dual south rivers for the extra challenge
  • All 3 possible beach rocks formations with tide pools
  • Secret beach located in the middle.
  • Big round peninsula
  • Long dock
I've resetted since Friday and have found 2/4 of the options already!

Scherm­afbeelding 2023-10-22 om 13.57.25.jpg

Wildecrest: Forest of the Past
Green Airport, Pears & Windflowers
National Park themed, lots of greenery, lookouts to discover, mountains and hiking trails. Limited to mostly outdoor furniture to get a camping look, America inspired.
Time & Place: 1980's in America, Spring, Sunrise, 5:00 AM

Wildecrest: Tales of the Fall
Orange Airport, Peaches & Windflowers
Quaint autumnal village, villagers all having a dedicated craft, farms over the island. Warm & orange/red themed. Art Nouveau/Jugendstil custom designs. Furniture matching a certain place in time (I'm still not decided, but leaning towards early 1900's or 1960/1970)
Time & Place: Undecided, but retro, Autumn, Sunset, 06:00 PM

For the future:
I have two airport colors left, so Wildecrest: Desert Dreams & Wildecrest: Winter Warmth are the obvious choices. I will finish the green & orange airport ones first since I only have 2 Switches. Eventually I aim to start a fifth island of this "Wildecrest series" with terraforming being unlocked while still having the Resident Services Tent.

Part of the charm of resetting for me is getting the perfect canvas for my island! For some reason I tend to assign themes to an Island as soon as I see its airport color and I find it hard to do a theme or color palette that does not match the airport color. While replaying Spyro the Dragon, it inspired me to focus not only on the seasons, but also the aesthetic of the time of day as well. I also tend to play at certain times of the day which fit the theme. This left me wondering, what would I do with a similar island canvas, if only the airport color was different? So I decided to reset for near-identical islands with different color airports to suit each theme, while still keeping in mind what I look for in a map:
  • Airport lined-up directly with Resident Services
  • A specific mix of the beach rocks & peninsula locations (beach rocks located in D1 & C7, the peninsula located in C1)
  • Dual south rivers for the extra challenge
  • All 3 possible beach rocks formations with tide pools
  • Secret beach located in the middle.
  • Big round peninsula
  • Long dock
I've resetted since Friday and have found 2/4 of the options already!

View attachment 517778

Wildecrest: Forest of the Past
Green Airport, Pears & Windflowers
National Park themed, lots of greenery, lookouts to discover, mountains and hiking trails. Limited to mostly outdoor furniture to get a camping look, America inspired.
Time & Place: 1980's in America, Spring, Sunrise, 5:00 AM

Wildecrest: Tales of the Fall
Orange Airport, Peaches & Windflowers
Quaint autumnal village, villagers all having a dedicated craft, farms over the island. Warm & orange/red themed. Art Nouveau/Jugendstil custom designs. Furniture matching a certain place in time (I'm still not decided, but leaning towards early 1900's or 1960/1970)
Time & Place: Undecided, but retro, Autumn, Sunset, 06:00 PM

For the future:
I have two airport colors left, so Wildecrest: Desert Dreams & Wildecrest: Winter Warmth are the obvious choices. I will finish the green & orange airport ones first since I only have 2 Switches. Eventually I aim to start a fifth island of this "Wildecrest series" with terraforming being unlocked while still having the Resident Services Tent.
I love this idea so much! I whished I hade several switches to do something simalair. 😀

IMG_2351.jpeg
I’ve finally finished terraforming and adding all the bridges and inclines! Now it just needs decorating more.

I love the huge lake with the little islands to get about. The amount of water makes most of the villagers congregate around the plaza, which gives it a really nice busy atmosphere. The cliffs have lots of trees to make up for the water.

It was so fun to create and I love how it has turned out. Each of the five main islands is a different fruit too.

IMG_0768.png

This is the best map that I got. Not perfect (I wanted apples and an orange airport for the DIY's), but the things that matter most I got and I found to be quite rare for my ideal fishing map.

I rerolled for over 60 hours. It was hell, but in the end it was worth it because I now enjoy the game more than ever.

Things I needed (by priority):
  1. (Rare) I wanted this exact east facing island. The RS is the furthest from the airport. I would be rerolling maybe 20 or so more times before this map showed its beautiful face. There were times the airport was placed more to the right around c5-c6 which was heartbreaking, and I had to let those go.
  2. (Common) Longest Dock. Gotta have it. This is my optimal fishing island, can't be skimping on the pier. This was quite easy since it's a 50/50 chance. From my experience there is only a 10 plank and 14 plank option, and nothing in between.
  3. (Extremely Rare) Narrow river mouths. I cannot stress how hard it was to get these. I deleted too many of these because the river mouths were too wide. I would say I had the toughest time with the mouths because the chances of BOTH being narrow were extremely slim (no pun intended). Often times the map was near perfection, but both mouths would be gapingly large, or one was thin, but the other was wider than my cat. I consider myself extremely lucky that both are narrow.
  4. (Noncommon) A none-rounded peninsula on the EAST side. The point of this map is I love how the RS is so close to eastside beach making it easier to run to during fishing tourney's after the CJ dialogue. There were times the peninsula was on the left side and it was heartbreaking to roll out of those. I find that rounded peninsula's (especially the larger ones) give too many angle options which can really deter your bobber lineup. The shape of my peninsula is a bit more snug, cleaner, and makes it easier for me to bait/fish while having my avatar face south for easier spam fishing during the tourney.
  5. (Noncommon) Large rocks in the back/at least one on the beach. Yeah, as you can see the rocks in the back are huge. I am very pleased with the shapes of them. The semi-large rock beneath my peninsula is also to satisfaction. Though, I would have been fine without this one. Still a nice cherry on top.
  6. (Common) Any airport color that was not blue. A lot of players say blue is the best, but I think it's really weird how the accent color of the plane is a different blue. The two shades of blue clashing just looks awkward to me. Orange would have been preferable, but I can't compain about yellow.
After playing on this island for some few hours, my favorite feature ended up being the south facing river mouth. It is the narrowest/cleanest shape, and makes it so easy for me to fish there.

Last edited:
I restarted my second island in the beginning of the month. It’s similar to the previous one with a few differences.
When I first started:
FE1516BB-9E0B-4CC4-8529-77DEFA521372.jpeg

How it looks now
68639412-F007-4AE9-8C0C-89EE7813AFE0.jpeg

I can’t wait to be able to terraform. I plan on extending some of the cliffs and maybe making one new one. I might also add to the river so that R.S is surrounded by water.

You can't tell, but that big brown space next to Resident Services is a plaza park with all kinds of rides and games and nobody uses them.😭💀

Attachments

• builderdom.jpg
    builderdom.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 14
I'm surprised that I never shared a map of my island. Here's what Wahu currently looks like on a map:

Wahu Map 2-20-24.jpg

About 65% of the map is brown spots, because I love paths! 😅
The player character that isn't me is Bellboy, who runs the island hotel. Patty's farm is in between my house and Bellboy's, and the outcast on the top left is where Lopez resides. Notice how there's sort of a perfect rectangle for the south river; my OCD likes it when it's arranged like that.

2024022410280400-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

I restarted a few months ago and this is the outcome. Love that the Service Center is so close to the beach.

Here's a screenshot of how my map looks currently! I honestly wish I had taken more screenshots of the progress over time, since I've changed it a lot over the past 3+ years. It's really nice to look back and compare, especially since terraforming completely changes things. My island is not done yet and won't be for a long time tbh, as I usually spend literal years working on my island/town. The right side of the island needs the most work, especially the upper/middle right. The upper left corner has also been barren for a long time, but I just can't quite figure out what to put there. 😅
GHItG9faYAAdher.png

I went back and found a screenshot of how my map originally looked when I started and wanted to share that as well to compare. It's really cool too see how much I've done just looking at the map alone. 🥺
GHIvJyPaQAArSQE.png

Back