• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Red Riches

A couple of notes about this event:

Red Riches was designed to last the full duration of the Lunar New Year event, rather than being something you could hammer out as quickly as possible. The main goal we set for you to achieve was 1000 Red Envelopes, hence why all of the Dragon Tokens were awarded by this milestone. The event was considered a success internally if 1000 Red Envelopes were sent. The rest of the tiers were intended as stretch goals, hence why the top three tiers consisted of extremely rare prizes. We knew that they were plausible, but that it would be insanely difficult, and whether or not they would be reached would come down to how invested the community were in unlocking them. We wouldn't have considered it a bad thing if not all tiers had been unlocked by the end of the event.

We want to remind everyone that participation in our events is entirely optional and that this event (like all of our events) will not have appealed to everyone. If anyone wasn't interested in the concept or the prize pool, or they didn't have friends to trade with, or just decided that they would rather conserve their bells than participate then that is okay. People who didn't participate should not be villainised for their choice.

Omg super proud of this community. I went to bed and we were at 1840ish and I thought well it’s up to people in other time zones/those who stay up super late. I woke up this morning to see how we did and we did it!

If only everyone could get a rare prize but ah well may the odds be ever in your favour. It was really fun working together to swap envelopes. :)

Congratulations you are all amazing. I was definitely worried we wouldn’t get to 2k. So sorry I couldn’t help yesterday, Was just to busy and went to bed early. It was fun swapping envelopes with you all. Hope you all have a wonderful day. I will have to sell back some of my envelopes when I have time.

I didn’t know sellback was even gonna be a thing sooo I’m pretty happy about that 🌷
Congrats on reaching the goal everybody!

We want to remind everyone that participation in our events is entirely optional and that this event (like all of our events) will not have appealed to everyone. If anyone wasn't interested in the concept or the prize pool, or they didn't have friends to trade with, or just decided that they would rather conserve their bells than participate then that is okay. People who didn't participate should not be villainised for their choice.
Ah yes, my villain origin backstory.

I wanted to participate more, but it was kind of bad timing on my front. Good job for meeting the goal you all.

Maybe I'm in the minority but I don't have the heart to sell back any of my envelopes! 🤣
I sold back all the ones that were dividing my dragon in my inventory. I only decided to keep the ones that had good messages that didn't divide my dragon. If they decide to do this again for Year of the Snake I want to have a few envelopes to decorate with! 🐍

And so, the saga of Red Envelopes have come to an end.

And I can now rest easy, knowing that we have actually reached 2,000 mark in the collectible pool.

sleep.png

(Also, I finally beat Splatoon 3: Side Order in the first run so there.)

I'm a little late here but Congratulations! 🎉

Even though the top tiers were supposed to be a stretch, I fully believed that you could get there! Great job everyone and good luck! I hope your fortune cookies are filled with beautiful treasures. 🥠

Back