• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

[Poll] New Leaf players, what town ordinance do you use?

What is your town ordinance?

• Total voters
I used to always have the nightowl ordinance, because it's annoying that the shops close so early, but I kept forgetting about watering my flowers, soo.. yeah I changed to the beautiful town one and just ended up changing the time ingame to have the shops open 😅

In three of my New Leaf towns, I used the Beautiful Town ordinance. I felt like even if I watered every flower every day, some still seemed to disappear, so I just flipped Beautiful Town on to save me the hassle and prevent loss. My Animal Crossing games tend to be fairly flower heavy, especially with hybrid flowers, so yeah, would rather not lose ones that were important to designs. It's ultimately much less hassle too, not having to worry about watering them.

In my fourth town, I use the Night Owl ordinance instead. I wanted to be able to produce golden roses, so going without the Beautiful Town ordinance was the only way. Night Owl just because I'm actually more of a night owl when life permits, not that it mattered too much since I'm a time traveler, and liked having the shops stay open later.

When I played, I liked the late not ordinance. I wasn't really a morning person.

I kept the Night Owl ordinance for most of my playthrough, but I've since shifted my daily schedule and don't really need it anymore. Currently I'm trying to save up 100 million bells for the badge, so I'm using the Wealthy Town ordinance to help speed that along. Once I'm done with that and am confident I have enough gold roses for decorating, I'll switch over to the Beautiful Town ordinance. Watering flowers is one of the more time-consuming tasks I have to keep up with in New Leaf, and I won't miss it. I've also gotten the sense that I've lost flowers even after watering them, which is a tad irksome. Makes me wonder if villagers pull wilted-but-watered flowers the same way they pull weeds sometimes.

Beautiful Town, no question. Back in the day, I was using Night Owl, since I tend to work late, but Beautiful helps lessen both the daily amount of chores to handle, and the inevitable blow to any hard work when you take a hiatus from the game.

I had night owl for ages, due to only being able to play later for a while. But I switched to beautiful town, cos I got sick of watering the flowers every day haha

Wealthy Town for getting rich. Once rich, beautiful town for maintaining a perfect town rating.

beautiful town ordinance all the way, the benefit of having your flowers never wilt, and the huge decrease of weeds and garbage is perfect. ive never used any of the other ordinances before, but if i had to choose a second place it would probably be the early bird town, since i myself am an early waker and enjoy playing new leaf in the morning. it would be great to see all the villagers awake and ready to start their day, as well as the fact that shops open earlier, which is also a plus.

I have used each town ordinance at some point- mostly just to see what they are like and because I like to feel like I have experienced every element of an animal crossing game. Currently, I am using the beautiful town ordinance because I am lazy and have long periods of time where I can't play when my irl gets busy. The wealthy town and night owl ordinances were other favourites for me, but I don't think that I will be changing back to either of them anytime too soon.

I use beautiful, because i like to have a lot of flowers in my city now they never dry and the residents are happy :]
I miss picking up garbage from the river and having to step on cockroaches hihihi, but what is bothering me is that my dandelions keep disappearing every night :/

I use either the Night Owl ordinance or the Beautiful Town ordinance. I tend to play much later at night and I rarely ever play during the morning, so keeping the store open that little bit later helps a lot.

I'd prefer to use Wealthy Town, but once you start building up flower decorations you really just can't go without Beautiful Town, can you? Currently have Beautiful Town in my first town, where I've got tons of flowers, but on my second town (which is still very new) I'm using the wealth ordinance until I can save up some good money for home loans and stuff. I'll eventually switch to Beautiful Town there too, though, I'm sure.

I use wealthy at the beginning of the game when i'm getting the weed-pulling badges, but most of the time it's on beautiful. I'm too lazy to take care of my town lol

I chose beautiful town in every one of my towns! I think I've tried all of them but Beautiful Town is the one that gave me the most pay off, I think. When I had my very first town I had Early Bird so that I could play it before school, lol, and I think I tried Night Owl once just for kicks but I was never really up late. I found that both of those weren't really necessary though because it's really simply to change my in game clock by just a few hours so that I can have shops be opened when I'm playing.

I also tried out the bell boom ordinance and while it was neat I personally found it the most underwhelming? I'm not really sure why, I just didn't enjoy it very much. I settled on Beautiful Town pretty quickly though because I could not be bothered watering all the flowers in my town - I decided I want to cover Every. Empty. Space. with flowers at one point. I don't know why, my town still hasn't recovered lol, but watering all of them would be impossible! I also like how beautiful town cuts down on the amount of weeds that show up, I think it entirely (or at least greatly reduces) your chance of fishing up trash? And I don't get bugs in my house when I don't play for a while. It has the most going for it, I think!

Originally I had early bird, probably for those first three months of summer vacation, and then I switched to beautiful town.

To make it short I had to sleep in my family's living room that summer and because it was bright I'd wake up super early. Because I was so excited to play the game each day, wasn't feeling very well emotionally, and didn't have much else to do it was painful having to wait that extra bit in the morning so I chose early bird to be able to play right away.

And let me tell you, I binged NL lol. I played NL I believe after checking the hours x3 as much as I did NH in the first 3 months, a lot of that just me not getting into NH. After school started in September I had to slow down.

I still haven't quite reached my goal of 100 million bells, but I've already switched over to the Beautiful Town ordinance because I am done with these flowers lol. I've got plenty of gold roses stocked up, and it's really nice not having to fret over all my flowers anymore—and not having to walk everywhere to water them is doing wonders for my grass too. Honestly, I wish I'd gone for this ordinance a lot sooner.

I always went with Beautiful Town back when I played for hours every day, I would
try to get the perfect town and gold watering can. Last week I reset my town
after years of not playing, so I'm trying out Wealthy Town at the moment.

Beautiful town had tons of pros, like not having to spend that much time watering
plants, not as many weeds, a more forgiving approach for players
who couldn't play every single day. The hoards of flowers that villagers planted could
occasionaly get excessive.

While I now have to water wilted plants and deal with fishing garbage I actually
don't mind trying the Wealty Town ordinance. I find that the increased buy and sell
prices balance out fairly well.

Back