• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

[Poll] New Leaf players, what town ordinance do you use?

What is your town ordinance?

• Total voters

OpenSauce

Bells
I'm definitely expecting Beautiful Town to be the most popular, but it'll be interesting to see which of the others are more or less popular

Last edited:
I personally use Beautiful Town because it's just way too time-consuming to water flowers one-by-one. I may change it once I get a better watering can, but as it is now, it's just way more convenient.

Beautiful Town. Sometimes i don't play so i would not like to lose flowers due to that.

I've been playing for two months and using Wealthy Town to try to build up my bank account so I can pay for everything.

I haven't had too much trouble with flowers wilting. Every day there will be a handful that are starting to wilt and need watering but it's not all of my flowers. I will switch to Beautiful Town eventually.

I use Beautiful Town to get a higher chance to breed hybrids and to avoid needing to water all the flowers as now there are a lot around my town it can get very time consuming trying to water them all.

Previously I had Wealthy Town in effect to make bells quicker when I first started out in the game and wanted to upgrade my home but after paying off all the loans and putting quite a bit of bells into the savings I decided this ordinance wasn't needed as much.

Wealthy town until I buy everything and then Beautiful town. If I want shops to be open I'll just change my 3ds clock.

When I played New Leaf, I used the Night Owl ordinance, since I stayed up fairly late and needed to make sure I could actually do things late in the night, lol

i don't play new leaf very often now but I always used the beautiful town ordinance.

no matter how many times I restarted my save file, I always picked that one lol, just feels like it makes the most sense to pick.

if the night owl one was really late into the night then I probably would have thought about that one tbh.

I have always used the Beautiful Town Ordinance. I used it early on so I only had to water the flowers I wanted to breed. Then, I used it because I had so many flowers that I didn't have time to water them all every day. I know I could just water the wilted ones to bring them back to life, but I prefer seeing all of my flowers looking colorful and healthy every day.

The only other ordinance I would have considered was Night Owl because I can only play late at night, but when I looked up the hours it still wouldn't have given me access to everything. So I just keep my 3DS clock set 3-4 hours behind my actual time and that works better for me.

i used the wealthy town ordinance in the beginning so that i could earn more bells, but then i switched over to beautiful town and stuck with that one until i stopped playing. :)

Haven't played in my 6 towns for months now, but I do know I have the Beautiful one on all of them.

When I played New Leaf, I used the Night Owl ordinance, since I stayed up fairly late and needed to make sure I could actually do things late in the night, lol
I use night owl for the same reason
Not being able to do stuff because you mostly play the game late at night sucks

Beautiful Town. I used Bell Bloom at first but watering my flowers took longer and longer until I basically lost my patience/enthusiasm for it.

If I remember correctly, it's the Beautiful Town one. Picked it mostly because fewer weeds grow with it. When I was younger though, I picked the Night Owl one just so shops were open later

Sadly haven't played in ages (other than Desert Island Escape) but I originally set myself up with the Night Owl due to my work schedule, but as I gradually drifted away I needed to switch to Beautiful just so I didn't have to water the flowers.

I have the Beautiful Town ordinance on my town. I have a lot of flowers, and having to water them to keep them from wilting would be too time consuming and wouldn't be fun to me. Plus, I don't play New Leaf very often any more, so having my town relatively unscathed from long absences is nice.

As of right now I have the Wealthy ordinance in my town. I originally planned on saving lots of bells for PWPs and then switching to the Beautiful ordinance once I started growing hybrid flowers, but I enjoy watering them so I haven't changed anything yet. I have considered the Early Bird and Night Owl ordinances, though. I always seem to be on the game too early or too late and nothing's open.

i use beautiful town because when i had Bell Boom my villagers would go "hmm this is kinda expensive but i'm sure the mayor is doing this for a good reason" so i switched to Night Owl but one of them (maybe Punchy?) said he wasn't getting enough sleep so i switched to beautiful town huhu. a good mayor is easily guilt tripped into making the town a better place

Back