• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

[Poll] New Leaf players, what town ordinance do you use?

What is your town ordinance?

• Total voters
I use the beautiful ordinance to keep my 100+ pink roses from wilting! lol

I have 2 towns currently since I have taken over my brother's town since he stopped playing. 1 is set on the Wealthy Town ordinance, & my main 1 is on Night Owl. It's nice to have Night Owl because I stay up late myself, & it's extra nice to have Retail open after trips to the island for the grind of beetle catching. My other town was already set on Wealthy Town, which is nice to get the extra boost when selling your items. Since I've started playing, I have never tried the popular Beautiful Town ordinance since I'm working on the weeding badges & collecting all the weeding day flower furniture set.

It's been going well thus far... (Warning: long storytime) except when I first received my brother's New 3DS XL to borrow, and as soon as I put in my game cartridge, I opened my game to see my town time jump to another season entirely! Because of this, all of my precious hybrids vanished (since I wasn't able to water them daily, & no, I didn't have the Beautiful Town Ordinance on). I'm soo not used to flowers just dying & disappearing completely since ACNH was my 1st Animal Crossing game. So sadly, I had lost all of my precious hybrids I had worked so hard on, except for thankfully the gold roses right outside my mayor's house. I was particularly sad about my growing collection of purple roses that just went away. So long story short, check the date of the 3DS when putting in your game cartridge! Or just set your town to the Beautiful Town ordinance to keep your flowers alive & well, if that's an important part of the game for you.

Beautiful because I have way too many flowers. But when I was new to the game I chose the Wealthy/Bell Boom Ordinance because I read somewhere that it's good when starting out.

When I was younger I used to use the Wealthy ordinance but now I have enough bells so it just makes things more expensive than they need to be. Now, I use the beautiful town now! I love watering flowers but I just cant somedays, maybe over the summer I will go back to the Early Bird ordinance! I wake up at around 7:30 - 8:00 and if I get on the game in the morning the shops aren't open and the villagers aren't awake. I love the ordinances, most people just choose one but I change them depending on what I need from the town.

i have the beautiful town ordinance. night owl ordinance would be useful to me but i just keep the one i have because sometimes i don’t play for 1-2 weeks and i don’t feel like logging in to see dead flowers everywhere. also the beautiful town ordinance makes the town relatively low maintenance.

I have beautiful town because I am really really busy and have not had time to actually log on and play. (Sorry I have a life, villagers!) So I don't have to worry about dying flowers or a town full of weeds when I do have the time to play. I also don't have to water all the flowers I have. Night or early bird ordinance might be useful, but the time of day at which I have free time can vary widely so switching back and forth isn't financially feasible cause I'm using all my bells for PWPs and debt payments. Also I think the wealthy ordinance will make things more expensive and I don't really want to deal with even more inflation than I deal with in real life 😂

Apparently I already voted here but didn't say anything.
All 3 of my towns use the Beautiful Town ordinance. It is just the most convenient since I don't have to stress over watering flowers. I don't even play very often these days.

I usually start with a Wealthy Town ordinance but then change to a Beautiful Town ordinance once I have enough bells and the town is shaping up to my liking.

Beautiful town because I like not having to stress about watering flowers. And I feel like it gives me the freedom to just play when I would like to

Beautiful Town because I can't really bother with watering all the flowers :p I used Night Owl at one point but it wasn't really worth it since it delayed things by just a few hours.

I don't have any ordinances enacted yet, but I'm planning on maybe doing the Wealthy Town ordinance to help pay of my loans quicker, so I voted for that.

Back