• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Place to ask questions regarding cycling towns?

Mayor Butch

Bells
Arcade Tokens
I have gotten a 2nd town up and running, intended to use it to cycle, and am running into problems. Is there anywhere on the forum devoted to cycling towns? I've seen people post questions about cycling in the villager-exchange forum, and am pretty sure I've seen them get yanked, as that's one board you really don't want getting cluttered with irrelevant stuff.
(My signature's out of date)

I believe (someone correct me if i'm wrong) that you can ask any question regarding new leaf here. There is also the TBT HQ but that's much more widespread and might not help you as much.

May as well try it here, then...

I started a 2nd town for cycling, and naturally there's been interaction between my 2 towns, as I didn't want to go from scratch a second time just to get a cycling town up and running. (I'm not going to bother with the museum, dream suite, Brewster's, etc.) I transferred bells, furniture, etc., and traded perfect fruit between the two towns.

They've also been streetpassing, which I should've guessed. My main town, which had mostly villagers I really liked and one or two I-can-tolerates, dropped down to 8 villagers; I was OK with that, thinking someone I really wanted would happen along and I'd have space. Meanwhile, my cycle town was loaded with villagers I wasn't interested in... so when one wanted to leave, one of three sheep I was having a hard time telling apart, I went kthxbai and voided her without bothering to ask if anyone wanted her.

Meanwhile I was neglecting my main town a little (considering I spend at least a couple of hours in there every day), so I went in tonight -- and found the villager I voided from my cycle town not only moving in tomorrow but plunking her house down on my main path.

I could've prevented it if I'd been wary, but who wants to keep up that level of vigilance all the time? Is there any way to prevent villagers from your cycle town from moving to your main town if you have an open space, yet still be able to interact with your cycle town for trading fruit and items and whatnot? I feel like I spent nearly forty bucks last weekend just to mess up my near-perfect town.

Can't you just turn off streetpass (spotpass or whatever it's called) and prevent this from happening in the future? I'm not sure how it works exactly so I can't help you with specifics :3

It isn't just Streetpass. You can "catch" a villager from a town that you've just visited via the internet and never streetpassed. I want to keep interacting between the two towns at least some of the time, if only to trade off perfect fruit.

If you have 9 villagers, and you need to interact between both town, and sure getting void villager might happen, so if you re suspecting that, turn up the second day using a new save file character instead of your mayor, check around to see if there is any plot from voided, if yes, try using plot reset trick to at least get it plot at acceptable location, then make it move out.

If no, to be safe, save that new character, then delete it before entering your mayor. Or else, don't get any interaction between both town until you have 10 villager in your main town.

It sounds like if I drop down to 8 villagers in my main town, which I just did, I'm in trouble anyway.

I guess it just requires more vigilance than I thought, IF I want to stay at 9 villagers to keep a slot open for a villager I really want. No big TT leaps in the cycle town to shake somebody loose, because it would be too easy for them to end up in my main town if they go void. Gah, that is frustrating. Really, I thought that it wouldn't take HOURS of resets for Colton to show up... yet I did it for hours, over 2 or 3 days, and he never showed up so I settled for a cycle village full of villagers I wasn't that interested in.

I'll have to start making a 4th alt nearly every day now just to check (his name is always Zoney), and I'm SO sick of talking to Rover after spending hours resetting the 2nd game cart. Grr. Time to pout awhile.

Back