• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Is there a villager you regret letting move out?

Mine was Lucky. I gave him up for Merengue. I went almost 3 months until I had a villager that was nice but didn't have much of a connection with want to leave and found him again after only 15 NMTs. Now I will never make that mistake again.

I'm always sad to see them in boxes. Whenever I had Chrissy on my island, I hardly spoke to her, visited or gave her a present. However, after a few days of her leaving, I missed her. Luckily I've got her Amiibo now and got her moved back in.

Barold. I had him, let him go. Then I had him again and let him go. I have him again now, and I dont plan on letting him go again. Each time I kick him out, I miss him instantly. I thought he could be replaced, but he clearly cant. Ive even come to love his default shirt. I used to hate it before, but ive been letting him wear it, and i kind of like it now.

Pancetti.... I let her go and I miss her. She was so amazing and was bestie's with Anicotti! I remember when I got her amiibo card on Christmas because I had like 20 amiibo card packs and was so happy when I got her! She always was funny to me 🐷

Both Camofrog and Ribbot. My plan was to have the octopus villagers and supplement frogs to fill the rest of the personality spots. After they had both long gone, I decided on an all frog island and looking to have them return.

On a minor note, Monty because I want his poster but I want to have his poster in my inventory.

I wouldn't say regret because I do like all my villagers on my island at the moment, but certainly some I do miss.

Tammy because she was one of my very first villagers, and first villager i really bonded with in New Horizons. Also miss Dom and Chabwick because of how funny and cute they were.

Really wish Nintendo would have let us have at least 12 villagers, just too many villagers I like haha.

I miss bluebear. ;-; I got them on a mystery island and they were such a sweetheart. But I think I just have a soft spot for peppy.

I let Beardo move out and I decided after getting another smug that Beardo is the best smug. I felt the same about Rodney in new leaf... but Beardo I just really love. For me, it was just the things they said and the context of when they said something always reminded me of Beardo.

Oddly, I didn't feel the same about Diana. She was my first snooty I believe. I'm not sure why, but I prefer Broffina much more and I did miss Broffina when letting her go but not like I did Beardo. So it isn't the case of what villager got to me first or how long they stayed necessarily. I can't explain how I get really attached to one villager over another when they say the same things practically. It's odd.

So far, only Rasher. He's one one my favourite villagers, one of my "Awesome Eight" [lefty-boy over there is tops so far] ... There are over 400 villagers in NH and I want to get to know as many of them as possible, so I cycle out my villagers pretty regularly. Even though I've been playing since WW, I don't think I've met even a fraction of all the villagers yet and, who knows? Maybe one day I'll meet a villager for the first time ever and they'll become a firm favourite too?

I don't know that I regret letting him leave necessarily, since I got to know another villager who replaced him. But he's definitely welcome back some day :D

I did in New Leaf, but I reacquired them after buying another copy thanks to amiibo later on.

In New Horizons though, no. Everyone who has thus far departed my island has been a planned and acceptable loss, because they were only temporary until I acquired the permanent residents I wanted to live on my island. They were the starting Jock and Sisterly, as well as the initial Smug camper; Snake, Ursala, and Ken respectively.

To begin with I deeply regretted letting Tangy go as she was my first ever villager I found on a villager hunt. Sadly though she didn’t fit the theme I was going for and now that I have my ideal villager line up, that won’t be changing anytime soon.

Last edited:
I regret letting Tybalt go. He was one of the starting villagers I had for my new island. Stupid coin flip made me loose him. I almost lost Teddy a couple days ago by accident but thankfully the game didn't fully save yet as I hit the wrong button. It let me shut it down and reload back in, I skipped a day and he was still there. Raymond has asked twice to leave but hes one of my favorites so if he asks again, I may let him go..

I did regret in New Leaf game but never in New horizons but the reason I don't now is because of amiibo cards. I hope you all don't mind me talking a bit about my regret in New Leaf for making Lyman leave but Lyman is a good example of a villager I hated and when he left I missed him and realized I didn't really hate him in fact loved what weirdness he provided to my New Leaf game. He followed my character around and was very mean to Jay and Jay being my absolute favorite villager at the time I got a little angry (as much as you can for fictional animals of course). Besides he is a jock like Jay and with the limited number of villager we can have I just wanted him to leave but unlike the other villagers he never wanted to leave, he just liked me too much! When he finally left after new years Jay didn't have a rival anymore and I wasn't being followed around and constantly praised. Sure he might seem to be really annoying and all over my character but man did I miss the stupidity. In New horizons he was my first jock so he was back to "haunt" me XD but this time I accepted it as it makes the New horizons experience a lot more enjoyable to me.
In new horizons I was kinda sad to let Raymond go in the recent months for reasons similar to Lyman but not with the same impact. While Lyman is what you can call a simp for my character, Raymond is a flirty snob smug cat that must have what he wants and can get mean if he doesn't. He is very cunning and when he was in Drimusa he brought many villagers down using "tactics". I have Petri in my town and she loved Raymond a lot and to this day I noticed she doesn't interact with the other villagers much and clearly misses Raymond. While I could just summon Raymond again with amiibo I want to meet new animals and the one spot he left I have been using to let new animals live in Drimusa. If I ever miss Raymond I can just use the amiibo and have him back unlike in New Leaf times when amiibo weren't a thing until later and not having any way to bring Lyman back made me slowly regret making him leave. I imagine if you play New horizons and don't have access to amiibo the same regret could also happen.

I'll never forget you, Katt.

She moved out only for Cyd--a villager who fills the exact same niche but with a design I like less--to move in her place.

I don’t know if I have any that I regret letting move out, but I do miss some of them sometimes. I had Stitches for a while, but I let him go to get Dobie who I just love.

I usually go in knowing who I want and I’m pretty hard set on those villagers. Sometimes one surprises you and you just end up loving one, but for the most part I know what I want.

I regret letting stitches leave my island he is so cute and I have had him before in my town in New Leaf so I wanted to see what other animals I could get but now I miss him :( He was always so happy to see me and gift me all the time

Punchy.
I mean, i have him now again, but when let him leave i always was thought why i did that.

I let my starter Reneigh leave at first. I just kinda hated how the uchis in this game would go "Is this island not big enough for the both of us?!?!?!" after talking to them 3 times. But months passed by and a Reneigh shaped hole started to form in my heart😔 I tried moving in other uchi villagers but they didn't feel the same. So thanks to the power of amiibo, Reneigh is back here again. For good this time!

Back