Is there a villager you regret letting move out?

kemdi

Bells
Holiday Candy Cane 2023
Silver Mailbox
Benjamin for me. He left over a year ago. He was one of my first villagers in the game, and I didn't like him at first, but I eventually loved having him. I gave him a safety vest and he always used to wear it which kinda made him like the island safety guard dog, and I loved that! But he kept asking to move and I didn't wanna hold him back. :( So after I made sure he had a new island to move to, I let him go. The girl whose island he's on still has him and she still posts about him on social media(I don't want her harassed so I wont say which platform.) I'm glad she's happy buuuuut...lol I low key miss my virtual dog.😂 I have his amiibo card but that Benjamin was MY dog!😅 Anyway I don't wanna use his card to get him back, but I do call him to visit the cafe sometimes.

Yes I let Poncho move out because he wasn't a dreamy of mine and I thought about him for months cause hes so flipping cute??? I ended up buying him again from someone on here : ')
A little sad tho I don't have my original poncho, I think he was one of my first 5

Even though I have her amiibo card so I can get her back whenever I sometimes regret moving out my original Puddles because she was my starter peppy villager and I have lots of memories with her and other Puddles feel different...

I haven’t. I had my dream villagers chosen at the start of release and obtained them all. I didn’t regret letting any of my other villagers leave.

Probably Flip if I had to pick one. I didn't think I wanted him in my village since he wasn't a "dreamie" but when I looked back at my old screenshots on my switch I miss him.

i wouldn’t say that i necessarily regret letting him move out as doing so meant i got to invite another villager that i love, but i’ve been thinking about maybe letting dobie move back in one day, should the opportunity present itself. i just love the wolves so much, and the idea of an elderly cranky wolf just warms my heart. i had dobie on my island last year and loved having him around a lot, and while i’ve tried to make it a rule to not have any villager more than once, i definitely might reinvite him once i’ve obtained more photos and posters, and if i even have room for him haha.

i also sorta regret letting zucker and skye go, but not enough to really consider inviting them back tbh. 😅

I regret letting Judy move out for a while. She is one of my all-time favourites and I let her go to start a new theme.... This was months ago, and now I have her amiibo so I guess it's whatever 😂

Someone who I don't have the amiibo of though, who I also love is Wolfgang. Idk why I torture myself and kick out all my babies. I do kinda get bored with having the same villagers for too long though and want all new ones. It's a curse.

Butch. I really like him, but I had too many cranky villagers and I liked Apollo and Murphy too much. Me and my brother found a way to get Butch on his island, but my brother messed it up so now Butch is in our void. :(

I miss him sometimes but I don't know if I regret letting him go... Wade. I love the penguins, but I also love so many lazy villagers. Filbert and Beau being at the top of that list. Closely followed by Biskit and Egbert.

Edit: I also kind of regret letting Ellie go. I have the same issue with normals but x10 😂 I really want to find Goldie and Mitzi.. Lily.. Skye..

Moral of the story.. I like too many characters. I need more plots.

Last edited:
I miss many of my past villagers, but none of them I regret.

Many of my current villagers are completely new (never had them before, EVER) and it's fun getting to know them (despite being the same personalities). It's always nice to have fresh faces in the island.

Only once do I regret letting a villager move out.

When I first started the game, the first 2 villagers I got were Reneigh and Sprocket. Now those are amazing villagers, but the starter houses leave much to be desired…to say the least.

So being stupid and HHP not being a thing yet I let them both leave when they asked…and to this day I regret letting Sprocket go cause I still don’t have his card.

I regret letting Cyrano go, mostly because I never got his photo before he left. I should have kept him around longer since I haven’t seen him since.

In a way, I regret quite a few. I’m always sad to see a villager leave, because I get attached to them, even ones that are not favorites. There’s quite a few I let move that I miss - Cole, Rex, Graham, Flurry, Maggie, Sydney, Ike, Freckles, and Plucky, just to name a few. Deena and Weber in particular, I am almost positive will be moving back to my island at some point.

But on the other hand, I love finding new villagers to love. It’s probably my favorite part of the game. Even within the same personality and even if it is the same dialogue, the different villagers make different impressions on me and I think that is really fun and special in the game.

So I can’t really regret letting them move in the long run, because letting them move let me enjoy getting to know new villagers.

It helps that whether through island hopping, amiibo cards or villager trading services on here, I can always get them back (even if not the same version)

I regret letting Roscoe go. He is a cranky but I liked his deep voice and he was really cool and sweet old horse.
I almost lost Raymond but I was able to put a stop to that. I had Azalea staying in the campsite and I though she was really cute. I invited her to stay on the island and we played the card game and I won! But when she talked to resident services she said that maybe she can convice Raymond to move out. Excuse me? Heck No!!! I put a stop to that immediately. Sorry Azalea, you're cute but not at the cost of losing Raymond. It sucks I couldn't chose someone else to leave. I guess I regret not getting Azalea, but I would regret it more if I lost Raymond.

No. While I've been sad letting my villagers go, at the same time I don't regret having any of them moving out. In order to keep my villagers fresh, I have to gradually replace most of them over time, so it is what it is.

I regret letting Kyle and drago leave I have no idea what I was thinking.. well I remember Kyle asked to leave and I felt like he really wanted to I geuss and would feel bad making him stay!! I dont reefer what I was thinking with dragon though..

Last edited:
I'm on my 3rd island right now and had pre-chosen my villagers before I started so I haven't lost anything I care about on this save. However, on previous islands I've had Audie, Skye, Chief, Bianca, Roscoe, Savannah, and Julian, all of whom I miss and wish I could have room for again. Especially Julian my lovely unicorn. Curse this 10 villager limit! 😿

No, not really. They're pretty much all the same to me :p. As long as I have one of each personality I'm happy. But I would take Julia back if I ran into her again. I liked her aesthetic.
But I like mixing up villagers, moving their home when I get a new one and making the surroundings fit their theme.

Back