• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What colour is Punchy?

What colour is Punchy?

• Black & White

Votes: 25 52.1%
  • Grey & White

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • Navy & White

Votes: 12 25.0%
  • Other... explain!

Votes: 6 12.5%

• Total voters
Punchy is definitely black and white. For sure. I mean, in your pic he kinda looks navy-ish, but in reality I think he's black and white. And I guess with different lighting, monitors, screens...well, he could be any color! But really, he's just black and white, cuz nookipedia says so. 🤣

So don't trust your own eyes, no matter what. Trust nookipedia. 😜

Screenshot_20240221-190253_Chrome.jpg

I voted black and white! He's always been purple toned to me but still black! Kind of like how in anime there are characters with black hair but they're more blue, purple, green, pink or brown toned :^P
I think New Horizons made a lot of character's colors a lot more..... saturated and brighter than the old games..! (i.e. Biff) So it's hard to say what their actual colors are , in my opinion anyways!
I actually completely agree with this! This is how I see it as well. ^^

If you want to be technical then sure, Punchy is not pure black, but it's pretty clear to me how that's what he's supposed to be? I guess an off-black? As an artist, I feel like I learn not to be so technical with colours when drawing. I also have original characters and have drawn characters who have "black" hair or fur, but it's technically a dark blue, navy, purple, etc. It's pretty common and I think it just shows that there was some thought/consideration for straying away from the "vanilla" colour. I feel like the bluish tint Punchy's model has in NH is still very nice and I don't think it hinders his design from past games. I can't say the same for some other villagers though, as I think the saturation on certain villagers really killed their look for me, but I supposed that's a discussion for another time. 😅

At first I thought he was black and white, but after googling it, in the newer versions of the game he looks navy and white. Either way, I'm jealous you have Punchy because he is my favorite villager.

Punchy is definitely black and white. For sure. I mean, in your pic he kinda looks navy-ish, but in reality I think he's black and white. And I guess with different lighting, monitors, screens...well, he could be any color! But really, he's just black and white, cuz nookipedia says so. 🤣

So don't trust your own eyes, no matter what. Trust nookipedia. 😜

View attachment 537167

I could edit Nookipedia to say otherwise, though.

He'll always be a black and white tuxedo kitty to me! Technically if you colorpick him in New Horizons, he is navy, but as others have said, it's fairly common in art and design for black to be represented by dark greys, blues, purples, and even browns and greens instead of true black, which can be difficult to make look good. I believe the intent was for him to be a standard tuxie cat.

I would say he is black and white since that are the most common cat colors. I can see how you would say he is gray or navy tho!

To me, his original look is black and white and the "redesign" is navy and white now.

Never considered him to be anything other than black and white but your right picture looks a bit like he's a very very fine hint of dark blue

He’s always just been black and white in my eyes

looking at him in new horizons, reckon that he's black and white. but now that i'm looking again i too can see a bit of navy lurking within him

Back