• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Have you ever had a time where you were pissed at a villager?

There was one time where I came this 🤏 close to kicking Kidd off my island for giving me a fake painting. I realised that I liked him too much to go through with it just as I was about to invite the amiibo villager I planned to replace him with for the third time.

It also bugs me when villagers sit in a spot on one of my paths that's lined with fences/bushes while I'm trying to run errands, forcing me to take the longer way to get past them. I swear these particular spots are where my villagers decide to sit down the most often.

I love them being passive-aggressive (like saying “Trick or treat!” when they see me in a jester costume), but when they act shocked that I was gone for a week…it’s a bit excessive. I can see if I was gone for two weeks, but one? Too much.

Literally all the time with Goose. I tried everything to force him to leave my Town for two years and he refused to go! I finally snapped when he made Poppy move out and deleted the entire Town just to get rid of the jerkwad. Four years of hard work and dedication and a fully upgraded Nook’s Emporium, Museum, and House gone because that horrible bird wouldn’t go away.

One time, I was trying to gift people stuff that doesn't fit their style (I usually just regift villager gifts to other villagers), and one villager (I believe Rosie?) just REFUSED to stay in her gifted outfits. She would either use one of my custom designs (that I lazily made) or go to her default clothes. She eventually began using the gifted clothes, but it was INFURIATING to see her not use the gifts more than once.

Right now... I'm kind of mad at Portia LOL!!! So, near Portia's house, I have a mountain area where I have a vine I use to climb to mountain. Well... it seems... whenever I need to climb that particular vine, up or down, PORTIA IS DOING YOGA IN FRONT OF IT!!!!

I was terraforming and decorating my mountain, and every time I had to climb back down to go throw things away, or grab something from Nook's Cranny, SHE WAS ALWAYS DOING YOGA IN THAT PARTICULAR SPOT. So, I had to run all the way around my mountain, to get to the other side, where I needed to go.

This happened MULTIPLE times as I was terraforming the mountain. I would push her out of the way, even to the point where she got mad at me, but for SOME REASON..... every time I went back to that vine to climb back down... SHE WAS DOING YOGA IN FRONT OF IT. WHY?? THERE IS SO MUCH SPACE FOR U TO DO YOGA WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE IN FRONT OF THAT PARTICULAR VINE???

Sorry, it just really made me mad as I had made frequent trips up and down the mountain, in order to toss out the flowers, and every time I did, even though I pushed her out of the way, Portia just WANTED to do yoga right in front of that vine, blocking me. Why Portia. Why.

I ended up just added another vine, next to it, in case that happens again because I have a feeling I will be finding her there again LOL

Benjamin really got me mad on this day. I think the picture speaks for itself...

2022031410551100-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D (1).jpg

You can clearly see me with my shovel, and yet Benjamin decided to stand exactly where I needed to work. When he first walked up there I thought - oh, well, I'm sure he'll keep going. No. He stayed. I had it connected so he could leave. But he didn't leave. For a long time he just stood there. So I trapped him up there.

For some reason, when I put on the hardhat, the villagers somehow just "happen" to need to be exactly where I need to terraform.

Maybe it's a hint....

Benjamin really got me mad on this day. I think the picture speaks for itself...

View attachment 536314

You can clearly see me with my shovel, and yet Benjamin decided to stand exactly where I needed to work. When he first walked up there I thought - oh, well, I'm sure he'll keep going. No. He stayed. I had it connected so he could leave. But he didn't leave. For a long time he just stood there. So I trapped him up there.

For some reason, when I put on the hardhat, the villagers somehow just "happen" to need to be exactly where I need to terraform.

Maybe it's a hint....
They're actually programmed to get in the way when you terraform. No one can tell me otherwise. They're never around until I switch to the mode and then they all come out of the woodwork.

This is probably one of the times that really did bother me. I was working on a cool oasis park. I had just gotten done putting the finishing touches when Punchy walked by not a minute later and just sat down. It's annoying how they programmed them like this. I feel like they should've did the programming better where if there is a bench the villager will actually choose that instead of just sitting on the ground or in the middle of a path. I don't think I've ever came across any of my villagers sitting at this park or any of the benches I put out.
Puuuunchy!.jpg

Flora!!! The absolute queen on sitting and or Naruto running in an area that I need to do terraforming on!! And then she would just never ask to more out, FOR 3 YEARS?!?!!! 🙄

Deena and Octavian in New Leaf. Deena for moving on my paths pre update, and Octavian for moving on top of my black rose garden. Also I remember Renee just annoying me. I think she had this passive aggressive vibe to her, and then she wouldn’t stop giving me polka dot furniture. I can’t remember all else she did, but my hate still boils for her till this day. My absolute least favorite villager

If Renee has 1 million haters, I am one of them. If Renee has ten haters I am one of them. If Renee have only one haters that is me. If Renee has no haters, that means I have left this earth. If the world is in support of Renee, I am against the world. I hate Renee till my last breath. Die Hard l Renee hater. Can’t express my hate for Renee enough. I’m sipping the Renhaterade.

Yes. Whenever they come up to me and ask for me to visit their home or for them to visit my home. I most often say no. When I say yes, they usually give me one cherry as a gift or some clothing accessory I end up selling soon after. I used to feel guilty but I no longer feel that way because they had a way to make it easier in NL (scheduling meeting times) and completely abandoned it.

Good Lord. So here we are, I FINALLY was able to kick Stu (bull) off my island and GUESS WHO REPLACED THE *******

ANGUS ANOTHER BULL AUUUUGGHHHHH

In NL I had caught one of the rare fish. It was something maybe a deep sea creature or fish, I forget. But it was one of the hard to get ones. And as soon as I left the beach I was approached by almost all of my villagers. I knew before I even talked to them that they just wanted the rare fish and they were like 'oh let me give you my stained underwear in exchange.' That really annoyed me. I avoided them all just in case I did screw up and gave it to them by accident and made a beeline to the museum.

it’s mostly annoyance sometimes when i’m really tunnel visioned for a build or i’ve gotten a random burst of inspiration so i want to finish what i’m doing and they decide it’s time to visit my place or invite me over >:0
any other time, i would of course agree, but i’m busy!!!

I get mad when they decide to walk in the area that I'm designing. They get too close so when I press A, I get in a conversation with them, like ugh, screw off lol. Even if I push them away, they end up coming back into the area.

I got pissed off the other day at Cube because he blocked my net after I shook a tree and a wasp nest dropped.

No, I have not gotten mad at any of my villagers once. They're only silly ol' NPCs, after all... Maybe I'm like that because I consider myself to be patient. I guess villagers letting themselves inside my house counts, but it's more of an annoyance at best. And I know when I don't want that to happen, I can just go to another room and wait it out. However, that doesn't usually work and I just let them in anyway because I feel sorry for them.
(I do not usually type like this but I want to because...it makes my post calmer that way)

I don't recall any instances where I got angry about anything any of my residents did in New Horizons. The closest thing that comes to mind would probably be being exhausted of encountering the same few villagers over and over on the Nook Miles Islands in the early days post the game's release when I was trying to get Tucker. Otherwise, I dunno, sometimes it took a while for non-permanent residents to move out and make room for permanent residents, but I wouldn't say that was aggravating.

Nothing really compares to the New Leaf days when Wart Jr. followed me around numerous towns and Jambette moved into my main town unexpectedly and obliterated a patch of purple hybrid roses. I've long since forgiven them both though.

i get upset when they pick up catchphrases from each other, but not too much so because i can just report them for “inappropriate speech” and it resets that. it gets annoying fast though. i reset marshal’s catchphrase back to sulky because i got tired of everyone picking up his “mallow” one i gave him awhile back.

i also got mad at klaus for showing up on every island i make, and then moving back in because my sister had him and apparently they can do that. i am a klaus hater >;(

i get upset when they pick up catchphrases from each other, but not too much so because i can just report them for “inappropriate speech” and it resets that. it gets annoying fast though. i reset marshal’s catchphrase back to sulky because i got tired of everyone picking up his “mallow” one i gave him awhile back.
You know what, actually, yes, this. I come up with catchphrases that fit the individual villagers and then those ones end up spreading like wildfire. I can appreciate the idea behind the gimmick and the villagers sharing their lingo in theory, but in practice it just ends up annoying. I feel like the rate at which they do this is higher in New Horizons than it was in previous games and it makes for a worse experience.

Not pissed, but slightly annoyed.
I was decorating my island and sometimes my villagers ask for one the items im using for decorating the island.

Back