Votes: 21 11.7%
  • Never

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Other (don't vote for this option)

Votes: 8 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not your shampoo, it's your water temp. They make color-tinted shampoos and conditioners for a reason :) (they have "color-safe" options as well, but not all of them are. Sulfates are the key problem.)

Anyhow. I dye mine red -- red molecules are the LARGEST so they strip out fast, so I totally understand your problem with pink. But pink is only semi-permanent so it's going to fade no matter what you do.

Wash it in cold water (preferably every 3 days, but more often obviously if your hair is the type to get oily/greasy fast) and you'll be fine.
Wash it in hot water and it "opens" the hair shafts (much like how hot water/steam opens your pores?) and that lets the color wash away.

Obviously cold showers suck, so just lean over your sink/bathtub to wash your hair in cold water if you really wanna preserve the color. It's your best bet. No need to sacrifice shampooing. c:

I've used "colour protecting" shampoos before but it's the lathering that strips it :c I also see what you mean about the water temp though! I'll try it next time :3

Every four days but usually once a week, my hair can't handle it more.

i shower every other day but recently, ive been washing my hair 2-3 times each shower rather than just 1.

Shower every day, shampoo every other day. I have roughly 3 feet of highlighted blond hair, so shampooing every day would probably destroy the integrity and I'd end up with tons of breakage and dryness. I also only use sulfate-free shampoo and deep condition once a week.

I voted once a week, which is what I usually do.
Otherwise, it depends when I have time to wash them twice a week (when I'm on holidays or when I have to attend to events).

It depends on each person hair. My hair is thick and it takes some time before they feel greasy (about 4 days or so)

A couple of times a week. My hair gets super dull if I wash it too often, but by the same token it gets dirty looking really fast. Dry shampoo has basically become my hair savior.

Every 3rd day, I am using Organix shampoo, conditioner and oil everytime. Makes my hair lots smoother, I also using a special wet brush so it wont damage my hair to much. To bad Organix dosen't exists here in sweden so I had to let babe to send some sometimes. They last like 4 months for me, I got very long hair so thats great!

I tend to leave 2-4 days between washing.

I used to have to wash it daily, but over summer deliberately tried prolonging it between washes. At first it was awful, but by the end of summer I guess it had adjusted to it and now looks fine if I leave it a couple of days.

Yeah, I shampoo my hair every other day. I used to do it every day, but then I realized that it dries your hair out and washes all of the natural oils out of it. Now I use dry shampoo in between washes to keep the clean feeling (not on my scalp though). I only condition the ends of my hair too, rather than my scalp to keep it from getting as greasy on the second day.

Last edited:
Yeah, I shampoo my hair every other day. I used to do it every day, but then I realized that it dries your hair out and washes all of the natural oils out of it. Now I use dry shampoo in between washes to keep the clean feeling (not on my scalp though). I only condition the ends of my hair too, rather than my scalp to keep it from getting as greasy on the second day.

long hair dont care??

Everyday. I would do it every other day, but I have blunt bangs and they look greasy faster than the rest of my hair. :c I have really dry hair right now though due to the cold weather and I cannot seem to find a way to treat it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back