• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

How often do you change your Villagers?

welcome to the hotel california
my villagers are here forever. for acnh, i had a good idea of which villagers i wanted to keep 100% and never let go. as for anyone else who came along... it was up to fate -- if they grew on me enough, then i would also never let them leave. ketchup you're here forever baby

even with ACNL, i found it really hard to accept letting villagers move out! i get too attached to let them go, even though i really like seeing all the other villagers. i do wish there were ways to have villagers visit my island randomly or something -- just so i see new faces sometimes. hhp was really nice for that purpose!

My villagers are pretty much permanent at this point because of the story I have given my island! I wish we could see a complete history of who moved in our island and when, I know I changed it up quite a bit before I settled on my permanent 10 villagers

I love having the same villagers on my island all the time, especially if they are my favorites, but I do like to switch them from time to time. It keeps things fresh for me, but I will admit, I would like to collect a villager's photo first before I let them go. 🙂

Back