• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

how do you feel about terraforming?

I don't mind the ability to terraform and water scape. Infact it can be helpful and gives the opportunity for maps to be more different between players. My problem lies on not allowing the player to unlock an easier time later. The process as it stands now is tedious and takes forever if you are changing your whole island. I also don't like how much of a blind spot cliffs can create if you don't build them on the back of your island. But cliffs on the back of your island can block the cool rocks, being able to watch the waves splash before a storm comes, and the scenery of mini islands on the horizon.

I don't mind if the ability stays in future ac games... As long as more effort is put forth to improve the experience of terraforming and waterscaping. But I'm also fine with the idea of it's removal... Even if it means lots of resetting for a particular map at the beginning.

I do use the features, but I try to keep it on the low. I've had a flat island before and it was cool, but it felt kinda... Boring after a while. But it does force you to place trees and buildings carefully to keep your view from being so far.

i totally agree with the post above!

i love terraforming but gosh it should be this time-consuming and tedious. i’ve spent so many hours terraforming, scrapping, terraforming again etc etc

if they don’t want to give us a quick build feature like we have with house interiors, i’d at least love shorter animations :’)

Back