• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

How many envelopes are you keeping?

I think I'll be keeping 6! It was hard to narrow it down tbh, but I know I won't be using them much so it only makes sense. Definitely keeping them more so for sentimental purposes.

For the moment at least, I'm keeping all of them. There's something that feels weird to me about selling back items to the shop that were gifted with messages, like I wouldn't sell back roses or lights!

Last edited:
I had 6 and I only sold 1 for a line of five. I think that's good enough for me. Who needs tbt anyway? 🤣

I kept 10 so I could have a full line-up of them, and sold back any excess ones. I did save the info about who sent me the ones I sold back and the messages on them so I won't completely forget those envelopes!

I was initially planning to sellback all of them since all of the envelopes I sent completely wiped out my savings xnsjcnhc, but I ended up keeping 5 of my 56. The ones I kept have such beautiful, thoughtful messages on them that I honestly didn’t want to let go of them. Sentiments from my friends are priceless to me, and I’m happy to be without a few hundred TBT to keep collectibles and messages that warm my heart.

I honestly felt awful about selling any of them back, but I saved all the messages from the ones I didn’t keep in a Google Doc, so I’ll at least get to keep those messages with me always. ♥️ I also used some of the sellback bells to pay back the few people who sent me envelopes that I couldn’t afford to send back.

I'm taking them with me to the grave! 😤 You could throw a rock through my window with a note attached to it and I'll keep it, rock and all... ❤️🥺📄

I generally only keep ones of each collectible, although I'm thinking about keeping two, one on each side of my fortune cookie. I think it'll depend a little bit on what other collectibles I decide on getting, and if any fortune cookies collectibles manifest, where they end up!

I’m going to keep five of my red envelopes so I can have at least a full row to commemorate the first lunar new year event on tbt! 🐉

As much as I want to sell them, I'm probably going to keep them. If I happen to sell them I'd be disrespecting the users here that thought about me during this, knowing I hardly ever sent any red envelopes at all.

(Then again, it's TBT after all. Aghh, what should I do?)
Sell them back and gift oranges to your generous donators with pretty messages :p
Not sure if they will like this or not...

I'm going to be selling all of my envelopes so I can get my TBT back however I saved the message Xara sent me on one of my envelopes so I can always remember it in my notes.

As much as I want to sell them, I'm probably going to keep them. If I happen to sell them I'd be disrespecting the users here that thought about me during this, knowing I hardly ever sent any red envelopes at all.

(Then again, it's TBT after all. Aghh, what should I do?)
(Update!) I have decided to sell all but one, which was sent by @That Marshal Fangirl. As she is one of my close old friends on the forums and she wrote a unique message unlike the rest who mostly wrote Happy Lunar New Year or just a Dragon emoji.

I got 600 TBT out of it. Boy if I only did more of this, I'll be swimming in TBT.

I sold all but 5 envelopes that I had. I wanted to keep a row and kept all the ones whose messages that I liked best

None of them, haha. I'm already TBT poor and I don't see myself ever displaying them again, so I thought why not sell them back.

I’m still not sure how many I am keeping. I have sold back some and right now I still have 15. I might sell back 5 more but not sure. I do know I want to keep at least 5 .

I'm keeping all of mine. I received a lucky total of 13 envelopes (not saying that sarcastically, I actually like the number 13) from different people and they all have nice messages on them. They'll be a lovely reminder of this event.🧧🐉

But I definitely understand why many of you wouldn't be hoarding them. We expected most people to keep a few and sellback the bulk at the end.

Back