• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

How many days have you gone without sleep?

When I was 13, I did an all nighter for prestige at a lock in, couldn't sleep the next day because I was so ill from staying awake that long, so about 3 days!

So far I'm at 38 hours, but my longest is 4 days
gosh I sure do love having insomnia

Last edited:
i had went through this phase a few years back where i was a massive all nighter.... like i'd play video games and i'd enjoy staying up so i think i've gone like 2 days without sleep? never again tho lol

I feel like I've maybe had 2. I felt miserable though.

3. And I'm not talking about "I laid down on my bed but couldn't sleep". As in I was up and out and about for 3 days. I was traveling from one side of the globe to the other and when I got to my destination I had to buy a lot of stuff and then had meetings.
It was surreal because after day 2 I felt like I was losing my mind and by day 3 the slightest thing would make me laugh. I don't recommend it at all.

I've went for maybe 40ish hours once? I am a man who needs his sleep. 8 hours a night boooooiz

One time I stayed awake for 3 days straight because of anxiety. You start to hear and see things that aren't actually there, it is awful. -5/10, would not recommend.

I really don't think I've gone longer than 34-35 hours (so like 1.5 days), and that was only because of travel. I can't sleep on planes.

I think about two full days, when i was really depressed
but, like, i've had periods of time when i was only able to sleep for, like, a couple hours each day that lasted for around a week

I've pulled an all-nighter once, so I guess I was up for maybe 36-48 hours that time. I don't remember exactly. But there have been plenty of times where I've survived on just a few hours of sleep a night for extended periods of time.

Several years ago I stayed up for like three days straight, got crazy auditory hallucinations and noped to my bed

I sleep every 48 hours ! That's how I manage to be such a multitasker and seemingly always online. I'm with Gobby though, if you stay up for longer than you're use to, eventually your vision gets janky and more paranoid---like mistaking things for scary imagery x10, and auditory hallucinations are common. I generally pass out before I am affected by any of that, though. :p

I don't think I've ever stayed up for three days straight and it sounds scary to try. The most I've spent is maybe a day and a half, and even then I didn't like the feeling. I hate that you have to sleep in order to function, but it is what it is. On the positive side, sometimes dreams are a fun experience.

one day. i was so sick that instead of sleeping, i just vomited all night.

Back