• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

How long did it take you to settle on an island?

All I really wanted was pears and a generally pleasing map. It took 2.5 hours to finally get a map with pears.
Got every fruit but pears every map. I have to lol though bc I said watch me spend 3 hrs resetting to find my town to friends...

I'm resetting for apples and a blue airport. I've accepted the ways I can terraform no matter which outlets my rivers have, so at least I have given that up. But I'm losing patience. :mad:

First try! I got the 2 villagers I wanted (Pashmina and Bill) so I get really lucky! I also got the blue airport and cherries so I'd say it was pretty perfect! I would've liked peaches but I got 3 from Nook so I can have the best of both worlds :D

I accepted one of the first 4 maps. I got an yellow airport sadly but I can life with it! And the peaches I wanted :)

I think I reset 12-13 times! 2ish hours, but I was watching YouTube at the same time, which helps a lot! I wanted peaches and two villagers I liked, which ended up being Bam and Ursala. I ended up getting lucky with a yellow airport, because I didn’t want red or green!

Last edited:
I personally chose a super cool looking map from the 1st 4 maps presented; couldn’t be happier with my choice! :D

i didnt reset at all because i want to be authentic (?) as possible for NH. i kind of wish i did reset though because my airport is ugly green...

I was grinding resets for like 4 hours now, I think. Finally a blue airport with apples.
I'm not too keen on Frita and Curly but I don't hate them either. Villagers can always move. :blush:

I just wanted both Mira and Sprocket. Everything else is ok to me. So 3 hours at that.

When I saw that there was a mini-island in the middle of one of the maps, I instantly knew I wanted to have my house there and rule over my island as a dictator.

So no time at all.

Took me about 3 hours to find an island I liked, with either apples or cherries, and with villagers I didn't mind. I stopped counting the number of resets after 15.

Last edited:
Not long lol! I don't mind my starting villagers or fruit (apples) and the river/res center placement works really well for me

I decided to just give it a go on my first try, sans re-set. Though, after seeing someone with a heart shaped pond on their map I kind of regret it! :c

I reset once, because I got Canberra, which is my least favorite Uchi and one of my least favorite villagers in general.

But I am happy with my second attempt (Cherry is a much better Uchi, Snake is pretty cool too). ^^
And I am glad I am not the only one who reset for/because of something. :p

I stuck with the first one I got! I was only planning to reset to get acceptable villagers, so my first instinct was to reset because I got Cobb, who was on my list of villagers I'd reset if I got, but after a lot of consideration, I decided to keep it; I think he'll grow on me. I also got Diva, who I'm happy with, and a map that looks nice, along with apples (I wanted oranges, but I'd be fine with anything except cherries - apples are also the only fruit I've never started with across the other seven towns I've had, so that's pretty cool!) and a yellow airport (I wanted yellow or green), so I think I got pretty lucky in general.

Three times! I got Rowan and Hazel and a heart pond and cherries !!! I'm a happy gal!

I kind of pledged that I wouldn't reset because I think that is part of the fun! I got peaches and a yellow airport! I'm content. My first two villagers were Dom and Mira! I'm not really a perfectionist and the RNG I get is what makes it more special to me! I hope everyone gets their desired maps!

It took me around an hour to get the perfect island! I'm so happy, most of the time when I settled in New Leaf I felt torn between resetting or starting over but now it feels like home :)

Back