• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

How long does it take you to make your character in games?

If the customization is simple like in AC, then I'd say maybe 10 minutes tops—but if we're talking pages of hairstyles and eye shapes and stuff like that, then that usually takes me anywhere from 30-45 minutes. If I'm basing it off a pre-existing character of mine, then it also tends to go a lot faster than if I'm trying to design a brand new character.
I haven't played any games with the super-detailed sliders in the character creator though. If I did, I imagine that'd add a fair bit of extra time to the process ahaha.

what do you mean there's gameplay after character creation-

it depends on the game and the character creation! typically i'll have some idea of what i want my character to look like, but if i can't make them properly, i end up switching gears until i make something i'm happy with.

my default process is to start with my main oc -> other ocs that i think i can make -> if none of them look right, its time to make someone new. or if i see something really fun to build off of in character creation i end up restarting to build around it. but then i enter that cycle like 10x

it is not uncommon for me to spend like 2 hours in character creation o( ̄┰ ̄*)ゞ and then to immediately exit and make another character

I can’t put a specific time frame, but it takes me some time. I think I really enjoy character creation to the point where some games initial appeal for me is that I have a lot of character customization options. I will also use it as a way to help me come up with ideas for ocs, so I end up spending a lot of time trying to make them really stand out to me!

Back