• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

How long did it take you to settle on an island?

I reset about 6 or 7 times in the end, mainly because I was trying to get cherries as my native fruit but after a while I got fed up of having to go through all the dialogue each time so I gave up. But I ended up with a pretty nice map IMO and a blue airport which I love. My native fruit ended up being peaches which I'm OK with and I've got Diva as one of starting villagers which is cool cos I like her - I've never had my other one Axel before but he seems alright so far.

I didn't have to reset at all because I got very very lucky!!!

I got comfy and hunkered down expecting to be resetting for an hour minimum, but I got my 4 map choices, saw that one of them was exactly what I imagined (RS in the EXACT spot I imagined in my mind, as well as my ideal river placement!!), then was disappointed because I was like "there's no way there's going to be apples..."

Not only were there apples, it also had a BLUE AIRPORT, the only one I wanted!! And my dock is in such a nice spot too, AND my villagers happen to be cute too! I am soooOOO happy, I don't know what I did to deserve such luck. I was willing to accept my ideal fruit + the rivers I wanted but somehow I got literally everything I wanted first try!! :)

Sorry if this sounds kind of braggy, I'm just so excited about it that I really wanted to share with you guys because I know you'll totally get my hype :,)

It took me about 2.5 hours and around 25 resets to finally get the blue airport and apples. I was very lucky to have gotten a map that I really wanted too! I got Hamlet and Mira as my starting villagers, I wanted Reneigh, and Poncho, but I do like Hamlet and Mira a lot so I’m happy I didn’t have to waist my entire day resetting. :)

I got my fav fruit oranges and a pretty good map first go!

I settled on one of the first four offered to me. I was only planning to reset if I got a villager I hated or if I got apples as a fruit. I don't really have preferences about anything else

I did not reset as I just wanted to play the game, the fruit I got is good, also the villagers are as well

It took me almost five hours to find a map I liked that also has apples as its native fruit. But I persevered, and I (finally) found one! Not only that, but it also has a green airport, which is something I was hoping to get but didn't want to reset for.

5 minutes. Rather than spending hours going through the same motions, I wanted to actually play the game. I'll take one of the first four islands the game gives to me, and I'll make it into something perfect lol.

We kept our first one. We had a good starting map, placement of airport and resident services, and good starting villagers. The only thing I wish was different was that the airport wasn't yellow. But that's not as big of a deal to me. I'm hoping this is something we can change later.

I'm still resetting for Apples and a Blue Airport. :/

My first attempt gave me Diva, so I noped out of there real fast. Four times of resetting in the end! I ended up with cherries and an orange airport, with Fuschia and Mac :) I'm quite pleased. I only got something other than cherries once out of the times I tried, and kept getting the green airport.

I chose one of the first four maps I was given and I'm really happy with what I got. I got cherries like my first NL town which sorta bummed me out but I don't care much about native fruit since I'll get the other ones later on

I didn't have to reset at all because I got very very lucky!!!

I got comfy and hunkered down expecting to be resetting for an hour minimum, but I got my 4 map choices, saw that one of them was exactly what I imagined (RS in the EXACT spot I imagined in my mind, as well as my ideal river placement!!), then was disappointed because I was like "there's no way there's going to be apples..."

Not only were there apples, it also had a BLUE AIRPORT, the only one I wanted!! And my dock is in such a nice spot too, AND my villagers happen to be cute too! I am soooOOO happy, I don't know what I did to deserve such luck. I was willing to accept my ideal fruit + the rivers I wanted but somehow I got literally everything I wanted first try!! :)

Sorry if this sounds kind of braggy, I'm just so excited about it that I really wanted to share with you guys because I know you'll totally get my hype :,)

where is your RS?

I resetted 3 times.
1st time I got Apples + Green Airport
2nd time got Cherries + Yellow Airport
3rd time got Peaches + Blue Airport

I wanted Apples + Blue Airport, but I didn't know if it was worth it to reset so many times. Right now I'm kinda regretting it since Peaches are my least favorite fruit, but I already did a ton of stuff in-game.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Decided to reset since many of you are doing it lol and I'll be playing AC for a long time, so everything I did can be gathered again over time. Holy f*** I´m lucky!!

4th try cherries + blue airport
5th try apples + blue airport

not long actually! i only really "reset" once before i actually got to the island, just because i didn't like any of the maps i was given the first time. the second time i got to the map screen i picked one and that's the one i used! i sort of felt like my own experience might be cheapened if i kept reliving it over and over trying to get the perfect fruit/villagers/etc so once i picked a map that was that!

i also got peaches on this map which is exactly what i wanted! :3

Last edited:
I got really lucky and found a map I was fine with on the first try, and my villagers were Agnes and Poncho, which I was okay with. The only thing wrong was that I got apples, which would've been my last pick for fruit but since I was fine with everything else, I didn't bother to reset lol

i just went with the first one i got, i figured i could redo the rivers later if i got annoyed with them, but overall everything is great.

Back