How long did it take you to settle on an island?

All I really wanted was pears and a generally pleasing map. It took 2.5 hours to finally get a map with pears.
Got every fruit but pears every map. I have to lol though bc I said watch me spend 3 hrs resetting to find my town to friends...

I'm resetting for apples and a blue airport. I've accepted the ways I can terraform no matter which outlets my rivers have, so at least I have given that up. But I'm losing patience. :mad:

First try! I got the 2 villagers I wanted (Pashmina and Bill) so I get really lucky! I also got the blue airport and cherries so I'd say it was pretty perfect! I would've liked peaches but I got 3 from Nook so I can have the best of both worlds :D

I accepted one of the first 4 maps. I got an yellow airport sadly but I can life with it! And the peaches I wanted :)

I think I reset 12-13 times! 2ish hours, but I was watching YouTube at the same time, which helps a lot! I wanted peaches and two villagers I liked, which ended up being Bam and Ursala. I ended up getting lucky with a yellow airport, because I didn’t want red or green!

Last edited:
I personally chose a super cool looking map from the 1st 4 maps presented; couldn’t be happier with my choice! :D

i didnt reset at all because i want to be authentic (?) as possible for NH. i kind of wish i did reset though because my airport is ugly green...

I was grinding resets for like 4 hours now, I think. Finally a blue airport with apples.
I'm not too keen on Frita and Curly but I don't hate them either. Villagers can always move. :blush:

I just wanted both Mira and Sprocket. Everything else is ok to me. So 3 hours at that.

When I saw that there was a mini-island in the middle of one of the maps, I instantly knew I wanted to have my house there and rule over my island as a dictator.

So no time at all.

Took me about 3 hours to find an island I liked, with either apples or cherries, and with villagers I didn't mind. I stopped counting the number of resets after 15.

Last edited:
Not long lol! I don't mind my starting villagers or fruit (apples) and the river/res center placement works really well for me

I decided to just give it a go on my first try, sans re-set. Though, after seeing someone with a heart shaped pond on their map I kind of regret it! :c

I reset once, because I got Canberra, which is my least favorite Uchi and one of my least favorite villagers in general.

But I am happy with my second attempt (Cherry is a much better Uchi, Snake is pretty cool too). ^^
And I am glad I am not the only one who reset for/because of something. :p

I stuck with the first one I got! I was only planning to reset to get acceptable villagers, so my first instinct was to reset because I got Cobb, who was on my list of villagers I'd reset if I got, but after a lot of consideration, I decided to keep it; I think he'll grow on me. I also got Diva, who I'm happy with, and a map that looks nice, along with apples (I wanted oranges, but I'd be fine with anything except cherries - apples are also the only fruit I've never started with across the other seven towns I've had, so that's pretty cool!) and a yellow airport (I wanted yellow or green), so I think I got pretty lucky in general.

Three times! I got Rowan and Hazel and a heart pond and cherries !!! I'm a happy gal!

I kind of pledged that I wouldn't reset because I think that is part of the fun! I got peaches and a yellow airport! I'm content. My first two villagers were Dom and Mira! I'm not really a perfectionist and the RNG I get is what makes it more special to me! I hope everyone gets their desired maps!

It took me around an hour to get the perfect island! I'm so happy, most of the time when I settled in New Leaf I felt torn between resetting or starting over but now it feels like home :)

Back