• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

How long did it take you to settle on an island?

I didn't reset at all -- went with the best out of the first options and i'm really happy. taking this one slow and enjoying what the game gives me. :lemon:

I think I reset 4-6 times to get the airport & fruit I wanted. I'm not in love with the map I have, but I think I can work with it and at least it has the all the elements I wanted really badly!

Last edited:
I didn't reset at all, and got a blue airport and cherries which was exactly what I wanted. I wanted the resident services area to align exactly with the airport (for future paths) and 2 south waterfalls which was also what I wanted, so it was perfect.

I reset twice. I didn't want to go too crazy about it, but I did want to try my luck to see if I could get something a little better. Pretty happy with everything I got, though.
One of my problems with New Leaf was that everything had to be perfect, and it was honestly a little anxiety inducing at times. i'm gonna try to take things with New Horizons day by day, and...so far so good!

Honestly, a LOOOOOONG time. So many resets I’ve lost count. Admittedly, I wanted a lot of very specific things. However, when I found the island I’ve been looking for, I’m so happy. So at least I spent time resetting at the beginning when I haven’t labored much yet.

Not that long. I reset twice before I found a layout that I liked...

and then when I saw the island it had peaches and a yellow airport. Which were my number one picks. (I mean I guess I might have liked the teal airport over the yellow airport, but I don't know if teal is even still a possible colour so I'm happy with yellow)

I ended up with my first monkey villager as well, so it definitely was a good choice for me.

I reset once because I didn't like the map layouts I'd been given. Got my perfect map on the second attempt. ^^

3 minutes or so. I already knew what I wanted, and I wasn't going to reset. The other options wouldn't accomplish what I wanted perfectly, and the one I picked was the best I could get.

not long - i was mainly resetting for fruit but i made sure to choose a map that i liked, as well. it took me maybe 10-15 mins?

I didn't reset once, I didn't care what fruit I got or the colors and I loved that I got the new villager Dom.

I saw the video 4 times and I resetted 1 more time for a better map. I just wanted to have the residential area in the middle and get apples, but I also got lucky with getting the yellow airport which would have been my choice as well. I didn't care much about my layout since it can be changed, but I do like how it looks so far.

I honestly just went with the first one I got. I just wanted to start playing the game.

I spent about 2 hours resetting - I wanted apples and the service square to be close to the airport & straight up from it. I got really unlucky and it took forever, but it was SO worth it because I got Katt (my Uchi in NL) and HAMLET the absolute beast ♥

Edit: My airport was blue too which is nice

Last edited:
It took me about ten minutes because I spent at least five minutes debating from those four maps. I didn't reset though.

Back