• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Advice on Villager Eviction

August

Mayor of Tomatotown
Bells
Switch
4424-7215-6811
Fossil Easter Egg
Rotating Fool's Egg
Light Blue Balloon
Space Whale Plush
Blue Hybrid Rose
Invader
Pinky
Astral Inner Planet Floating Gold #10
Firstly, I apologize if this is in the wrong area, I tried to read through the FAQ, but I have some gnarly ADHD and couldn't focus on the wall of text enough to comprehend any of what I was reading. SO- I figured I would just pose the question here.

I am DESPERATE to get Sheldon, Plucky and Marshall out of my village.

The thing is, I've read SO MANY conflicting posts and articles about the move out process. You can't be friends, its best to be best friends, ignore them, only talk to them. I don't know what to do ;w;

I've been using this guide here: https://yuexr.github.io/acnh/moveout.html, but I'm 52 days into time traveling and haven't gotten A SINGLE thought bubble. I already have my campsite, and currently at 10 villagers. My poor island is now overrun with weeds and I have absolutely nothing to show for it. I feel like I'm caught in a never ending time travel loop :ROFLMAO: PLEASE, if someone could give me actual advice on what to do, how to do it- I'd be so appreciative.

Hmm, do you have any Amiibo cards? That would be the fastest and easiest way to make them move out!
If not though, from my experience- you should talk to them. I don't think you *need* to though, but at least once so the villager knows who you are.
The last villager who moved in will not ask to move out if I remember correctly... and I think villagers start to ask to move out after two weeks? And don't quote me on this but I think someone said you had to refuse the person with the though bubble for the next person to think about moving out?
It's quite a tiring process though. It is a bit strange that you haven't seen anyone even have a thought bubble...!

Hmm, do you have any Amiibo cards? That would be the fastest and easiest way to make them move out!
If not though, from my experience- you should talk to them. I don't think you *need* to though, but at least once so the villager knows who you are.
The last villager who moved in will not ask to move out if I remember correctly... and I think villagers start to ask to move out after two weeks? And don't quote me on this but I think someone said you had to refuse the person with the though bubble for the next person to think about moving out?
It's quite a tiring process though. It is a bit strange that you haven't seen anyone even have a thought bubble...!

I do not currently have Amiibo cards, but will in about a week or less. Does it ask you to move one villager out in place for an Amiibo villager?

I have spoken to all of my villagers at least once! It is so crazy to me no one has wanted to move out even once yet :ROFLMAO: I have a member here graciously holding Fang in boxes for me, but if its going to be a nightmare to force a moveout without an Amiibo, I will just pay them for their time and wait on my Amiibo to come in. So stressful! lol

I do not currently have Amiibo cards, but will in about a week or less. Does it ask you to move one villager out in place for an Amiibo villager?

I have spoken to all of my villagers at least once! It is so crazy to me no one has wanted to move out even once yet :ROFLMAO: I have a member here graciously holding Fang in boxes for me, but if its going to be a nightmare to force a moveout without an Amiibo, I will just pay them for their time and wait on my Amiibo to come in. So stressful! lol
Oh right! LOL I forgot I sent you some Amiibo cards too- yeah, so for Amiibo cards.. you have to invite them over for three days, every day they will ask you to make something for them , then on the third day, they will ask if they should move on your island. Then you can choose who to kick out. When you choose, the villager who you kicked out will be in boxes.

Ahhhhhhhhh.... hmmm... When you look for villagers to move out, do you hunt every single one of them down to see if they have the thought bubble? Or do you only check for the ones that you want to move out?
It might help to maybe change the time of day to see if that helps? I feel like it is strange that no one wants to move out though, and you have 10 villagers... hmm..

Also- Looking on the TBT forum, it seems that this method has worked for people?

Oh right! LOL I forgot I sent you some Amiibo cards too- yeah, so for Amiibo cards.. you have to invite them over for three days, every day they will ask you to make something for them , then on the third day, they will ask if they should move on your island. Then you can choose who to kick out. When you choose, the villager who you kicked out will be in boxes.

Ahhhhhhhhh.... hmmm... When you look for villagers to move out, do you hunt every single one of them down to see if they have the thought bubble? Or do you only check for the ones that you want to move out?
It might help to maybe change the time of day to see if that helps? I feel like it is strange that no one wants to move out though, and you have 10 villagers... hmm..

Also- Looking on the TBT forum, it seems that this method has worked for people?

Yup! Thanks for that again :ROFLMAO:

I've been checking every one of them just to make sure, and set my clock to around 1pm on every reset for it. I'll try this method you linked and see if that gives me any success!

Edit:

I FINALLY GOT PLUCKY TO MOVE OUT 😂😭😂😭 I WISH SHELDON WANTED OUT FIRST BUT I'LL TAKE IT WOOOOOO

Last edited:
Back