• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

how good are you at saving money?

Really bad. I always treat myself when I shouldn't. :( I really need to learn how to save and spend less though. I have so many bills to pay for this month.

Meh I don't have much to spend my money on so I'm fine but when I have to live on my own and pay the bills myself... Yeah I don't know how that will turn out LOL.

i can save tbt up, and i just wait until my pocket money is near ?50-60 so i can buy something which i?d like. i don?t plan on saving up to absurd amounts to get a games console or something. i haven?t entered the adult world yet where you get a debit/credit card.

i would do chores with enthusiasm if i was paid
but i?m still made to do chores without money

I'm terrible at saving money irl and tbh I don't think I'm that great at saving TBT either haha

depends on how badly I want the thing lol

like, it wasn't difficult at all to save money for concert tickets I wanted, but at the same time, I'm having the worst time saving money for odds and ends I want

Weirdly enough, the less money i have the more likely i am to spend.

The more money i have the more i enjoy letting it snowball, and i save it like crazy.

I feel like I'm equally good at spending money and saving money

I save because I refuse to retire and live poor but I also allow myself to buy things because it's nice to treat yourself

but i've learned that buying really amazing things every once in a while is so much sweeter then just always spending and spending on useless crap

I'm really serious when it comes to having a stable financial situation, i'm not getting any younger so the older i get the more excited i get about 401k's and roth ira's lmao

but hey my golden years will be just that, golden and comfortable.

Right now I'm 15, and in my state I can't legally work at most places. So, the only money I get is pocket change from my mommy dearest. Usually, I only have less than $20 at any given time, and it almost always goes towards getting energy drinks in my school's vending machine, buying fast food, or helping my boyfriend with gas money.

Sounds like most women.

I hate spending money, so I don't buy anything unless I really want it, or need it.
Especially when it comes to clothes, why buy more when I got a wardrobe full of perfectly fine clothes, stop wasting money people.

Sounds like most women.

I hate spending money, so I don't buy anything unless I really want it, or need it.
Especially when it comes to clothes, why buy more when I got a wardrobe full of perfectly fine clothes, stop wasting money people.

I'm a gay male.

edit: im a dummy. oops

Last edited:
Now that I have to pay for school, I tend to live by these few financial principles..

1) Can you buy two of these items, if not, simply don't purchase it (Excluding textbooks, and tuition of course)
2) How will this purchase affect me in one day? A month? A year?
3) For every paycheck I earn, I put $50 into my savings

terrible.
see a knick knack that will just sit on the shelf? I NEED IT.
stickers that i havent seen & just want. BUYING EM'
hungry? sees snacks? GET EMMMMM
craft supplies that i could see some use in? GOTTA GET THEM

god damn i cant even save money on ACNL, let alone real life. i see them amiibo cards and i go nuts man, i just spent 70 in the last month )': and not to mention last month i splurged on fast food and clay cause i was in a lazy artsy mood

so bad lmao. i think i have like 2 dollars in my bank account

I wouldn't say I'm the best. But I have a threshold that I've never let myself touch.
Most of the time I guilt trip myself into not spending it. T_T Sometimes it doesn't work ~

I'm jobless at the moment so I rely on birthday money. Even then I waste it on after-depression hauls. (I can't even save up TBT, lmao)

Sounds like most women.

Really? You actually are going to perpetuate that stereotype that women can't save money? It's a skill, like many others, that needs to be learned and has nothing to do with gender.

Really? You actually are going to perpetuate that stereotype that women can't save money? It's a skill, like many others, that needs to be learned and has nothing to do with gender.

I\m simply implying women tend to love emphasis on that, to shop, and spend money, I've never seen a man go shopping without a clear goal in mind, whereas women love to go shopping just for the sake of doing it, because they tend to love that activity, whereas men tend to dread doing it, there's a reason there's benches within shops, it's for the men to sit while waiting around in purgatory as their partner looks around for stuff you don't need.

I'm not saying women can't learn the "skill" of not spending money, but that's gonna be a lot harder to learn when you love doing it, and especially when you go window shopping, just makes you more likely to buy something you'll never need, or even use just because it was fun in the spur of the moment.

And stereotypes come around for a reason, they're built on truths, although yes often exaggerated, never the less the truth still lies in them, and yes I will "perpetuate" this "stereotype" that I've seen being true for as long as I've lived.
You can hide from reality, but you can't remove it, not that you should want to anyways, imagine the economy without it, would be dreadful, and sometimes those useless items are cute, and do end up as good decorations.

Back