• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

how good are you at saving money?

I'm good at saving money. I feel huge amounts of guilt when I do so I'm the opposite problem where I SHOULD spend money in some situations but I refuse to.
I've had no money before and had to slightly suffer without some things so I know how important it is to save rather than spend on stupid stuff. Plus, I just avoid looking at online shopping websites and I avoid going to the mall. They just push my buttons lmao.
But I used to be real bad and I spent lots of money on anime merch online, only to wind up with little left. It was dumb so no longer doing that.

im not financially independent so all my money is actually my parents' but im awful with saving and spending responsibly.
im very materialistic and i like having nice things so i splurge a lot, i impulse buy very often and whenever im sad i go into the "treat yo self" mode and basically try to make myself feel better by getting something jnhjbgvf i usually spend my moeny on makeup, skincare, books and random things like stationery (that i rarely use but i want it lol)
i had a summer job and managed to spend all of the money i earned within a month (nearly half of it went for my 3ds and games, but also on the day i got my paycheck i went out and bought expensive makeup "because i needed to spend money on something")
i need to work on that tbh
but then also im very stingy with....basic things like lunch when im at uni all day. i have a hard time spending 10pln on a meal but have no problem blowing 300 on a lipstick jfc

Last edited:
I save a lot and spend a lot 😂

Currently have around $200 in my bank and i friggin swear to god I'm not gonna touch it, just a college student who is trying to save for clothes, gaming and things I need. I get lets say around $4 for lunch money I save at least $2.50 a day and every month I go to bank just to deposit it

Doin it since January

lately i've had huge problems with spending my money. i spend roughly $300 a month on **** i don't need. i'm going to try to only spend money on gas & food for the next little bit. i need to build my bank account back up.

Hey this is really funny because it's been two months and my bank account is in shambles and I don't know how to stop.

Last edited:
I can handle holding money fine, but if something that interests is affordable with the money I have, sure as hell I might spend it lol.

Right now while I don't have bills, utilities etc. I'm pretty good at saving. But I also spend a lot too, so it's kinda a 50-50 split I guess. But if I hadn't been putting money away I would've been tempted to spend more lol

Bad. I blame working at a second hand store and getting lots of stuff we are allowed to buy though :p

But in general I do try to save, which is not that easy when I have to buy overpriced food and train cards :mad:

I'm amazing at saving money, honestly. It just sucks because whenever I get a good chunk saved it's like, car breaks down, furnace goes out, dog pretends leg is broken, etc.

Maybe if I just spent it all on myself none of this would happen, lol.

I suck at it, so much, whenever I have some pockey money I just have to spend it on internet crap like in-game things or sometimes I buy japanese snacks or some goodies, I always have something to buy.

I would say I am good at it. I make enough to live comfortably, and splurge on the things I want.

I've never been in the position where I am living pay cheque to pay cheque, and I never plan on it. I don't buy a whole lot of stuff for me. I'll go maybe once every three years and do a major shopping splurge. Last time I spent $300 at lululemon

I like to think I'm pretty good at saving money. $500 every paycheck, this is how I spend it:

Basically, I allow myself $25 on personal spending (One Pop! figure and one google play gift card), $50 for gas, $50 for lunches while at work. Everything else - $375 - goes into savings.

My parents do help a lot, though. I'm still a minor and living in my parents house so my mom buys clothes I never wear (and don't even ask for, mind you. I'll just come home one day and my mom's like, "I bought you a new shirt!!!"), food for dinner, and they'll buy toiletries except for toothbrush and toothpaste/shampoo and conditioner (which I'll take out of my $25 when needed) since it's to be shared with my sister.

I mean, I really don't spend my money when I get some. Half the time I just haphazardly stuff the cash into my bag and totally forget about it

I'm pretty good at saving money plus it's necessary for my case because my spouse and I wanna move to another state eventually. I recently made a savings account to ensure the money for the move

IM AWFUL AT SAVING MY MONEY OMG my laptop recently just died on me so i need a new one, but i only have 85$ and that's without me spending it on going out and food. Like there's so much i want to buy but i don't have a job yet so i have no steady income (but i am getting one soon with my permit) and I REALLY need a new laptop for school, but i have no self restraint and ughh

I am terrible at saving money and I’m very ashamed by it.
I do plan on doing better from here on out, however.

I usually am. However, after a while I usually do make a big purchase, like when I bought my PS4 in June.

When I was younger I was so bad at saving money! If I had any money, I wanted to buy something with it. I got better as I got older, but recently I've been saving money like crazy! I'm almost obsessed with saving my money :p . Not like I'm obsessed with having a load of money, just whatever I do have, I want to save.

God I'm so bad at saving money but I wish I could because it would help in the long run. The moment I get money it's all gone on clothes, makeup, games or food ahahahah.
I wanna start saving so I can move out but I'm an impulsive buyer and there are too many music festivals I wanna go to at the moment.

Back