• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

How do you feel about HHP *grading*

CylieDanny

🔥The Spicy Prince🔥
Bells
Island
Fuggire
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Fortune Cookie
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Its not so much the grading, its the villager's reactions xD I know its like settle but it depends on their reaction to how much they like it,

Like I dont get why that has to be a thing and why they cant just be like, happy about it. Cause I spend like almost an hour on these houses, then to just get like a, head tilt (neutral) its like:

*Are you kidding me I just spent an hour on that*

Its honestly the only reason I find it so stressful, just wanna get a decent reaction from them, like my deer. I spent like an hour on his and he was neutral about it all he wanted was a different wallpaper, really ugly wall paper too and he liked it more. Idk why it didnt fit his personality.

Kid Cat I got the best, happyiest reaction from him. Marshal as well. Im curious how other people feel about it, I just wish they would be straight up happy with your work. For me im only neutral about redoing stuff.

But Im that kinda person who gets ticked off by how other people feel about my stuff in games and real life, Not usually virtual. So thats probably why it annoys me so much

At this point im just playing till I can unlock house decorating.

Last edited:
I also don’t think I’ve ever seen a reaction that wasn’t positive, and I always assumed that was their only possible reaction. Nice to know that it has a bit more depth than that after all!

I assumed they would only be unhappy if you didn't place all their required furniture?

I kinda wish there was more to the HHP grading, to be honest! Like if there were certain themes we could follow, or if there were certain items that certain villagers hated, or maybe even color schemes..

They seem to only care about sticking to a theme in the home. For example if you place only "Wooden" furniture then the rating goes up but if you somehow put something in the room that is not sticking with the theme the rating goes down.

Wait, they can be unhappy? I've never had any reaction other than OMG IT'S THE BEST! I found it kinda boring tbh too so I haven't played since I unlocked everything. I found HHD more fun somehow lol

I also don’t think I’ve ever seen a reaction that wasn’t positive, and I always assumed that was their only possible reaction. Nice to know that it has a bit more depth than that after all!

I assumed they would only be unhappy if you didn't place all their required furniture?

I kinda wish there was more to the HHP grading, to be honest! Like if there were certain themes we could follow, or if there were certain items that certain villagers hated, or maybe even color schemes..

I think what they're referring to is not the approval that you get from completing the house, but the reactions the villager has during the photo-op that takes place immediately after, when the screen fades to white and shows the villager exploring their new home from various angles.

In which case, I'm not really sure if those are actually programmed to respond to your choices. I could be wrong, of course, but I swear I've seen them express a variety of reactions from glowing praise to curiosity to basically nothing at all, even when responding to the items that you're required to put into the house to complete it. So I wouldn't take it personally...?

I think what they're referring to is not the approval that you get from completing the house, but the reactions the villager has during the photo-op that takes place immediately after, when the screen fades to white and shows the villager exploring their new home from various angles.

In which case, I'm not really sure if those are actually programmed to respond to your choices. I could be wrong, of course, but I swear I've seen them express a variety of reactions from glowing praise to curiosity to basically nothing at all, even when responding to the items that you're required to put into the house to complete it. So I wouldn't take it personally...?
I put a lot of villager posters an photos on my walls and they seem to love it whenever I do that and the rating goes up really high. I've collected so many them its like they care more about the wall items rather than the furniture.

I literally didn't know this ranking system even existed. Why even go through the effort of programming this if it's going to be so invisible to the players as to be effectively inconsequential? It's like the dragon in my garage, but with video game mechanics.
Honestly I think its so player doesnt feel stressed. But it would still be nice to see

Last edited:
I don't really feel anything towards it. I usually don't follow the prompt or I just design a new idea for them. I've reached the GOAT designer without even realizing it.

Most the time I don't read what they say and take the time to idolize my own design.

I don't really feel anything towards it. I usually don't follow the prompt or I just design a new idea for them. I've reached the GOAT designer without even realizing it.

Most the time I don't read what they say and take the time to idolize my own design.
Honestly sounds like a much more fun way to play it.

I've never gotten a negative reaction, I think they only do that if you don't include their request items. I don't mind doing that, it's part of the challenge of coming up with something creative that includes those items and follows their prompt.

I didn’t even think they could react any other way than positive? Huh.
I sometimes follow their prompts, but other times I try to match a vacation home to that character.

I've literally built the most pathetic excuse of a house you can imagine, and they're always super excited for it. A couple of the houses I've build have been public restrooms with stalls, toilets, and sinks. I've never seen them get upset.

i literally always get the worst possible grade, but i don't really care because i love my house its so cuteeeee

my living room is gorgeous and im always like "are u blind or sm hhp like come ON"

You can give them a house that doesn't have the required furniture??

I always assumed that it would reject the house if it doesn't have all the required furniture.

You can give them a house that doesn't have the required furniture??

I always assumed that it would reject the house if it doesn't have all the required furniture.
I think after the initial build where you're required to place specific furniture, you can go back and decorate it however you want. They still grade you on it.

I think after the initial build where you're required to place specific furniture, you can go back and decorate it however you want. They still grade you on it.

Interesting.

From the link though, the rank doesn't seem to be affected by the grading anyways?

Back