• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

How do you feel about HHP *grading*

I only ever got bonus Poki from when the villager themselves tried to grab my attention on the beach. Even then, I sort of go in blind with what they want because there are certain themes I will fail miserably at, even if their initial request seems interesting to me.

I mean, look at Bam's request. He wants a rice cooking-type home, but all I get to work with under the recommended tab are bathroom items. Don't get me wrong; Bam is one of my favorite villagers (and he deserves the best IMO), but there's no way I can make his house look good with the stuff he wants. I honestly tried my best:

HHP Bam 2.jpg

HHP Bam 1.jpg

One of these days, I'm going to redo his entire house and make it kind of like this Photopia set I made long ago but better:

Bam's Cross-Country Bike Race.jpg

I may even room him with someone, but not sure who yet. Off the top of my head, I think Sheldon might be the best fit for Bam. We'll see.

tl;dr - No idea HHP grading was a thing; realized I kinda suck at sticking with themes. :ROFLMAO:

The only time I've ever noticed a difference is when I build something very quickly - as in, dump the items they want and add two more items, then call it a day. Any time I've spent a long time (or just left the game running) they've been happy with whatever I've done.

I personally would have appreciated a more complex and challenging grading system as it would have been more gratifying and engaging i feel i could accept a job unbox what they ask to be placed and just leave it there and it would be already a ten which leaves me all 😑. It would be fun having them in the island discussing about their new vacation home and complain if they really dont like it or if it does not meet their standards.

Not only would this be more gratifying, challenging and fun but i somehow expected more since the whole DLC rotated on this feature, since its always good there is not much complication nor added work, they could have focused on adding other features, but o well 🤷🏽‍♀️, thats just me 😅

It’s one of those things where it’s really obviously shallow but I can accept it because I have such intrinsic goals for HHP. I use it largely for testing and experiments, and grading has nothing to do with that since I would probably disagree with how the game grades me anyway. I think they know a ton of the best designs would break rules and get poor objective grades, and didn’t bother trying partly for that, partly from laziness. however I totally understand how it bugs others/discourages them from the mode

i'll be honest, i had NO idea it was this complex lol 😂

I never cared about the grading and made each one that fits the aesthetic or the look that I wanted

Back