• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

How do you Feel About the PS5 Shortage?

Kaizer

KaizerMusic.com
Bells
Have you guys been able to get a PS5? Do you want one? What are your thoughts/feelings on the PS5 constantly being sold out?

I remember when my mom told me and my brother that we were getting a PS1 when we were little kids. I think I was like 4 or 5 years old. I remember one of our first games was Spyro. I had so many memories with the Playstation. And then PS2 came out but I remember mostly re-playing PS1 games on it since I had way more PS1 games compared to PS2. I had like maybe 30-40 PS1 games and like 10 PS2 games lol.

But yeah. I've always been a fan of the Playstation. I never got the chance to get PS3 or PS4 because my home life started becoming more and more dysfunctional growing up due to my dad having anger problems and stuff which is why I feel so hyped about the PS5. I feel like this is a good opportunity for me to play all the games I never got the chance to including the newer ones in the best possible way with the best possible graphics. But its's been out of stock 24-7 since it came out. Sucks so bad lol

Not sure about getting one or not tbh, I like some of the exclusives but wondering if it's worth the price tag, do they do a thing similer to game pass for xbox? I think that would make me get one, hasn't really been a shortage here, pretty sure some shops here may have them, guess that's the benifit of being in such a little town, I got my xbox x on release day here

Not sure about getting one or not tbh, I like some of the exclusives but wondering if it's worth the price tag, do they do a thing similer to game pass for xbox? I think that would make me get one, hasn't really been a shortage here, pretty sure some shops here may have them, guess that's the benifit of being in such a little town, I got my xbox x on release day here

Not sure what a game pass is. I've been out of touch with the newer gaming system for a long time. The switch is the only new game console I have which is slowly bringing me back to life lol. That's sickk. Well the thing is, I kind of agree with you which is why I wanna get the Digital Version. It's $100 cheaper and it has the same exact specs and function exactly the same apparently, only you can't use discs. I feel like this is more beneficial for multiple reasons, one being the reduction of plastic that discs come with. So that might be an option for you as well if you don't really care about discs and are looking at the price.

Game pass is basically a subscription service on the xbox, you pay around £10 a month an can play whatever games in the library they have whenever you want an for as long as you want till they remove them, usually it's just the low popular ones they remove, for me it saves me a fortune especially when games like forza and flight sim are almost £60

I'd probably go for the digital ps5 as well, I've ever had a ps so I don't have any games where I'd need the disc version, my xbox has a ton of discs so had to get the disc version for it but I could get away with the digital on ps5, most games I download now anyway

Personally we have one but we had to get lucky for one. We had a friend that had one who was moving to Japan so he was selling pretty much everything he had. We paid retail price for it and a few games bundled with it. It's a great console but we've had it for a year or so and both of our controllers are drifting HORRIBLY. One started drifting within 1 week.

Game pass is basically a subscription service on the xbox, you pay around £10 a month an can play whatever games in the library they have whenever you want an for as long as you want till they remove them, usually it's just the low popular ones they remove, for me it saves me a fortune especially when games like forza and flight sim are almost £60

I'd probably go for the digital ps5 as well, I've ever had a ps so I don't have any games where I'd need the disc version, my xbox has a ton of discs so had to get the disc version for it but I could get away with the digital on ps5, most games I download now anyway

Whoa, Jesus Christ that sounds like an amazing deal. I'm not sure if they have that. Knowing Playstation tho, probably not... But again I'm so out of touch with the newer gaming system and their model lol. I'm just getting back into things. I went thru a lot the past few years and it caused me to not be able to be on top of gaming how I usually am and used to be etc. I'd try it out if you played and enjoyed past Playstation games like FF7, Legend of Dragoon, Spyro, etc. Playstation is epic to me. No idea what to even expect since I never had PS3 or PS4. I feel like I'm stepping into the future after being stuck in a capsule for like 100 years like Fry from Futurama lmao.

Personally we have one but we had to get lucky for one. We had a friend that had one who was moving to Japan so he was selling pretty much everything he had. We paid retail price for it and a few games bundled with it. It's a great console but we've had it for a year or so and both of our controllers are drifting HORRIBLY. One started drifting within 1 week.

That's sick. Damn really? Is this a common issue? I hope that doesn't end up happening to me. Are you considering on getting it fixed or do you feel that it's just a flaw that comes with the console at the moment?

My brother grew up with PlayStation but I never had any game systems as a kid, when I got my first job I saved up an got myself a xbox so I guess with that being my first I'll always have a soft spot for it an the game pass I love to bits

Sad to hear they have a drift problem in the controllers though, the drift on my switch drives me insane an they are hardly cheap to replace as well, hopefully it gets sorted out

I'd definitely love to try a lot of the ps games, I've only really ever seen gameplay of them but they look fun, especially the spyro games

My brother grew up with PlayStation but I never had any game systems as a kid, when I got my first job I saved up an got myself a xbox so I guess with that being my first I'll always have a soft spot for it an the game pass I love to bits

Sad to hear they have a drift problem in the controllers though, the drift on my switch drives me insane an they are hardly cheap to replace as well, hopefully it gets sorted out

I'd definitely love to try a lot of the ps games, I've only really ever seen gameplay of them but they look fun, especially the spyro games

I highly recommend them. I wouldn't be who I am if it wasn't for all of the Playstation games I've played lol, especially FF7 and Legend of Dragoon.

I used to have some hand-me-down PlayStations as a kid, but I'm mostly a handheld gamer that also likes to play indie or multiplayer games on PC.

So I have the same situation with the new Nintendo Oled though. My parents want to get me one for Christmas, but they're sold out everywhere and we ordered like one of the last ones online. I really hope it arrives before Christmas and my order doesn't get cancelled. I can't imagine how difficult it must be to get the PS5 now with the shortages and interest. I legit ordered like the last white Oled in my country. 🤔

it doesn't really affect me because the newest Playstation I own is a PS2 and I'm content with it lol.

my mom really wants one though, it's not so much the shortage holding us back from getting as it is the fact that it's like $500.

The FF games was always the ones that made me really want a PlayStation, loved how the looked an the gameplay of them but my brother was always into football or racing so I couldn't even pinch his ps to play games like that as he didn't have them lol

I was thinking about the oled switch, still not sure, usually phone contracts give away consoles an such so many if they are giving away a ps5 or oled switch I'll get one of those an sell me switch if I end up with the oled, my contracts out the end of the month, it's how I ended up with my switch in the first place, though my phone contract

I used to have some hand-me-down PlayStations as a kid, but I'm mostly a handheld gamer that also likes to play indie or multiplayer games on PC.

So I have the same situation with the new Nintendo Oled though. My parents want to get me one for Christmas, but they're sold out everywhere and we ordered like one of the last ones online. I really hope it arrives before Christmas and my order doesn't get cancelled. I can't imagine how difficult it must be to get the PS5 now with the shortages and interest. I legit ordered like the last white Oled in my country. 🤔

I feel ya. I hope you get it. Visualize, believe and feel yourself in posession of it now. That'll make a difference. Manifest it haha.

it doesn't really affect me because the newest Playstation I own is a PS2 and I'm content with it lol.

my mom really wants one though, it's not so much the shortage holding us back from getting as it is the fact that it's like $500.

Lmao you're old school just like me. Well since you don't have any PS3 or PS4 games to worry about, maybe the Digital Edition would be more suitable for you as well which is $400 instead. You download all the games online, that's the only difference between the two PS5 versions (Regular and Digital).

@Weemaddz Free consoles from phone contracts? What the.... That's beast lol. That sucks about your brother not liking any of the games you wanted. The Final Fantasy games are one of the main reasons I wanted every PS console after PS2 as well. Those and Kingdom Hearts. Playstation has so many other amazing game franchises too tho that's the thinggg. Megaman, Spyro, Crash Bandicoot, Tekken, etcetc. Smdh for missing all of the newer ones lol

That's sick. Damn really? Is this a common issue? I hope that doesn't end up happening to me. Are you considering on getting it fixed or do you feel that it's just a flaw that comes with the console at the moment?
Sony actually had a class-action lawsuit filed against them in February for the drift so I think it's common enough. I would like to get them fixed since one is so bad that I literally can't use it but Sony's a little more annoying about repairs than Nintendo is, even when it comes to controller drift.

I have our childhood PS2 and a PS3 (only to play Persona 5) so I'm satisfied with that. I'm not crazy into a lot of the PS4+ games so I'm luckily not affected by the shortage. I'm just shocked that there is still a shortage after a year(?) like that's crazy!

I do want one and have tried countless times online to get one, with no luck. I follow plenty of pages about the most recent restocks and it doesn’t really help. It’s basically impossible with so many people trying to get it at the exact same time. There needs to be a better system.

Scalpers/bots = the worst. Gotta deal with them too.

Closest I’ve been is waiting in the Best Buy parking lot line for 2 hours, to come up about 15 people short. Hasn’t been an in-store restock near me since.

Here’s to better luck with the upcoming Black Friday sales! (However, I’ve come to terms that I may not get one until the end of 2022… 2023 with the current global chip shortage.)

Sony actually had a class-action lawsuit filed against them in February for the drift so I think it's common enough. I would like to get them fixed since one is so bad that I literally can't use it but Sony's a little more annoying about repairs than Nintendo is, even when it comes to controller drift.

Whatttt. That's insane. I wonder if that was like a jab in their ribs and that's why can't fix the shortage issue either. They're still trying to recover from that maybe lol. And really? How could they be annoying about repairs after being sued for having these issues. Smh... lol

I have our childhood PS2 and a PS3 (only to play Persona 5) so I'm satisfied with that. I'm not crazy into a lot of the PS4+ games so I'm luckily not affected by the shortage. I'm just shocked that there is still a shortage after a year(?) like that's crazy!

That's cool. That means you get to play all the epic PS1 games too. I still to this day play PS1 games when I can lol. And yeah, I don't know what's going on smh.

I do want one and have tried countless times online to get one, with no luck. I follow plenty of pages about the most recent restocks and it doesn’t really help. It’s basically impossible with so many people trying to get it at the exact same time. There needs to be a better system.

Scalpers/bots = the worst. Gotta deal with them too.

Closest I’ve been is waiting in the Best Buy parking lot line for 2 hours, to come up about 15 people short. Hasn’t been an in-store restock near me since.

Here’s to better luck with the upcoming Black Friday sales! (However, I’ve come to terms that I may not get one until the end of 2022… 2023 with the current global chip shortage.)

That sucksss. But you mustn't give up. "Never give up. Trust your instincts." - James McCloud
Never Give Up StarFox 64 Kaizer.png

I don't have one. I also don't have nor money or desire to get one.

I feel like the scarcity of PS5s isn't just a reflex of the chip shortage, but I don't really want to talk about that.

Someone mentioned Microsoft's Game Pass and I'll tell you, you don't even need a console to play anymore, with their X-Cloud system that you get accesst to when you get a year-long Game Pass subscription.

As for me, I said long ago that the Nintendo Switch would be my last modern console. I've been feeling like the industry of AAA games is shifting towards a direction I don't like, and I've been feeling this for 6 years. It's hard for me to get interested in a new game that isn't an indie, and even when I like a game, the cost is usually a barrier for me. I'll stick to the consoles I have, and I'll probably keep playing the same arcade games I've been playing since the mid-nineties and indie platformers.

I honestly think Microsoft is moving in the right direction an PlayStation will need to do somthing drastic or risk having the 5 or 6 as their last consoles, the fact you can now play xbox on literally any device because of game pass shows just how fast they are moving into making consoles a thing of the past, I can play xbox on my phone, tablet, laptop, console an I reckon playing from a smart TV won't be far off, an let's face it just about everyone these days at least has a phone now, give it some time an playing from a TV might just push it into consoles being more for show than actually being needed

I didn't even realise people were still struggling to get hold of them. I have had mine since launch.

I've always joked that I'm a traitor on here because Nintendo is not my favourite of the big three. I've been a Sony fanboy 25+ years and I won't be shifting loyalties in a hurry. 💪

I didn't even realise people were still struggling to get hold of them. I have had mine since launch.

I've always joked that I'm a traitor on here because Nintendo is not my favourite of the big three. I've been a Sony fanboy 25+ years and I won't be shifting loyalties in a hurry. 💪

Haha I feel you. I wouldn't say I like the Playstation more than Nintendo or vice versa, but I definitely need to have both equally. I honestly can't really live without Nintendo or Playstation lmao. I can't only pick one. I need both. Probably why I don't feel as me in my life right now since I had to sell my PS2 a few years ago when I was going thru financial difficulties lmao

@Weemaddz Damn that's so insane. I did recently think about how on point XBox was in being able to have like pretty much every single game backwards compatible even on the latest consoles. It really frustrates me that Playstation and Nintendo won't do this. It's very clearly about the money. But that's another topic for another day lol. I literally reached out to Nintendo tho and asked them if they could have gamecube games and N64 games backwards compatible a few months ago and they said they have no intention of doing anything like that any time soon or something like that. I might be remembering wrong but yeah.

Last edited:
Back