• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Thoughts on the Balloon set?

I just wish they would bring back the balloon dog lamp, I liked the set but that one is easily my favorite item from it. I think it works well outside of the context of the set the best too. Also the balloon lamp isn't bad.

I like to use it for a children room, but other than that I'm not a big fan.. 🎈

Definitely an obnoxious set like others have mentioned before me. The only item that is cute is the balloon dog lamp. Maybe individually the pieces may be ok to decorate with, but when you put this whole set together, it's way too bright & busy!

I think the balloons only containing the balloon set soured me on the concept lol
They're a little garish and bulky

The only two things I like from the balloon set is the balloon lamp and the balloon dog lamp. Maybe it would be better a different color.

It’s not my personal favorite, but nonetheless I think it represents a sort of whimsy in design that is lacking in New Horizons. Revisiting my New Leaf house, I noticed that the rooms were decorated in ways that I wouldn’t have chosen in real life—it’s part of the charm of living in a town of kangaroos and monkeys. I had a room full of fruit furniture, a room of robot furniture, a room of checkerboard modern objects. Even the blue set is a little TOO blue, in a fun way. The furniture in NH is lovely, but it’s missing the furniture sets that felt—not real, but real-life-plus-more. AC is not The Sims. My neighbor is a gorilla in a tank top who might give me a toilet for my birthday if the RNG is feeling particularly unkind. I respect the balloon set for the way it embodies what I like about old animal crossing furniture…..even if it has never been a staple in my home.

I wasn’t a fan of it when I actually played New Leaf, but now that I’m older, nostalgia has kicked in and my tastes have changed a bit, I actually like it a lot more now! I really like how colourful and “in-your-face” it is, even if it can be a little blinding at times. I especially like the Balloon Bed (it kind of looks like a ball pit!) and Balloon-dog Lamp.

I honestly wish the Balloon Set made it to New Horizons, for no reason other than for Pietro. His house interior in NH is atrocious, and the Balloon Set would be so great for him. 😭

it's a very colorful set unfortunately not my taste 😣 i could see it working when u mix with others but definitely by itself it is a lot.

I’m not really a fan I find it way too colourful. I swear I would only unlock items from this furniture set and nothing else haha

It's hideous and I can kind of appreciate it for that. I don't think I ever decorated with it though...

Let’s just say I never used it lol. I did kinda like the balloon dog lamp though

I've always loved it but I wouldn't decorate my house with the full set. I like to use pieces of the set as accent furniture. Lamp especially

Edit: IIRC it also has a sound when u interact w the bed or seat which i adore

The balloon set is acc hilarious

I don’t use them but I always collected them during NL

Kinda sucks. Even if it weren’t for the fact that that’s like 90% of what you get from balloons (and I think before Welcome Amiibo, it was all you could get from balloons), I’d still just see it as something that kind of exists. Not that big of a fan, but it’s not the worst set in the game. Actually, I don’t know what the worst set in the game is.

i kinda hate it but at the same time, it's just so whimsy and cute to me. i threw all of my balloon stuff into the museum exhibit so i could still keep it around

I like the Balloon series. One of my New Leaf towns is a circus & magic show town, and I like circus and clown aesthetics in general, so I think the Balloon series is pretty fun and cute. I will say, though, that I don't like the way they made the chair and sofa.

It's ok! The colors are very bold, making it a little hard to make it fit in with the other furniture I like. I'd love to see it return but with more customization / refurbishing options, and I'm sure it'd get more use that way.

Kinda sucks. Even if it weren’t for the fact that that’s like 90% of what you get from balloons (and I think before Welcome Amiibo, it was all you could get from balloons), I’d still just see it as something that kind of exists. Not that big of a fan, but it’s not the worst set in the game. Actually, I don’t know what the worst set in the game is.
Oh what! They changed it? I was under the impression that all balloons in NL still only contained Balloon items

Oh what! They changed it? I was under the impression that all balloons in NL still only contained Balloon items
I think any item in the rare category in your town can be in balloons now

Back