• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Thoughts on the Balloon set?

I'm... so genuinely shocked about this information...This is how I felt when I learned.. what was it... something about the villagers not being able to get sick?! Or- something about villagers and sickness... so strange.... Whaa..

I'm... so genuinely shocked about this information...This is how I felt when I learned.. what was it... something about the villagers not being able to get sick?! Or- something about villagers and sickness... so strange.... Whaa..
Yeah, villagers used to get sick and you'd bring them medicine so they'd feel better the next day. That aspect was removed with the Welcome Amiibo update because of a bug where sick villagers could move out without informing the player because the sickness superseded the move out ping.

---

I like the Balloon series. One of my New Leaf towns is a circus & magic show town, and I like circus and clown aesthetics in general, so I think the Balloon series is pretty fun and cute. I will say, though, that I don't like the way they made the chair and sofa.
Looking at it again, the table is kind of nonsensical too. It looks unusable due to the gaps unless you figure there's glass or some other transparent material built into it.

So I guess those three could've used more time in the conceptual oven.

I've never been a fan of the balloon set personally. It reminds me of Pietro since he had some balloon items in his house.

I was never a big fan, i did enjoy the dog lamp though.
I think it was just all too much

I don't like it because when interacted with it makes that balloon noise that I HATE like it makes me shiver I hate it so much.

Been thinking about my aversion to this set recently and I think my dislike stems from it's overwhelming presence in balloons.

Do y'all remember the 1st Egg Day of ACNH? The sheer amount off eggs was annoying yes but the fact it made finding the Sakura season DIY's so much harder was where lots of the scorn came from. The balloon set in ACNL ruined my need to pop balloons because the loot table is off. I wish there were more chances to find just random furniture (because there is so SO much) instead of the 7 sets of balloon furniture I've caught

I agree with others: the wallpaper and floor are too loud. However I think the floor by itself could make a cool starting point for a ball pit/"kid core" playroom. And I will always have a soft spot for Peitro's house using this furniture 🤡

I had the full set arranged in my main room when I first started NL because I didn't have much other furniture, and I actually didn't hate it. XD Parts of it are really cute.

Back