• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

do you feel awkward making new threads?

do you feel awkward making new threads?

• not at all

Votes: 16 21.6%
  • a little bit

Votes: 15 20.3%
  • mostly

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • yes

Votes: 15 20.3%
  • i literally die

Votes: 18 24.3%

• Total voters
Yes, actually. I wanted to make a thread in the New Leaf section earlier but my anxiety wouldn't let me so I didn't.

Honestly? Yeah. There’s always a bit of anxiety about lack of interaction and your thread just sits there with little to no replies. Generally, I only make threads in the TBT Marketplace or ones pertaining to the event going on at the time. Collectibles are the one consistent topic I feel comfortable with posting about, because I know so many people have strong opinions on them.

Not at all! As long as it’s something that’s not already been posted or isn’t weird, I’m more than glad to start a thread. Especially for this dusting event for sure!

A little bit, but eh, if it’s a flop it’s a flop 🤷 I’ve posted way more embarrassing stuff on here so a thread with no replies doesn’t bother me too bad.

No, I don't care. Especially if it's something I'm interested in and as long as it's appropriate for the forum (adheres to the rules and guidelines), then I'll create a thread about anything.

I don’t mind making new threads. It doesn’t bother me. I’ve made a lot in Brewster’s as I love off-topic discussions. I don’t make many threads in other sections.

Yes, honestly I just hate thinking people judge me. I know everyone is so lovely here and I am getting better. At the start i deleted so many posts. This is such a lovely safe place and I am so grateful for all the kindness. I have made so many friends who are there for me so why? 🙈😂🫶💜💜

Nope. The only reason I don’t make threads very often is because I usually can’t think of anything good to make one about.

Can't say I would feel awkward. I just wouldn't start one unless it was for trading.

No, I don't feel awkward about creating new threads. My hangup is just trying to come up with a topic of discussion that I think has the potential for a good level of engagement from the community.

I've made some threads in the past for previous dust collecting events that I thought would have decent engagement but that failed to gain any traction, or at least more than like one or two responses. That's only happened a few times though, as usually the threads I create do well enough. It's slightly disappointing when a topic doesn't pan out, but it's no big deal and not something I fret over.

Most of the time yeah, I'm just worried about my thread getting ignored I suppose

Making new threads is literally THE most awkward thing and I'm glad we are finally addressing it 😅

Not at all. When I'm passionate about a certain topic. I'll usually just post a new thread about it. Whether it'll be about art, history, games, just basically anything I found interest in basically any topic. I'm still careful about what I post here though.

I sometimes re-read posts before posting it so that It'll be understandable. But most of the time, I just edit my posts when I found it to be "poorly-worded" for me.

I literally die every time even if it’s something I’m passionate about and feel like there’s a space for it - IM JUST SCARED NOBODY WILL INTERACT W IT TBH
This sums up my feelings perfectly. I rarely ever make mew threads because I don’t think the world needs to know what flavour toothpaste I prefer, for example. Whenever I did make a thread in the past only a handful of people interacted with it, so that just doubled my apprehension and anxiety about it 😅

Regularly! It's at its worst when posting event threads or anything to the bulletin board. I keep worrying about typos and forgetting things, and get thoughts like "But what if they don't like the silly lore bits?" but then I remember that I don't care, you all skip straight to the 'prizes' section anyway and the lore is fun to write so whatever. Anyway, I still get it when making some question or trading threads too. Sometimes it feels like anything I post is under a magnifying glass lol, it probably is to some degree

Call me weird, but I get this random anxiety before posting threads. I don't know why it happens, but it does.

To be honest, I have no idea how I get the confidence to post threads.

making threads terrifies me 🎉 social anxiety babeyyy

every time i have to make a thread i stall for as long as possible and hope someone else will do it instead

and then proofread like 50 times before i post and then realize theres still mistakes and want to disappear off the face of the planet

typically i try to walk away right after posting otherwise ill end up watching it anxiously for 2 hours 🥲

Back